Multiplayer suggestions - Equipment system, Banners, Battle mode, Character names, Camera

Users who are viewing this thread

Please change equipment selection (at least for battle mode) similar to Warband and With Fire and Sword

When I was playing Warband or With Fire and Sword in online mode I never knew how brilliant the equipment system is, and now it's missing - it is always like that, you recognize what you need, when it's gone. The old system gave you so much freedom, especially for Clans and Clanwars. For example: When we played Clanwars in With Fire and Sword the infantry always took as many old pikes as possible and shared them after spawning, cause they were for free, so when it came to battle even the marksmen could join the charge and it was much easier to work as team and the old equipment system also provided a greater variety of tactics. But not even tactics alone - when I was playing Bannerlord online ... everybody looks like the same cause you can't really choose on what you put the focus (for example you choose the best weapons and don't mind bad armour or the opposite .. or just go and charge naked with claymore or whatever you feel like – this was the great freedom you had in every M&B game before), and even the really brilliant character creation doesn't get it's tribute in online mode ( im Warband and With Fire and Sword I spent hours on creating funny looking characters and I got very often a funny feedback, but in bannerlord - even though there are much more tools I don't feel like investing that time cause nobody will notice.. not even me), because -as I told you before - everybody looks similar, cause you can't remove any hats or helemets, the armour or whatever you like but for me this freedom is essential for the M&B feeling, but right now online mode feels more like a shooter (CoD; Battlefield,…) than like M&B. Change is not always good and it´s good to stick to your own style. Please at least discuss about bringing the old (and really excellent) equipment system back to the game

Please enable to free Camera after death in online mode:

this should be at least an option in server settings

Please enable to name characters in online mode:

would be important for clans and clanwars, because I know a lot of players, who won´t change their steam name for a clan

Please enable to choose banners or at least to choose your own symbol in online mode:

Custom banners are in my opinion very important for recognition and customization especially for clans/clanwars, but also for players and furthermore it is just a great feature and belongs to the Mount and Blade feeling (at least for me) - in the earlier M&B Games I created at least 20 banners myself and for me it is a big part of M&B

Please add Battle mode: beside i just love this mode it will be important for clanwars as well

Agree with all of those, the first point the most.

They said they would introduce "one life gamemode" while i don't know if this implies battle with some changes to it, it should come back.

Please change equipment selection (at least for battle mode) similar to Warband and With Fire and Sword

When I was playing Warband or With Fire and Sword in online mode I never knew how brilliant the equipment system is, and now it's missing - it is always like that, you recognize what you need, when it's gone. The old system gave you so much freedom, especially for Clans and Clanwars. For example: When we played Clanwars in With Fire and Sword the infantry always took as many old pikes as possible and shared them after spawning, cause they were for free, so when it came to battle even the marksmen could join the charge and it was much easier to work as team and the old equipment system also provided a greater variety of tactics. But not even tactics alone - when I was playing Bannerlord online ... everybody looks like the same cause you can't really choose on what you put the focus (for example you choose the best weapons and don't mind bad armour or the opposite .. or just go and charge naked with claymore or whatever you feel like – this was the great freedom you had in every M&B game before), and even the really brilliant character creation doesn't get it's tribute in online mode ( im Warband and With Fire and Sword I spent hours on creating funny looking characters and I got very often a funny feedback, but in bannerlord - even though there are much more tools I don't feel like investing that time cause nobody will notice.. not even me), because -as I told you before - everybody looks similar, cause you can't remove any hats or helemets, the armour or whatever you like but for me this freedom is essential for the M&B feeling, but right now online mode feels more like a shooter (CoD; Battlefield,…) than like M&B. Change is not always good and it´s good to stick to your own style. Please at least discuss about bringing the old (and really excellent) equipment system back to the game

Please enable to free Camera after death in online mode:

this should be at least an option in server settings

Please enable to name characters in online mode:

would be important for clans and clanwars, because I know a lot of players, who won´t change their steam name for a clan

Please enable to choose banners or at least to choose your own symbol in online mode:

Custom banners are in my opinion very important for recognition and customization especially for clans/clanwars, but also for players and furthermore it is just a great feature and belongs to the Mount and Blade feeling (at least for me) - in the earlier M&B Games I created at least 20 banners myself and for me it is a big part of M&B

Please add Battle mode: beside i just love this mode it will be important for clanwars as well
I absolutely agree with you I was really enjoying it then I realized on like the 4th day of playing the multiplayer was going to be trash, missing every thing in the future and Battle Mode was going to be missing for for E-Sport/COD BS style gameplay which is a way to destroy the game and the love that we all share.
When I first saw the perk sytstem I went huh that is interesting for game modes like the commander battles but for other things it weakens your ability to strategize and maximize the effectivness of your character.

After reading various comments by the developer, it looks like they are unwilling to budge from their current position. I'm a big believer of everything in moderation - so its clear a middle ground is needed.
Don't mind the current class system. But would like to choose two of any of the choices of weapons/perks instead of choosing between one or the other.
The current system puts me in a position where I'm dropping unwanted weapons at the beginning of the round. There also needs to be more variety of items/perks.
I have a feeling that character skins will be available later to change the look of the character. Or at least, I hope so - I'm tired of looking exactly the same as everyone else except the occasional beard, sex or facepaint.
Would I prefer the old Warband system back? Yep. Do I think it will happen? Nope.

The rest of your points in my opinion should be common place and should have come with release. I wonder if the developers seriously understand how important factions/clans are in mp to increase the longevity of the game.

I am concerned though, when Taleworlds make a decision they rarely budge from it - I remember how screwed up with Fire and Sword sp was because you were forced to choose two particular factions in order to conquer the map. Very odd design decision especially when there was more choice in their older game, Warband.

Back
Top Bottom