- Best answers
Hello everyone and welcome to Nevino's Fantastical Formats! Basically my entire goal with this is to test new formats and maps in weekend based tourneys,
with hard scheduling like the Bucharest Qualifiers. I remember back when WWC was a consistent thing and I loved those tourneys, I thought they were fun especially when there weren't a ton of major tourneys going on. This first iteration will only be EU, NA will start later on when the 7v7 is coming to a close, maybe around playoffs. I want to also add that any maps may be submitted for use in this tourney, the final iteration will be 8v8 and the most popular maps tested will be put in the map pool for that 8v8 tourney. We will have this every other week throughout summer, a 6v6, 5v5, and lastly an 8v8. Maybe more will pop up if the community wants them.
TLDR: Testing new formats and maps, new format every other weekend, 6v6, 5v,5 and 8v8. Single Elim over a weekend, rosters have the number of starts and 2 subs in each iteration.
(modeled after WFL ruleset)
1. Players are expected to be respectful of all other players and staff involved in the tournament.
2. Players are expected to show to all official matches and attend as many practices as possible for their teams.
3. Players who fail to do this will have appropriate action taken against them by the admin team and removed if necessary.
1. Matches will be played on an agreed upon server, any arguments will be settled by the Administration.
2. In the event of a persistent DDOS attack, even after relocation, the match will be rescheduled and rounds will only count from the rounds where DDOS had no impact on their outcome.
3. The agreed upon server must be ready for teams and streamers 10 minutes prior to the start of a match.
● Module: TBR
● ENL Mode: private
● Combat Speed: Medium
● Block Direction: Manual
● Auto-Balance Limit: Off
● Disallow Ranged Weapons: Off
● Ranged Friendly Fire: On
● Melee Friendly Fire: On
● Damage to Self: 0%
● Damage to Friend 100%
● Gold: 100%
● Combat Bonus: 100%
● Round Bonus: 100%
● Respawn Time: 8 Seconds
● Max Round Time: 180 Seconds
● Map Time: 120 Minutes
● Spectator Mode: Locked to team view unless both Captains agree on another setting.
● Spectators: None unless either streaming or a member of a playing team
● Flag Spawn: 40 Seconds
*Server settings should not be altered in a way to make the match unfair.
1. Each iteration of the tourney will be played over one weekend, with matches happening each day. Depending on the number of teams(min 4 max , the tourney will take place each Friday-Sunday, or Friday-Saturday.
2. Single Elimination
ROSTERS AND PLAYER NAMES
1. Players will play with the names they signed up with under the id's they signed up with.
2. Players will be required to stay for a short period after each set to allow screenshots to be taken. Consistently fleeing the server or going to spec to avoid being in screenshots will put a player at risk of forfeiting any portion of the prize pool that would otherwise be apportioned to them.
3. Teams will consist of 8 players, 6 starters and 2 subs.
UNIVERSAL MATCH RULES
1. Each match will be played on fixtures provided by the administration.
2. The match is to start within five minutes after the conclusion of picks/bans. Should a team choose not to play or fail to meet the requisite number of players then the other team will be credited a round for the next set for every three minutes that pass beyond the five minutes.
● 6 min after picking = 1 round credited
● 9 min after picking = 2 rounds credited
● 12 min after picking = 3 rounds credited
● 15 min after picking = 4 rounds credited
● 18 min after picking = 5 rounds credited
● 21 min after picking = forfeiture of all rounds yet to be played by violating team
3. In the event that a team member is away while waiting for the other team to acquire its players and is absent when the other team calls 'Ready', the person's team will be provided three minutes to wait for their return before being forced to play or begin being penalized.
4. There will be four sets, two for each map. Each set will be played first to three. At the end of each set, teams will swap sides. Following all maps being played, a winner will be determined by comparing the total rounds won by each team.
5. Matches are to be played 6v6.
6. Substitutions may occur between rounds.
7. Sets must begin within five minutes of a prior set's end. Ten minutes will be allotted between maps. Should a team go beyond these time limits, they will begin losing rounds every three minutes.
8. Each team may call for one reset per match. Resets can not be called after someone takes damage, any meaningful encroachment has occurred one team and another, or fifteen seconds have passed since the start of a round. If a player is killed early and attempts to rejoin the match before the timer is up they will be banned for the remainder of the match.
9. Tied rounds will be replayed.
10. Khergit is not a usable faction.
RULE VIOLATIONS AND DISPUTES
If there is a match dispute by either participating team during any match, the administrators will review it privately with the team captains. If no solution comes of this, the administrators will decide whether to redo that match under Administration Supervision or to leave the match alone the way it is. If the match dispute occurred during the match, teams are to immediately make administration aware of the dispute but continue to play the match.
List of Violations:
● Altering files for an advantage. Cosmetic changes, such as round timers and cross hairs, do not count.
● Exploiting glitches on maps. Glitches are defined as areas in match which, if exploited, gives one team an advantage over the other that was not intended by the map maker.
● Joining the other team's VOIP channel either during the match or during preparation for the match in an attempt to gain an advantage for the map.
● Anything deemed as cheating by primary Administrators unanimously.
● Spawning in an extra player to drop gear for teammates before going back to spec.
● Inflammatory statements designed to antagonize the other team involving prejudices or other factors not involving the scrim at hand. In the event that administration takes offense to statements being made, a warning will be provided. Should the statements continue, the player will be forced to sit out the remainder of the set. Should the statements continue again, the player will be banned from the match. Note: Players will be judged only for their own actions. The series of escalating punishments only applies to the actions that a player himself has committed, not his teammates.
Violations result in the following:
1. The exploitation of maps will result in the forfeiture of all rounds within the current set by the offending party (3-0). Any rounds that were won within the set prior to this violation will be discarded as the non-offending team will receive a 3-0 for the set. Intentionally spawning in an extra player to drop gear for team will result in a warning and possible forfeiture of rounds for minor offenses and forfeiture of set / expulsion from scrim for severe offenses.
2. Any altering of game files, joining of another team's ts to gather information, or any other severe forms of cheating will result in the expulsion of the offending player from the tournament.
Note that in the event of a dispute between the head admin and consulting admins, the head admin will prevail unless the consulting admins unanimously decide against the head admin. Note that the votes of all consulting admins are required to be deemed unanimous, not just the votes of admins present at a meeting.
A player may be punished if:
- they engage in categorical insults (racist, xenophobic, sexist, etc.).
- they reveal real life information about an individual or provide the means to acquire such information
- they use the admin chat (i.e. red chat) in-game to engage in any type of hostility toward a player or group of players that is a part of the community.
A player's name is actionable if it:
- contains profanity
- targets another player or clan by name
- attempts to impersonate another clan or individual
- violates any of the above rules governing communicated conduct.
If a match is being officially streamed by Bladecast (or by any streamer both captains endorse) all other individuals (including non-Bladecast streamers) must exit the server once the match starts. Nobody may view a match outside of streamers or those who have been approved by both captains. If you wish to watch the match, watch the stream. Streamer status is only to be given to designated streamers and the minimal number of refs/admins required to perform their function. Matches are not to be filled with half a dozen refs who simply want to watch a match.