Multiplayer autoblock

Users who are viewing this thread

Plenty of players have mistaken the game's "Active Block" for auto-blocking:

It pretty much is an auto-block feature, just not as much as the SP's auto-block.

There's also another feature in the game's mechanics that lets you block two directions at the same time (which looks like and pretty much is some kind of auto-blocking feature):

"He said the right swing was blocked because (even though he made an up block before the block was successful) the previous left block animation hadn't fully blended away, so it was still active, and the player was able to block both right swings and overheads at the same time (presumably while still holding RMB) no matter where the blade was."

It's also possible to be holding the "wrong" block direction but be holding it at a certain angle towards the attack so that it successfully blocks anyway.

I remember in Warband you could select "Auto" for block direction in the menu options, but it wouldn't actually employ the SP's fully-fledged auto-blocking if you were playing in the MP, and it didn't say "for SP only" back then either.

You might be right, though, for all I know.

I haven't been playing recently (like many others) and I never switched to auto-block in the options, even for SP.

If it's the case that it was there in MP, it might have just slipped through as a mistake. Although, I wouldn't put it past TW to silently test dumb ways to supposedy improve the experience for new players.

Probably most didnt know this , but yes autoblocked worked in multiplayer since start. All you had to do was to install Autoblock Mod for Singleplayer and for some reason it automatically worked for multiplayer as well . We tested it and it was working but it was just so obvious.

Me Axder and few more tested it and it was reported like year ago but no idea if they fixed it or changed it.

Probably most didnt know this , but yes autoblocked worked in multiplayer since start. All you had to do was to install Autoblock Mod for Singleplayer and for some reason it automatically worked for multiplayer as well . We tested it and it was working but it was just so obvious.

Me Axder and few more tested it and it was reported like year ago but no idea if they fixed it or changed it.

Ah I see, that is why u are so hard to beat…😄

Jk, thanks for the enlightenment, didn’t know this as well.

Seems they fixed it TW style and just implemented it as intended design, makes totally sense.

So they made it a feature because they were too lazy to fix a bug? Now that's a funny story and tbh 100% believeable

Quite interesting, luckily it would be very obvious if anyone was to use it in Multiplayer :razz:

TW should give us back the Auto-block function. And the Auto-kick too. They have also taken away my Auto-Head-Shot with archers. I want it back. The Auto-see-thru-walls also, give it!

So they made it a feature because they were too lazy to fix a bug? Now that's a funny story and tbh 100% believeable

dd0.png

Back
Top Bottom