NE Warband 0.603 beta released Jan 3 2012 (and a universal patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

See the download page and grab the beta! Really!

Don't forget to read the release notes while you're there.

Here's the download page: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,210574.0.html

I'll give it a shot for you.

I'm guessing it would probably best to put it over a fresh install of 1.143, or would that not be necessary?

A seperate Beta Mod folder perhaps?

Balla.  :???:

I've just uploaded the beta version. Go ahead and grab it here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,210574.0.html

Some big things we'll want to test:

1) Each individual quest.  Can they be started and completed? Are the rewards and dialogs correct.
2) Joining/leaving factions as mercenary/vassal
3) Creating your own kingdom
4) NE-specific features such as DK invasions, enhanced city building, etc

Eventually I'll come up with a smoke-test list for a full testing run, but for now that should do. Please post beta bugs in this thread.

That is GREAT!
Thank you Soulmata for doing this.
I'll be sure to download the Beta as soon as I get good Internet access (i.e not now), and I'll be glad to betatest!

I've been playing it and so far no real problems, I haven't played the non-beta versions in many months, so I don't know if these are specific to this beta (doubt it) but except from the small things I've encountered, like when the swadian queen invites you to a feast, and the message says "his hall in praven" or what I mentioned in this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211017 I've not encountered any errors.

awesome, but could you release a patch next time as well? 154 megabytes is quite a sizable chunk of both time and bandwidth, for example, I'm sure most/all textures, music, sound and scene object files can be left out as they haven't been changed, and they are the core things which make it so huge.

Started a new game got about 30 men swadians and nords but before I could do any battle I was ambushed by 26+5 group. I'm guessing mercenaries. I say I'm guessing because just as they engaged me on the map the screen went black and the game CTD.

I find it strange since I played for good half an hour before that on the older version of NE (warband). So it's either the beta or some accident since I've never had any CTDs in M&B WB before.

Riddermark said:
Started a new game got about 30 men swadians and nords but before I could do any battle I was ambushed by 26+5 group. I'm guessing mercenaries. I say I'm guessing because just as they engaged me on the map the screen went black and the game CTD.

I find it strange since I played for good half an hour before that on the older version of NE (warband). So it's either the beta or some accident since I've never had any CTDs in M&B WB before.

Do you have a save game from before this happened? Can you reproduce this?

The .603 beta is now available, along with a universal patch that will take any version from .586 onward up to the current beta. All future releases will also be available as a universal patch that is much smaller (about 1.2MB in size).

Native Expansion said:
The .603 beta is now available, along with a universal patch that will take any version from .586 onward up to the current beta. All future releases will also be available as a universal patch that is much smaller (about 1.2MB in size).

Hey,

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but can this beta update be applied to an old save game? Don't really want to lose everything and start again!

Sam,

This current patch should be completely compatible with saves from .586, but it's probably best to copy your saves to a new folder just in case something goes haywire.

Aldrahill said:
Hey,

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but can this beta update be applied to an old save game? Don't really want to lose everything and start again!

Sam,

You can use the universal patch supplied to update .586 to .603b. I'm about 80% confident your existing saves won't break, but some fixes will take a while in-game to be reflected, like the lords letters quest or the item restock.

There IS a chance we missed something and your saves won't port or become corrupted at some point, so please make a copy of them first in the event this is the case.

I also don't remember if the universal patch contains the updated texture pack from Pellagus; if not, you might be missing those textures.  If it is missing them, I can add them.

Back
Top Bottom