New Armağan Yavuz Interview

Users who are viewing this thread

If TaleWorlds is doing the porting to consoles - for what is like 5 or 6 if they include the Switch - all in-house that does actually explain a lot.
You are right. Porting either from PC to Consoles or Consoles to PC is a difficult task. On top of that, making them at the same time is not easy. In my opinion they should have managed better their time workload.

I wish they would abandon old consoles and focus on just new-gen ones.
Ps1 had Command and Conquer and Sega had Dune 2. Consoles have to adapt, they shouldn't pretend that Taleworlds developers's heads esplode thinking how to port a complex game in a oooga booga platform that allow to mash only two buttons.

Ps1 had Command and Conquer and Sega had Dune 2. Consoles have to adapt, they shouldn't pretend that Taleworlds developers's heads esplode thinking how to port a complex game in a oooga booga platform that allow to mash only two buttons.
It's about limiting yourself in name of running on last gen consoles. I'm not concerned about consoles, I'm concerned about PC performance and cut features to fit into last gen hardware.

-Second one is about console ports. The interviewer asks "How development of Bannerlord is going"

Armağan says "It is going fantastic. For some time we are in EA but we are also trying to release the game on consoles. Releasing a game on consoles is as hard as making a game bc there are certain serious requirements and everything must work almost with zero error."
This explains a lot.

Making a complete, well thought game with all the areas covered?
No better leaving the game at its most basic and release it to consoles for profit.
Nice.

If the game is being held back due to console release/updates that is really disappointing to me as an already full paying customer. This is an awesome game in my opinion I’m amost to year 1100 on my gameplay so far. I’ve really started to stretch what I can do pretty thin. I’m not gonna stop but I almost don’t want to make a legacy because it’s so easy and. Well. That feels too easy. And it would be nice to be able to ask nobles questions.

I’d think it’s safe to say that a majority of people who already purchased the game don’t care 1 bit about console so I can understand why that would cause a lot to become upset.

Indeed... not being able to use mods make M&B franchise far less attractive...
If you take a look at the social media of Taleworlds you will see at least one guy asking for news for the console release underneath every post. i also noticed several guys asking me for the console release on twitch. its a huge market and it seems like its attractive for a bunch of people... before you gasp "sellout": yes, money is a thing for companies. a console release doesnt has to affect us as pc players and that's why it would be none of our buisness, it's theirs, but:
[...]No better leaving the game at its most basic and release it to consoles [...].
Nice.
i'm curious about that too. as far as i know it has been communicated that the pc version is the primary thing of concern for development. that the console release is planned but not in the center of thoughts until the game is out of early access. listening to this interview it doesnt sound like that at all. it actually sounds like the console release is one of the top priorities right now and for a while.

please correct me if iam wrong. i hope i am.

Last edited:
please correct me if iam wrong. i hope i am.
Let's say Bannerlord getting out of EA for PC today, we will not see another 3 millions copies sold in 2 years, it will be less than that but in console though, TW will get another huge sum of money in a short time. PC version being priority was before EA, they got the money. Now it is for another huge sum of money.

mexxico himself said the decision makers in TW wanted to dump down campaign ai for console but he found another solution without dumping down before he left TW. This is a clear evidence for me that TW dumping down the game for consoles and their priority is console release right now and the design of the game changing accordingly. I bet that the game will be out of EA state when the console port ready.

PC version being priority was before EA, they got the money. Now it is for another huge sum of money.
as far as i know it has been communicated that the pc version is the primary thing of concern for development. that the console release is planned but not in the center of thoughts until the game is out of early access.

maybe. in the end i was just wrong. my bad.
last year callum wrote that it is planned to release the console version alongside with the [full]pc version. i simply wasnt aware of that. so it makes sense that they are also concentrating on this right now in context with the release getting closer.

Just curious as to how everyone feels about the announcement of the console ports and Callum confirming it will be coming to console along with the full release to PC (ie. it's being worked on now)

EDIT: Adding the links/screenshots of confirmation as requested

https://wccftech.com/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-is-officially-coming-to-consoles/

V7hm9.jpg
anyway i have mixed feelings about that concidering the latest ammount and content of updates.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I mean if this was a secret then either - A: you weren't paying close attention to development, or B: your critical thinking ability is somewhat hampered.

It's rather obvious that this was the game plan from the start with all things considered... (Does anyone remember the addition of the radial menu that so obviously caters to console?)

As of June 2021 there were 104 million active Playstation 4 users on PS Network (many additional players do not have PS Network). That's a lot of juicy customers just waiting to be sold to on just one of the last gen consoles. If you add the PS5 and Xbox owners.... That's a lot of juice!

TW main goal isn't to make the best PC game they can make - it's to make the most money they can off of the product they've created (just like any company). Sadly, this reality means that the game we could've had will only (maybe) come with mods.

While I appreciate most a lot of UI qualities of life, and navigating though menus is much faster in Bannerlord than in Warband, I feel like I'm missing a lot of the game and my immersion has been hammered in exchange for a way more "gamey" menu navigating experience. In fact, most of what I feel I'm doing in Bannerlord is actually navigating through menus and then jumping to a small scene to fight, or have a max 5/10 seconds conversation with a lord. I understand console users find reading boring because TVs are far away and reading is difficult on it, but Bannerlord doesn't seem like a game you should make with a "consoles>PC" mentality. I feel like most of the design choices in this game has killed the immersion the previous game had. I really envy those guys that partake in their own stories in their minds rather than the game's own feedback, I wished I could have that level of fun I'm not getting with this game. I wished TW didn't rely on that either.

Back
Top Bottom