Native Is Dying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tornkik95

Does anyone else think that less and less people and playing Native?
I have been playing cRPG and Invasion for quite some time. I went to Native mod just to checks things out and There was only about 15 people total playing Native. I still enjoy native though I think cRPG basically is native with some bonus items. I still enjoy Native but can rarely find a room to play in with other players.

Depends on the time/day or servers that are up.  I thought the same thing a few weeks ago but recently I haven't any trouble finding a native game.  If you're in the US area try US GK Server.  There's almost always good numbers on that server if you like siege.

I really miss the 200 player battles on 22nd. Siege doesn't compare, and cRPG... blergh. I hate levels and stats and all that, especially in multiplayer games.

Don't know, when I'm on I usually find a full battleserver, siege server and duel server, I don't really care for other modes.
I'm often playing crpg/strategus now, although I don't like the leveling myself, it has some advantage over native.
Mainly new maps. It's always the 4 same maps in rotation, then a random map is randomly selected and everyone is like bleh vote 1 for ruins.
I mean yeah, apart from these 4 maps everything is unbalanced but it's more fun for me exploring a unknown village or forest and ambushing people.

I always play native. And there's always more than 15 people, haha. 22nd servers, for example. Or OLL.

Tornkik95 said:
Does anyone else think that less and less people and playing Native?
I have been playing cRPG and Invasion for quite some time. I went to Native mod just to checks things out and There was only about 15 people total playing Native. I still enjoy native though I think cRPG basically is native with some bonus items. I still enjoy Native but can rarely find a room to play in with other players.
I find that during the evenings, there are usually a couple of hundred players on. I do think it's rather interesting how big the difference is in the playerbase if you check at 2 pm or at 8 pm, however.

I don't even understand why people play cRPG. The grinding just replaces all the skill and tactics with "hurr my skill points > your skill points". It's really taking native MP and removing every good part of it.

I would see my HD deleted before I even try that rpg crap.  I saw within 2 months of release that this games MP community (specifically in North America) would be dead very fast because of many glaring bugs and issues,  such as the problem of having more than 100 ping and trying to play on a server,  and other even more stupid reasons like servers using crappy settings (auto block on the official servers?  Are you serious?).  I made several posts about this a long time ago. 

Scarf Ace said:
I don't even understand why people play cRPG. The grinding just replaces all the skill and tactics with "hurr my skill points > your skill points". It's really taking native MP and removing every good part of it.
cRPG allows you to customize your characters and play the way you like it. You don't have fixed unit types. And actually some Strategus battles are more organized than Native ones; with commands on teamspeak, people split in squads. I like Native for its aesthetics and integrity. Although with people joining various Strategus factions and clans it is becoming something visible in cRPG too. Even in cRPG skill points < player's skill every time.

diavel said:
Scarf Ace said:
cRPG allows you to customize your characters and play the way you like it. You don't have fixed unit types. And actually some Strategus battles are more organized than Native ones; with commands on teamspeak, people split in squads. I like Native for its aesthetics and integrity. Although with people joining various Strategus factions and clans it is becoming something visible in cRPG too. Even in cRPG skill points < player's skill every time.
cRPG guides all say "you should stick with the plate armored guys to get additional XP from their killing sprees"
Now I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't call single players killing groups due to a pure grinding advantage "teamwork and skill".

IF I play it tends to be mainly clan trainings on Native or indeed Full Invasion, mostly. Though I do sometimes feel like duelling on the Nditions server.

I only play native and there are always servers available, not even including the 22nd servers which I can't play with my computer. IG_Battlegrounds nearly always has a good amount of players and usually close to its maximum 50 at peak times. When I want to duel Ndition's nearly always has people and if it doesn't Swadian or DR duel servers usually do instead. I don't really like siege but IG_SiegeServer has players quite often if the 222 sieges aren't your thing.

If you live in the US, then yeah there are only a few servers to play on with people but at least there usually are people, and I don't think it will die completely...for a very very long time.

About custom maps, the two main US servers: POM and GK, both run custom maps.

Native is hurting that's for sure

crpg does a lot of damage as well

i don't know what we're going to accomplish talking about it here though

Native has a lot more than the '15 players' the OP mentions; the 22nd siege server for one invariably has at least 60 or 70 players, and often way over 100. And I am sure I saw a large 22nd server running battle mode as well.

crpg is a lot more fun than native.  I like being able to customize my character ect.  Native is generally the same old thing over and over.  The Strategus Mod for CRPG is insanely fun; the battles matter a lot and the overall strategic value is pretty in depth.

Back
Top Bottom