SP Medieval New Mod: “Europa - 1300 AD” (Updates, see page 39+40)

Should I change the direction of the mod (see page 19 for details)?

• Go for it and God speed!

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • What the hell were you thinking? Shut up and get back to work!

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry tends to pop on every once in a while and lets us know he is alive.  It isn't dead unless he says it is, but he most certainly has other obligations in life that slow down the process.

wow this was one of the first topics i posted in back in like feb. last year!

has it made a lot of progress? is it still alive? :razz:

Hello everyone.

Skot the Sanguine said:
Barry tends to pop on every once in a while and lets us know he is alive.  It isn't dead unless he says it is, but he most certainly has other obligations in life that slow down the process.

He's very much correct.  It's not dead until I say it is.

Speaking of which, I wanted to update everyone.  I am proceeding with this mod and will work on it for Warband.  I'm discovering new techniques frequently and progress is going very well.  I thought I'd share some new work with everyone.

First, I'll show the new faction banners:
erba134.jpg

This is only the first page - the second is not done yet.

Also, I'd like to show the new shields.  I've updated the method used to make them, and the first few sets may be the same, but the rest (probably the majority) are new.  These shields represent most of the factions present.  As always, I'd love to hear any comments or feedback:
set1n.png

set2.png

set3n.png

set4.png

That's about it for now.  Take care.

Revan Shan said:
Happy surprise. I thought this mod was dead...

No, it's not dead, but I'm glad it's a happy surprise. 

Elenmmare said:
Looking fabulous Loyale.

Oh, and nice mod too. :lol:

Why Elenmmare, you're making me blush.  :oops:

Skot the Sanguine said:
Awesome.  The train keeps rolling :smile:

Indeed it does.

I'm going to start work on the second type of shield - the kite shields.  There won't be as many, but I'm excited for where it's heading. 

And while I'm here I thought I'd share some more work.

First, some new items.  I've reworked my technique again for uniform textures, and have been playing around a bit with new items.

Here are some new items for English yeomen:
enym1.jpg
enym2.jpg

And for Teutonic Crossbowmen:
ttcrb1.jpg
ttcrb2.jpg

And, I'd like to share some views of the new London scene.  Here, all work is entirely thanks to the efforts of Sensei.  The pictures don't really give justice to the small streets, areaways, and passages throughout - it's really fun to walk around.  But, you'll be able to experience that yourself when you play the mod.

lnd1.jpg
lnd2.jpg
lnd3.jpg
lnd4.jpg

Side note: Now I can't get The Clash's "London Calling" out of my head.  Although, that's not a bad thing...

I love the way I managed to replicate the White Tower  :grin:
The rest makes me a little embarrassed, for I am a much better scenemaker now.

great to see this is still going, and I've got some questions.

Will this be ported do warband? and, Have you found a way to pass the limit that Mount and Blade had for items?

How much progress have you made? I'd say 20%?

Anyway, been following this since day 1, can't believe it passed so much time :smile:

Sensei said:
I love the way I managed to replicate the White Tower  :grin:

I was quite impressed as well, although I'm getting used to your ingenuity. 

Sensei said:
The rest makes me a little embarrassed, for I am a much better scenemaker now.

If that's the case, I don't even know what to expect (but I'm damn excited). 

Wulfrik said:
Hmm new type of armor.It looks good :smile:

Thank you. 

Revan Shan said:
Cool. 1300 comes rocking from the dead.

You know it. 

Man0waR said:
great to see this is still going, and I've got some questions.

Will this be ported do warband? and, Have you found a way to pass the limit that Mount and Blade had for items?

This is being made for Warband, so unfortunately there will not be a 1.011 version for regular Mount & Blade. 

The item limit seems to have been removed, so I'm pushing forward and not really worrying about it.  If it is removed I'm going to have a hell of time with the module.  If the mod doesn't work out because of item limits, surely other people may be able to benefit from my work.  Besides, I love doing it. 

Man0waR said:
How much progress have you made? I'd say 20%?

35% ish

All of my old work is easily being converted over and redone quickly, although there's still some things that might stand in my way. 

Man0waR said:
Anyway, been following this since day 1, can't believe it passed so much time :smile:

Yes you have, and I'd like to thank you, and everyone who's been there for the long haul, for sticking with it. 

Barry_bon_Loyale said:
And for Teutonic Crossbowmen:
ttcrb1.jpg
ttcrb2.jpg

Nice skins, but just for historical reference the Teutonic Knights only had crosses on their brother knights, all other ranks used a simple Tau cross on a mouse grey surcoat.  I know it lacks the luster of chivalric style, but they were very uniform in their practice. (Don't feel I am picking on you btw, I actually recently made the same critique for another mod on the same issue :wink:).

Other than that, excellent stuff all round.

The new shields set - the kite shields.  Every faction has at least one shield, some have quite a few.  The Kingdom of Granada has some in there, and there are a few generic ones as well that are for the player.  As always, let me know what you guys think:

setk1.png

setk2.png

setk3.png

Man0waR said:
DAMN!! All great news :smile:

:wink: Thanks for hanging in there. 

Skot the Sanguine said:
Nice skins, but just for historical reference the Teutonic Knights only had crosses on their brother knights, all other ranks used a simple Tau cross on a mouse grey surcoat.  I know it lacks the luster of chivalric style, but they were very uniform in their practice. (Don't feel I am picking on you btw, I actually recently made the same critique for another mod on the same issue :wink:).

I have much studied historic facts before to make at the sergeant such cross. For our period this this cross also was, can not doubt.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Yes, thank you for pointing that out.  The infantry in the mod will indeed have grey tunics and Tau crosses.  I took the design from an image of Teutonic crossbowman, but I will certainly keep that in mind in the future. 

Eisenhouwer said:
Keep up the nice work!

Thank you, Eisenhouwer.  You've definitely contributed a lot to this mod, so again, thank you. 

Barry_bon_Loyale said:
I have much studied historic facts before to make at the sergeant such cross. For our period this this cross also was, can not doubt.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Yes, thank you for pointing that out.  The infantry in the mod will indeed have grey tunics and Tau crosses.  I took the design from an image of Teutonic crossbowman, but I will certainly keep that in mind in the future. 

Wanker.  :lol:

Barry let me say your work is great, i love the shields and the new dresses for Yeomen, although seems too much "ordinated".

Some units previews looks like a Medieval2 mod. Too many soldiers in the exactly same dresses, too much heraldry and so on...

Skot the Sanguine said:
Wanker.  :lol:

Guilty.

FrisianDude said:
Great pictures. I really like that very last picture with the wavy thing on the shirt. :razz:

Merci beaucoup.

caprera said:
Barry let me say your work is great, i love the shields and the new dresses for Yeomen, although seems too much "ordinated".

Some units previews looks like a Medieval2 mod. Too many soldiers in the exactly same dresses, too much heraldry and so on...

Well, I thank you for the compliment.

That's a fair criticism, although I must warn you know that most of the unit previews are outdated by now. 

As far as too many with the same uniforms, most units have 6+ uniforms, and I think all fit in the 4-7 range.  I don't know how I can do much more variety than that, and that's one thing not too many mods do is have a lot of uniforms for one unit.  It used to be problem that there was too much variety and a cap on possible items a module can handle, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore (knock on wood).

The shields will be mainly used by lords, mounted units, and high-tier infantry.  I'm going to be working on a variety for lower rank soldiers which will be far less heraldic.

I'll keep what you say in mind - thanks for the comments.   

Back
Top Bottom