Native Is Dying?

Users who are viewing this thread

DoomCraft said:
Spam is easily blocked. I've played nothing but fastest since beta and I've never been abused by spammers. It's all about proper blocking.

Main point is that if you have 2 classes for example, with players who are of equal skill and one using a shield or one using a 2 hander. The shield usually has the advantage because it's easier to block with. You can spam attack with a shield just the same.

Some decent kicking would at least keep them from hugging you like a hippie, yet still have all the qualities of easier blocking.

No. If you use a 1h+shield against my 2h, I'm simply going to create distance nonstop and keep you in my range but outside yours.

The game is well balanced, it's not a question of balance, it's a question of intelligence: some people aren't intelligent enough to know the correct response in certain situations.

Also, the good players are leaving due to there being no real competition, in my opinion, because the top spots are pretty much uncontested as this community is more of a "carebear" community and a lets-be-friends type atmosphere rather than a predatory claw to the top that keeps elite players driving at something. That, and the absence of choices for servers.

Rhade said:
No. If you use a 1h+shield against my 2h, I'm simply going to create distance nonstop and keep you in my range but outside yours.

You seem to be assuming that the shielder can't do ranging either.

Native isn't dying but there's certainly many fewer active servers running Native today than there used to be and looking at the server list daily it's mainly cRPG level grind that has taken the majority of players.

Siege and duel servers seem to be the most popular Native game modes while there's really only one active battle server ( IG ) in the EU these days, where there used to be a lot, and even IG aren't that active anymore with about 30 players on average during the evenings.

Most players have gone to either one of the many cRPG servers, MM or 22nd siege and I must admit I miss the good old days where you could pick and choose among many servers ( especially battle servers which is my favourite game mode ) when you felt like it.

The reason as I see it is primarily raised player limits and mods which the community isn't large enough to bear and still accommodate a large selection of active servers with a variety of game modes.

The competitive clan scene is still most active in Native, though.

Skandinav said:
even IG aren't that active anymore with about 30 players on average during the evenings.
Battlegrounds lost about 10 players on average when vikingr was released. It's yooooourrrrrr faaaaulllttttt :grin:

Native is not the spectacle that it once was. It has not 'died' nor will it ever 'die' - it is just difficult to look at it with the same perspective during the late beta/early months of release. When Warband was first released the quantity of servers were seemingly slim and the entire player base was typically focused into the Battle mode. It was exciting because Warband was new and the thrill of a medieval multiplayer game was unparalleled. Everyone was out on the fields making a name for themselves and their clans.

Server saturation, growth of player base, and release of mods has both stretched and developed our current player base which is neither a good or bad thing. Over the coming months I think we will see Warband develop into a diverse set of mods that over a wide variety of experiences and clans, but no matter how many mods we create we will still always fall back onto native to cleave each other with a Long Axe or Great Sword!

If anything the dying out of the native servers will only allow for the highly active and quality ones to remain! As for cRPG every one has a cup of tea. I like the concept but I am not a man who enjoys a grind. The main problem I have with cRPG is that is is full of bastards who give **** less about fun or community and only about their K/D table.

What wall of text?  :wink:

Say it aint so... but yes fewer people play native. As for availabilty, GK an POM always have players from 5:00PM EST an up. PTK is well stocked, and others. If your in Europe 22nd also stocked.

ZHG is the best siege server, 13th isn't very well admined, otherwise it would be great. IG is the only battle server normally and is good. I don't tend to duel much anymore but Swadian and Nditions both seem pretty good, besides the greatword useage but that's not a server issue.

On a side note, does anyone feel dueling has declined in 'fun' since the the duel mode was introduced? I don't mean that it's to blame obviously but all my most interesting times seem to have been before it.
2) About CRPG:
I recall on the steam forums someone described cRPG as the cancer of warband. I'm inclined to agree unfortunately.

Ischenous said:
2) About CRPG:
I recall on the steam forums someone described cRPG as the cancer of warband. I'm inclined to agree unfortunately.

So the 3000 people playing cRPG per day are simply wrong? A collective misinterpretation?

Would it help you if I'd just shut the servers down? And would that help Warband or Native?

I'm sorry if I disturbed your gaming experience with my mod.

chadz said:
Ischenous said:
2) About CRPG:

So the 3000 people playing cRPG per day are simply wrong? A collective misinterpretation?

Would it help you if I'd just shut the servers down? And would that help Warband or Native?

chadz, I can respond to that is by first pointing out you are such arrogant and then by listing all of the features of the above post: thats so unsavoury, revolting, repulsive, repugnant, objectionable, ugly, obnoxious, offensive, sickening, loathsome, loathful, nasty, lurid, foul, vile, nauseatingly, obnoxiously, offensively.

Whoa now lads lets not turn this into a rumble and settle down our grumbles. cRPG is a fine piece of work but it does host a good deal of fowl mouths and the such. I am sure all it would take is an increase in admin activity to put a stop that ill minority that has made so many of us frown.

chadz said:
Ischenous said:
2) About CRPG:

They weren't insulting crpg, just stating that everyone stopped playing Native to move on to crpg. Not very insulting.

IG_M said:
Skandinav said:
even IG aren't that active anymore with about 30 players on average during the evenings.
Battlegrounds lost about 10 players on average when vikingr was released. It's yooooourrrrrr faaaaulllttttt :grin:
I'm sorry M, let's agree on blaming cRPG  :wink:

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
chadz said:
Ischenous said:
2) About CRPG:

They weren't insulting crpg, just stating that everyone stopped playing Native to move on to crpg. Not very insulting.

'cancer of warband' looks kinda like an insult imo.

Back
Top Bottom