Autoblock spreading on MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I'm a big siege enjoyer since it's p-much the only server i can play on due to ping issues. But i've been witnessing a few autoblockers (I think) lately. I am worried it starts to spread more and more.
Here's a clip of what I think is an autoblock. What do you guys think? Am i mistaken?

I ain't no snitch but I'd rather have my favorite game kept clean of any scum.
Cheers

If you time your block perfectly, even if it's a left/right block against an up attack then it will still block it I believe. It could be desync.

That example didn't look that unrealistic, they copped an early hit, blocked a couple non-feinting attacks and then died pretty quickly so I'm not really convinced that person was auto-blocking.

Autoblock would match the direction, this just looks like the issue of large weapons blocking with the 'wrong' direction far too easily just due to blocking being based on collisions. I've seen noobs block with the wrong direction several times in a row with their big 2 handers.

There's no blocking a swing with the wrong direction in this game, it can only be a missdisplay due to desync. And seeing a player who looks very new in his movement, attacks, p-much everything other than blocking then reads blocks from 3+ inputs seems a bit off :unsure:

Pretty hard to judge imo.
I am no expert, but from what i see it def looks quite fast the way he is blocking, although he could have easily been panicking.
The fact that he has a wrong block but it blocks anyways i think is a game issue, i've seen it happen multiple times playing with friends.
Not sure why it does that, my idea is that it's also due to ground difference, since i've seen multiple times people blocking cav's down trhusts with upper blocks.
Seems overall not autoblocking though

This isn't autoblock. It is a feature brought into the game by TW where blocking left/right/down also blocks upper attacks.

There's no blocking a swing with the wrong direction in this game

Sadly there is, due to it being physics based as long as the weapon is in blocking animation and makes collision with a active weapon before it hits their body, it'll be considered a block.

Left/Right spam with a large weapon is often more effective than even trying to block in the correct direction for a newer player, though that initial up block to left/right did look a little autoblocky.

This isn't autoblock. It is a feature brought into the game by TW where blocking left/right/down also blocks upper attacks.
This is terrible for this game. When it came out in beta nobody would block upper attacks. I think everyone should turn down looking up/down sensitivity in the options to make up blocking easier.

Sadly there is, due to it being physics based as long as the weapon is in blocking animation and makes collision with a active weapon before it hits their body, it'll be considered a block.

Left/Right spam with a large weapon is often more effective than even trying to block in the correct direction for a newer player, though that initial up block to left/right did look a little autoblocky.
What the ****. In my 400hours i never noticed or it never happened to me, everytime i missblocked with a side block I got hit

There's no blocking a swing with the wrong direction in this game

The weird thing is that it doesn't even look like the weapons need to collide for it to happen. So, it's not realistic, it's not skill-based, and it looks suspiciously glitchy.

I saw an autoblocker way long ago and he got banned, they're usually very obvious though, the blocking looks very robotic. From just this clip to me it seems like he's just spamming block, not that the autoblocker is blocking at perfect timing. But next time try to record more of his gameplay from his perspective so that it becomes more obvious if someone is cheating or not I'd say. In bannerlord this cheat looks very clearly a cheat, I mean it's fairly distinguished from the good players that play the game. I'd be more worried about auto-aim than auto-block since the first would maybe be harder to spot while playing

Back
Top Bottom