Nerf Vlandia in Mulitplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Taleworlds,

It is beyond me why you haven't nerfed the Vlandia culture in multiplayer to the ground yet.. Or rather the sergeant class.

It is painfully obvious that they are brokenly unbalanced.
In nearly every multiplayer match it is 90% Vlandia being voted for and it is just sad to see barely any other culture being picked beside them.
The Sergeant class has one of the highest armor and the fastest and strongest (long)swords that can easily shop up just about anyone in just a few fast swings.
Whilst they can easily survive many hits from their opponents.

No wonder everyone always goes for the sergeant for easy wins.
It just becomes an absolute bore to see Vlandia being voted for over and over again..

Dear Taleworlds,

It is beyond me why you haven't nerfed the Vlandia culture in multiplayer to the ground yet.. Or rather the sergeant class.

It is painfully obvious that they are brokenly unbalanced.
In nearly every multiplayer match it is 90% Vlandia being voted for and it is just sad to see barely any other culture being picked beside them.
The Sergeant class has one of the highest armor and the fastest and strongest (long)swords that can easily shop up just about anyone in just a few fast swings.
Whilst they can easily survive many hits from their opponents.

No wonder everyone always goes for the sergeant for easy wins.
It just becomes an absolute bore to see Vlandia being voted for over and over again..
how about a buff to the others instead of a nerf ? don't want a new CRPG to happen where everything is bad so it's it's balanced but unfun

People vote Vlandia because xbows. Xbows is the WoW Rogue, the CSGO AWP, the Battlefield sniper. Snipers will always be popular.

People who perform well in melee doesnt really care much about the class they use. All they want is the 5% speed bonus perk.

Its "funny" to me how people complain about certain classes when there is free team picking. As if a nerf of a (in your opinion) OP class will fix the balance. If whatever class is nerfed, people will vote for the next "OP" class faction and they will also join that regardless how many players on the other team.

Just wanted to bring up the Vlandia Arbalesters:

• Increase movement speed: Arbalesters should be more agile on the battlefield.
  • Enhance armor: Let's toughen them up a bit.
  • Faster reload: A quicker reload could greatly improve their efficiency.
  • Boost shot damage: To make them even more formidable.
These tweaks could make a huge difference. Thoughts, TaleWorlds?

Vlandia got dominated multiple rounds last night in TDM and Siege. Even numbers. Granted, it was rather close win but nevertheless win. Even Aserai and Khuzait kicked Vlandia arse.

WDYM?

Vlandia really isn't that strong maybe a little OP it's just people vote for it way too much. Maybe make it so that the faction that won the last round can't be voted for the next. But of all the things that need balancing in MP Vlandia isn't the worst.

Problem 1: Faction voting. The one who thought it was a good idea to let people vote for factions are either ignorant or never played a MP game. Or both.
Xbow is one of if not the most popular class. Logic dictate that most players will vote for a faction that has xbow. Vlandia has the best xbows. Vlandia will be picked.

Problem 2: Team picking is super fail partly because of above mentioned in Problem 1 and partly because most good players are good but they aint fair. This is also a universal truth to anyone who played more than 30mins competitive MP in their life.
Make it autobalanced by numbers or spend some money and effort and make an actual nice balancer. Its possible, we know you can do it!

Once these 2 problems is solved, faction/class/gear imbalance will be much easier to spot?

When considering these 2 things and also have Discord in mind, its super obvious that teams will always be super unbalanced so long these 2 issues remain.

As far as nerfs go, I think the best way to go about things would be to do number adjustments than some rather sweeping changes.

Only real nerf I wanna see is for the Sharpshooter to be less strong in melee. Perhaps these changes would work?

Long Sword replaced with Vlandian Cavalry Sword
Improved Armor replaced with Prepared
- replaces Cavalry Sword with Vlandian Shortsword. Shorter, but also much faster
- still grants +9 armor

Having one of the strongest ranged weapons in the game and 24 armor to boot, the Sharpshooter is nothing short of a boss battle. Replacing the longsword with the cavalry sword will mean that mastery of the kick-slash is an absolute must if you wanna survive in melee, or if you're not confident with your ability to use an 83 speed melee, you'll have to give up your ranged damage for a faster sword and some armor

For a few other Vlandian units, I would actually like to see some buffs for two units:

Knight: Shield perk is basically useless since the cavalry sword is painfully slow to the point where you're basically dead if your horse dies. I feel like we could use a "Mounted Infantry" perk where your Lance gets downgraded to a long spear and your horse has slightly less armor, but you instead gain the Sergeant's Axe and Voulgier's kite shield

Peasant Levy: farmer perk has to go. It only exists as a meme and if we absolutely need farming tools, the pre-e1.6.1 pitchfork should make its comeback. I also question the usefulness of the Pickaxe since it's competing against the Sickle's 16 armor and the Hammer being the best mace in the game. I think if the Peasant Levy gets an actual anti-cav option though, the Voulgier's spear would likely need to be removed.

Last edited:
Well, Vlandia was already nerf (Levy are no longer formula 1 *sad backcapper noses*).
But still, the sergeant is completly broken. Heavy armor, fast, high speed combat movements, ....

For xbows problem, 2 solutions exist:
1. Add xbow in all cultures
2. Or both teams are from the same culture

For me, the second option is better, because it will more balanced. Both teams will have the same classes.

Back
Top Bottom