In Progress Multiplayer Registry Worse Since Update 4/24 (Especially Projectiles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Theres also a secondary issue I have seen that only happens on NA servers. I have an average 18-22 ping on NA servers normally, but every now and then it'll jump to 130 without warning and become stupid laggy like I was relegated to a secondary connection with the server. This continues forever until I restart the game, at which point I go back to 20 ping. I think theres something screwy with the NA servers causing all of these issues combined.

Yep that happens to me on skirmish NA servers, especially today. Didn't want to mention it here though. Somethings are off with the NA server providers. But that issue isn't directly tied into the registry because the registry has consistently been worse since 4/24. I don't want them to think the registry issue is just high ping lagging because its not my ping is almost always at a steady 40 and the issue happens all the time with the lag registry since 4/24.

The amount of times throwing weapons went dead center right through players clearly and swings went through shield blocks today because of lag registry coming from the NA server is ridiculous. Is anything being done about this? It makes me not want to play multiplayer and I'm sure its the same with others. This was not an issue before 4/24 server changes/update so what the heck is going on devs? It's getting ridiculous 5 throwing javs in under 2 minutes went dead center through enemies and didn't hit them. And many times today melee swings are going right through blocks because the server isn't keeping up with the clients info.

It's happening an obscene amount of times tonight and the servers have been wonky for NA all day today so It has to be tied to the servers. Server changes I believe were also made on 4/24 and thats when overall the lag registry/ throwing weapons going through enemies started to be very noticible. So i'd bet $ that its an issue with the NA servers and server provider. Please fix this it really ruins multiplayer for the North American playerbase.

Last edited:
Yup, lances, arrows, swords, everything often just ignore the mesh completely, but often not the shield. leading to hilarious moments where it seems like soldiers are blocking behind themselves.
Multiplayer is completely unplayable atm thou, the only thing that works is to spam khans guard or falxmen.

I really wish the devs would reply and tell us what they are planning to do about this. I already narrowed it down to NA servers and a date 4/24 when some server changes were made to help them but they haven't said anything. The server client registration or hit detection performance (the server and client talking to eachother) turned to garbage on that date and thats when all these throwing weapons and strike throughs started happening. They are still thinking maybe this is clients internet but no it's literally every single NA multiplayer experiencing this decline in crispness from where visually things hit and where they actually are to the servers knowledge. It was working so well before thats why this is so agitating to see downgraded.

My friends and I have had the same "ping randomly jumps to 150 and stays there until the game ends" thing. Definitely happening server side, it happens to all of us. If it's TDM you can leave and rejoin and that usually fixes it, but in quick play you obviously can't rejoin. Hitreg has felt messy to me since I started playing on release, but it feels like it might be getting worse. Today I had a lot of weird input lag and times where my weapon, melee or ranged, went into an enemy but didn't do anything, despite being at 40 ping. The shields blocking attacks from behind happens in single player too, I think, but my friends and I all have encountered it, it's particularly common in captain mode when you're attacking a shield wall from the rear and are on a horse moving quickly.

Yeah I don't think the devs realise how present of an issue this registration thing is. It's been so god awful this week that I get on play a few skirmish rounds have entire swings/throws go through enemies get off and stop playing. Maybe its not an issue on EU and Asia servers so they don't witness it but its game ruining for NA multiplayer and maybe they should consider a different server provider in Chicago or something. It wasn't like this before so I have no clue whats going on with the server company maybe its traffic/ corona related and will go away, maybe it won't. Either way people are leaving NA multiplayer because of this and the devs/QA are silent and I don't believe have been forwarded this issue so it's becoming massively frustrating that I'm fighting for free to help their game which makes them $ and they wont even take it seriously, and I'm not even some complete amateur when it comes to this stuff I've been on many mod teams across many games and I'm not just talking out of my ass.

Tired of throwing weapons clearly going through enemies on NA servers 50% of the time. Done playing this until update adresses the NA servers and this issue its fricken ridiculous and its not fun anymore because of how bad the registration is. Reminder that this wasn't an issue the first couple weeks so what happened...

Back
Top Bottom