SP - General My take on the current status and what can be improved (+ / -)

Users who are viewing this thread

+ Babies, and playing as them as your character grows old and dies naturally or unnaturally.
+ Sword smithing, mount those blades.
+ Updated the city/town/castle development screen to specify bonuses, growth and perks.
+ Various mini-games in towns and castles, showing off what the engine can do.
+ Personality perks and advanced skill tiers to further add to the whole barter/social system.
+ Lots of lore in the intro, even if it's not precisely what I am looking for in a M&B game.
+ ...Different combat. The combat feels bulkier, the horses heavier.
+ Siege is fun because people are actually required to work together, unlike the official TDM.
+ Actual siege equipment, not super-revolutionary since mods has accomplished the same.
+ Captain is also a great mode for the strategic mind.
/ The UI is easy to use, but it's not very pleasant to look at. The windows are too big.
/ Many features act and look the same, but there's some new armor and weaponry.
/ MP should give new players a chance to learn the combat system without opening the SP.
/ It's no longer possible to ask other noblemen where a certain character is located.
/ Why would I own a workshop when they aren't economically beneficial like caravans most of the time?
- Sick of all these loading screens between minor things such as several lords captured, couldn't TW solve this?
- 3D overviews of towns and shrunken characters on the map lags the whole game.
- Few quests, and a lot of the same ones. It's a family feud most of the time.
- Friendly armies steal all food, starve and make troops leave just to split due to low cohesion.
- Graphics are already kinda outdated, even if it's a big leap from M&B / Warband.
- Haven't found a way to vassalize my companions, which was possible in Warband.
- My wallet can visualize the micro-transactions happening in form of cosmetics for the MP.
- My mind can spot a DLC for sea-faring to the islands, unless it's getting a mod.
- Large focus on fast-paced matches and ranked matches to gain normie players.
- The kill/death statistics isn't separated. Killed players should be split from killed bots.
- Skirmish feels too amateurish Dota/LoL/CS:GO-esque. Skill groups are required.
- Limit for matchmaking groups remains at 6 even when causally looking for Siege or TDM.
- Impossible to organize tournaments since two separate groups can't find each other.
- Limit classes in MP matches by percentage of total players instead of using money as limiter.
- No way of renting servers, or hosting them with a poor excuse of ''many updates will occur''.
- No permanent siege servers for European players, which are likely a majority of players.
- No map editor or access to modkits upon release in Early Access.
- Some skills are very hard to level up or even comprehend what to do in order to level up.
- Persuasion conversations are one-try-only, yet game doesn't warn or allow you to go back.
- 70% of companions I find in taverns are females and has the affix of ''the Black''. Poor joke?
- All the female vassals, companions and daughters look like they've got Downs syndrome.
- Derthert got a blonde white wife, a blonde white daughter and three brunette bronze sons.
- The kids looks like the girl from the video game ''F.E.A.R.'' or the horror movie ''The Ring''.
- I keep forgetting where I can see my renown.

Most are minor issues though, which will most likely be hotfixed soon. The major issue is the lack of tools for a game built upon it's single-player modifications and player-driven multi-player events. These are points from my Steam review.

Back
Top Bottom