In Progress Multiplayer Registry Worse Since Update 4/24 (Especially Projectiles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomgreen

Recruit
Ever since the Friday 4/24 patch the registry in multiplayer has been way worse than just a day prior. This is extremely noticeable with throwing weapons going right through enemies/horses which they never did before. I don't know if this is a patch issue or a server issue because whenever the servers are acting funny the registry for throwing weapons goes through people more often. I just wanted to point this out because it's a massive downgrade from just a day ago and I hope this isn't the new registry moving forward. It was crisp before this day/update and now its very frustrating.

I had the same issue with multiple projectiles going trough heads... like too many times.
It wasn't like I didn't saw it properly or anything else... Some of my friends where watching me while dead and all of them said it at the same time that it did go trough and it was bull****.

Yeah if we don't make enough noise for the devs to see this it may just move forward as this being the new default. So tell your friends to post about it and get it in front of the devs eyes before it gets lost in updates. It may just be a server issue but it definitely started on 4/24. The throwing weapons worked great before now its just a mess. Especially may get lost since multiplayer isn't as primary a focus atm.

Honestly it's ridiculously bad the more I play. Throwing axes going dead center through entire horses. I really hope this gets fixed because this is ruining multiplayer for me.

I play a lot of skirmish with throwing weapons and it was pretty decent compared to most games before. Now its night and day way worse since whatever they did from the update or to the servers on 4/24. It's enough to not want to play multiplayer. The downgrade is so insanely frustrating since it was pretty accurate before.

Yeah was just playing it's infuriating. Throwing weapons just going dead center through stationary players even. Really sucks hope this is addressed otherwise its too annoying to play such a giant mp downgrade.

Last edited:
It's just lag registry all around. Probably the server changes more than the update but they coincided on 4/24 so who knows. Someone swings at you and you raise block and it still goes through way more than before also because of the lag reg. Throwing weapons make it the most obvious though with it going dead center through players. I really hope devs notice this or multiplayer will be way worse.

I am experiencing definite hits not being counted! It looks like it's flying straight into them then it doesn't hit!

Yeah it started on 4/24 forsure. Either server changes or the update itself. It was very crisp like where you swung/threw something it landed, but now its lag registry where everything is a split second behind. Like in shooters when you dip around a corner but still get shot like you didn't. That started on the changes from 4/24 probably the server changes. So a lot of attacks melee and ranged just go visually right through players that would've landed before. It really sucks seeing it downgraded in multiplayer I hope the devs actually see this because It wouldn't be an issue in singleplayer so they may just move on.

I've noticed this too. Throwing through enemies, through horses, throwing a pila on a horse leg and it being registered by the shield. And also weapons "refreshing" some moments after they land on the ground which is most surprising. It will often be on a completely different location than before the "refresh".

Hello,
If you could record and post some videos that would help us identify if there is an issue. Please make sure to include your Ping by hitting TAB in the video.

If you have an NVIDIA card you can easily use the Instant Replay function whenever these issues occur.

It's not ping related 100% positive on that. It started on 4/24 the day of the update I know you guys also made some server changes that day so I'm not sure which caused it. But Multiplayer registry just became almost half as good as it was a day prior. It's extremely visible with throwing weapons going thru stationary players even dead center and through horses. Anyone that has been playing multiplayer since e.a. launch probably can tell you throwing weapons ect. never went through people before. Also it seems to punish late blocking more so also so it seems like lag registry in general where things are hitting behind where the player actually is. It's forsure tied to changed on 4/24 though because logging on that day It was immediately noticeable since I play a lot of throwing weapons in skirmish.

I have 40 ping and down entire time on skirmish and tdm servers its happening everywhere. Something that was changed on 4.24 made hits from everything land worse going through center body like it didn't hit them ect. Throwing weapons going through horses a ton. So it's definently an issue gamewide on multiplayer with how everything is registering hits, but like I said It absolutely started on 4/24 and never was an issue before. It would just be videos of throwing weapons going through players and horses that are visually definitely hits that wouldive landed before 4/24 (but its not just tied to throwing weapons its the entire mp). Even raising shields seems to have lag registry you raise a shield to block an arrow and the arrow lands dead center on the shield and goes through as if you didn't raise in time when you forsure did compared to the same action before 4/24 blocking the arrow. I don't know if its a server issue with the client and the server not communicating as well because theres also more lag registry like in a shooter when you go around a corner and still get shot where you were previously. Since 4/24 now they swing and hit air where you were half a second prior and it hits you. This issue happening with everyone.

I really hope you guys find the culprit because It was working really crisp before attacks and projectiles landing where they visually go. My only clue is it forsure started on 4/24 because I played a lot on 4/23 the night before and it was fine before the update.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a smaller clip from my game. I was sitting around 90 ping although it is NOT a ping issue. I've had it happen continuously at 20 ping on NA servers. It seems to happen less on the EU server I was on at higher ping ironically. The incident in question happens at ~1:55 into the video. The first javelin in that 2v2 goes right through the persons abdomen very clearly, while the second one clearly hits the persons abdomen/arms, but is processed as hitting their neck.

I think I can help narrow this down after some thought. I think this is an issue facing all of multiplayer on the NA servers. I forgot the developers aren't from NA and that would make sense why they haven't seen this issue. It most definitely started around 4/24 so maybe its something to do with the NA server providers that was changed on that date. The performance of registry was far far better before whatever happened around 4/24. So I'm guessing it has to do with something that was changed to the NA servers then and not the update itself. The same thing that happens in the video of throwing weapons hitting then shifting and registering as hits in another body part happens ALL THE TIME. They go through enemies/horses or they hit and shift to a different spot. Obviously the client and the server aren't passing information as well as they use to prior to 4/24 and its showing up as these weird missing/registry hits. It happens with all attacks but its clearly most obvious with throwing weapons. I've had many times where it passes through entire giant sections of horses and misses and even through stationary players right dead center. It's not ping related (always under 40 ping) and it happens to everyone on the NA servers since 4/24. It was so apparent that I noticed it right away on that day because I play multiplayer often. Digi's video there isn't the best showcase of it no offense, I've just seen really blatant weapons flying through enemies that never use to happen before after last weeks changes.

I really hope you guys can pinpoint this because multiplayer registry was running very well leading up to 4/23. My guess is the issue is in the NA servers.

Last edited:
I think I can help narrow this down after some thought. I think this is an issue facing all of multiplayer on the NA servers. I forgot the developers aren't from NA and that would make sense why they haven't seen this issue. It most definitely started around 4/24 so maybe its something to do with the NA server providers that was changed on that date. The performance of registry was far far better before whatever happened around 4/24. So I'm guessing it has to do with something that was changed to the NA servers then and not the update itself. The same thing that happens in the video of throwing weapons hitting then shifting and registering as hits in another body part happens ALL THE TIME. They go through enemies/horses or they hit and shift to a different spot. Obviously the client and the server aren't passing information as well as they use to prior to 4/24 and its showing up as these weird missing/registry hits. It happens with all attacks but its clearly most obvious with throwing weapons. I've had many times where it passes through entire giant sections of horses and misses and even through stationary players right dead center. It's not ping related (always under 40 ping) and it happens to everyone on the NA servers since 4/24. It was so apparent that I noticed it right away on that day because I play multiplayer often. Digi's video there isn't the best showcase of it no offense, I've just seen really blatant weapons flying through enemies that never use to happen before after last weeks changes.

I really hope you guys can pinpoint this because multiplayer registry was running very well leading up to 4/23. My guess is the issue is in the NA servers.
That also wasn't on the NA servers. NA servers were down so I was on EU. That was within the first 5 minutes of my play on an EU server at 90 ping. It is WAY more pronounced on NA.

Yeah I think something changed to NA servers on 4/24 and now its just performing registry wayyyy worse than prior to then. I know they did some server tweaks then so I'm guessing that's the culprit not the update itself. I hope the devs get on this because it really dampers the NA multiplayer experience compared to before and undercuts the game, and it affects everyone on NA multiplayer not just the ones posting here about it.

Just had the most ridiculous examples of this happen. Throwing spears 5 feet dead center through enemies with 38ping. I really hope devs fix the NA servers. It was never like this earlier.

NA servers are being horrible today and this problem is happening twice as frequently. I think the issue is with the NA server provider. Ping is 40. Started on 4/24

Theres also a secondary issue I have seen that only happens on NA servers. I have an average 18-22 ping on NA servers normally, but every now and then it'll jump to 130 without warning and become stupid laggy like I was relegated to a secondary connection with the server. This continues forever until I restart the game, at which point I go back to 20 ping. I think theres something screwy with the NA servers causing all of these issues combined.

Back
Top Bottom