Multiplayer is entirely unrecognizable from warband

Users who are viewing this thread

[QUO
I was a utter noob also but even later in 2016 never even bloody played another type of melee game before, I went in and learned, I did a simple skill figured out the talk key and said in game chat how to melee and people offered to help me, and I learned you should change from auto block to Manuel mouse block and the basics of melee, block, attack, and feinting, I learned how to chamber and holding on my own, and I still can't kick for ****

You had to train 1-2 month daily to get decent, longer to be a little more than slightly above average. They want players, not toxic elite laughing about newbies. Because they expect a lot of those. People don't have the time or patience to put in that amount of work. There is an absolute overabundance of media activity to entertain them just fine. People are demaning an auto-block. Droves of people. And you want to increase the stress level while MPing. Yea right.

M&B was a niche game. No one I asked knew the game, even in 2019. They want to sell the game as well as offer a great experience. When I battle in MP now I just smile. It's nowhere near easy. It's chaos. But still managable. When I put in 2 days a 2-4 hours a week, I put up a decent fight, not that I rule the server ofc, but it's enough to be fun.

Come admit you're too lazy to try and adjust :grin: And your pride is a little violated because you're not hyperowning the unsuspecting noobs. WB was highly attractive for scriptkiddies botting their feign spams just for the heck of it.

1. Ive already adjusted and am doing quite well in BL but thats not the point of this post. The point of the *original post* was missing gamemodes/features from MP but you zeroed in on feints because i guess youre insecure about it???

You had to train 1-2 month daily to get decent, longer to be a little more than slightly above average. They want players, not toxic elite laughing about newbies. Because they expect a lot of those.

there is no toxic elite dude. the "elite" as you call them, are often the ones organizing clan events, creating servers, and much more all for free for the community to use. You yourself have admitted to not knowing the first thing about MP in a previous post and you say we are toxic??

there is no toxic elite dude. the "elite" as you call them, are often the ones organizing clan events, creating servers, and much more all for free for the community to use. You yourself have admitted to not knowing the first thing about MP in a previous post and you say we are toxic??
If someone is better than him, they are part of the TOXIC ELITE. It doesn't matter if they contribute more to the community than he does, they are TOXIC.

1. Ive already adjusted and am doing quite well in BL but thats not the point of this post. The point of the *original post* was missing gamemodes/features from MP but you zeroed in on feints because i guess youre insecure about it???

Nah, they were just annoying. High stress level. Ultra high. That's not fun. I actually didn't enjoy going into MP. I went because I'm too proud to be cut down THAT easily, and called noob and what not in that intensity. And that's what I call toxicity. That's where I stand at, and you can say whatever you want. MP is fun now and it's not easy at all. Just different with slightly lower stress level. People tell me they want the auto-block (which I actually can't understand) because they've gotten old and their reaction time is down. Didn't expect anyone to admit this to me. And then it was so many ppl saying that actually here and on Steam. And how do you expect those ppl to ever contemplate logging into MP?

You had to train 1-2 month daily to get decent, longer to be a little more than slightly above average. They want players, not toxic elite laughing about newbies. Because they expect a lot of those. People don't have the time or patience to put in that amount of work. There is an absolute overabundance of media activity to entertain them just fine. People are demaning an auto-block. Droves of people. And you want to increase the stress level while MPing. Yea right.

M&B was a niche game. No one I asked knew the game, even in 2019. They want to sell the game as well as offer a great experience. When I battle in MP now I just smile. It's nowhere near easy. It's chaos. But still managable. When I put in 2 days a 2-4 hours a week, I put up a decent fight, not that I rule the server ofc, but it's enough to be fun.

I played about twice or 3 times a week for about 6 hours a week, it toke about 3 months to learn the basics, but I seen other players kick myna

Nah, they were just annoying. High stress level. Ultra high. That's not fun. I actually didn't enjoy going into MP. I went because I'm too proud to be cut down THAT easily, and called noob and what not in that intensity. And that's what I call toxicity. That's where I stand at, and you can say whatever you want. MP is fun now and it's not easy at all. Just different with slightly lower stress level. People tell me they want the auto-block (which I actually can't understand) because they've gotten old and their reaction time is down. Didn't expect anyone to admit this to me. And then it was so many ppl saying that actually here and on Steam. And how do you expect those ppl to ever contemplate logging into MP?

autoblock was never a MP feature it was singleplayer only. And you will get tryhards in ANY GAME no matter what. You are saying your "too proud" to be driven off multiplayer from people that are better than you but then also support lowering the skill ceiling by removing combat tactics?? That makes no sense. This game isnt supposed to be stressfull, its casual. The only time im ever stressed out playing this game is during a comp event. Not trying to be a jerk here but that seems more of a you problem that shouldnt be forced on the community. Also this problem of "elite players vs casuals" will be fixed until private servers are introduced. until then both groups will have to manage as best they can

autoblock was never a MP feature it was singleplayer only. And you will get tryhards in ANY GAME no matter what. You are saying your "too proud" to be driven off multiplayer from people that are better than you but then also support lowering the skill ceiling by removing combat tactics?? That makes no sense. This game isnt supposed to be stressfull, its casual. The only time im ever stressed out playing this game is during a comp event. Not trying to be a jerk here but that seems more of a you problem that shouldnt be forced on the community. Also this problem of "elite players vs casuals" will be fixed until private servers are introduced. until then both groups will have to manage as best they can

You can stop twisting words now. I said it was too stressfull. Not fun, but only aggression that kept me at it. That's why I don't support the WB combat style. Say what you want.

You can stop twisting words now. I said it was too stressfull. Not fun, but only aggression that kept me at it. That's why I don't support the WB combat style. Say what you want.

and i said thats a you problem. i didnt twist any words here. You have said you support removing combat tactics that are "too stressful" for you, therefore you support lowering the skill ceiling.

and i said thats a you problem. i didnt twist any words here. You have said you support removing combat tactics that are "too stressful" for you, therefore you support lowering the skill ceiling.

That's your spin. Fine, spin it. For me using auto-block even in SP is also heresy. Had to accept it, because ppl said they other can't play the game. Well then. I can look up the thread for you if you want.

The skill ceiling is incredibly low in bannerlord that any warband player worth their salt is doing some insane pub stomping. I think most of the people that have qualms with bannerlord are also incredibly good at bannerlord as well as warband

The skill ceiling is incredibly low in bannerlord that any warband player worth their salt is doing some insane pub stomping. I think most of the people that have qualms with bannerlord are also incredibly good at bannerlord as well as warband

ive noticed theirs 4-5 guys on each team with 40-50+kills, then a massive drop off into the 20s in the lower ranks

Another typical lynching on the multiplayer forums for liking Bannerlord and disliking Warband.

Join my side of disliking both Warband and Bannerlord's combat and multiplayer, and then they can't say anything to you. You will be untouchable.

ive noticed theirs 4-5 guys on each team with 40-50+kills, then a massive drop off into the 20s in the lower ranks

These "4-5 guys" are mostly cav riding and voiping with friends. Well, I also wrote a thread about that, that I want an auto-match which doesn't take into account Steam friends. Well... we're all not gonna get 100% of what we want.

These "4-5 guys" are mostly cav riding and voiping with friends. Well, I also wrote a thread about that, that I want an auto-match which doesn't take into account Steam friends. Well... we're all not gonna get 100% of what we want.
It’s mostly infantry I think... my best streak of 70-4 was with menavlion because it’s so spammy

typical toxic elite, playing cav with their friends. How dare they!!

Tbh I’m not convinced the game has to go back to how it was in most ways. Like, it’s not feints that I feel like I’m missing. I’m missing the feedback and control that I had in WB. Consistent and identifying sound effects from swings, blocks, footsteps, chambers, bounced or weak hits.

And then there’s the weird changes to staggering and how much damage it requires, how fast you can change your movement direction, etc.

For things like that, as well as not just having a flat delay for swinging after blocking and changing your block direction. It just all seems so unnecessary to change from what worked so well.

Back
Top Bottom