MP is dying already -- this is bad for your business guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

You're wrong. Most people dislike the new class system and TW knows. This has been an issue since Alpha and beta with multiple threads like this showing that 75% would rather see warbands class system back. TW said that the class system is here to stay no matter what. Mods might be able to give us more customization later on when they're released, but the core game won't change.

You're wrong. Most people dislike the new class system and TW knows. This has been an issue since Alpha and beta with multiple threads like this showing that 75% would rather see warbands class system back. TW said that the class system is here to stay no matter what. Mods might be able to give us more customization later on when they're released, but the core game won't change.
i dont think the class system is necessarily the thing that kills mp

That's why it's our wish, and also a possibility, to add another game mode without classes. The class system can stay, but there is ample room for options as well - such as classless game modes.

If they make on exception alot of people will stop playing the other gamemodes what eventually leads to them dying due to a low playerbase. This would then force TW to either delete the gamemode/remove the customization or give in and completly change the class system even though they don't want to. Therefore very unlikely that this happens.

If they make on exception alot of people will stop playing the other gamemodes what eventually leads to them dying due to a low playerbase. This would then force TW to either delete the gamemode/remove the customization or give in and completly change the class system even though they don't want to. Therefore very unlikely that this happens.

It is best for everyone if TW uses both systems.

The Class system has its uses, such as for new comers wanting to learn and play the game. They're put on "the same level" as other players, and easily then gain experience to become better. Great for quickly jumping in and out out the game.

A game mode with customization and progression allows any player that has learnt the basics a different experience, for those who wants a different type of fun, where they earn their own gold and buy their own equipment, being their own character in the game and playing a game mode that provides a greater challenge, more variety and personal freedom.

It is obvious the former is better for new comers and the latter is what makes people stay long term and play - how they even make a name for themselves in game. Having both options is the absolute best decision that could ever be made.

A lot of people would still play Captains Mode and everything else, simply because they are one kind of experience and gameplay, and progression with customization is another. You play different modes for different ends, you understand me? This will not split the player base, rather make it thrive. I hope you can see what I mean - there was never any issue for example that we had Siege and Battle in Native, it made it BETTER - because now people could play what they wanted, and even switch it up! Both very strong fundamentals to keep a game fresh and fun.

Some of the people mention that there is nothing to play for, like no ranks and so on. This is not entirely true, because there are some fancy badges that we can grind for. I find it really cool to grind for the 250 and 500 wins badges,

With regard to the siege server, it is outrageous that there is not an EU or NA siege server. Some say that it needs more funding but what the ****? Is money the problem here, seriously? If money is the problem then we got scammed because we already paid for this game.

If money is not the problem, then perhaps they are still working on setting up servers? I have no idea about how this works but in my opinion this is a big let down.

If there was an EU or NA siege server, more people would report bugs and things might progress faster from there. Anyways, Taleworlds might as well host a Siege server in the north or south pole if this is the way we are going with siege. I hope this will be improved soon lol

A fun game is what will retain players, not endless grind for a john wick skin and badges.

A fun game will retain niche communities that dedicate their time to the certain game. The problem is, there are countless fun games out there. Lore-friendly skins give goals, that are being achieved while playing the said fun game. It adds nothing but variety in an otherwise dull looking game. If its cosmetic, it's not grind because it's a goal set only by you, it serves no other purpose other than providing visual variety which has nothing to do with game mechanics. Plus, people love customization in general. There are no downsides to having unlockable-through-gameplay visuals.

A fun game will retain niche communities that dedicate their time to the certain game. The problem is, there are countless fun games out there. Lore-friendly skins give goals, that are being achieved while playing the said fun game. It adds nothing but variety in an otherwise dull looking game. If its cosmetic, it's not grind because it's a goal set only by you, it serves no other purpose other than providing visual variety which has nothing to do with game mechanics. Plus, people love customization in general. There are no downsides to having unlockable-through-gameplay visuals.

Except mount and blade multiplayer has never been a game about lore or cosmetics. It's been about the gameplay, that and the community is what kept it alive for so many years, not some badges and cosmetics.

The problem is not the skins and cosmetics, the problem is if taleworlds think constant skins and achievements is going to keep the playerbase alive.
This is not what mount and blade was ever about, it was about big battles and events organized by communities, which they are completely lacking in bannerlord right now.

Except mount and blade multiplayer has never been a game about lore or cosmetics. It's been about the gameplay, that and the community is what kept it alive for so many years, not some badges and cosmetics.

The problem is not the skins and cosmetics, the problem is if taleworlds think constant skins and achievements is going to keep the playerbase alive.
This is not what mount and blade was ever about, it was about big battles and events organized by communities, which they are completely lacking in bannerlord right now.

That does not mean you cannot have both. Lore-friendly implies medieval armors and not pink unicorn armors, I did not say about the game being centered around its fiction. Games who have cosmetics and badges are not about them, they are fun side-content. Just because they will exist, it does not mean it's the game's main attraction. I would love to have fun goals since there is a matchmaking and levels once the game settles down on balance and combat.

for you maybe... I only played infantry melee only servers, scrims and tournaments when i bothered to keep the weekend free for the game.

edit: Cosmetics are great in mordhau, obv they need to improve the combat.

That does not mean you cannot have both. Lore-friendly implies medieval armors and not pink unicorn armors, I did not say about the game being centered around its fiction. Games who have cosmetics and badges are not about them, they are fun side-content. Just because they will exist, it does not mean it's the game's main attraction. I would love to have fun goals since there is a matchmaking and levels once the game settles down on balance and combat.
I know what you mean, but you have to consider how the developers see it. It seems to me they believe the substance to keep playing multiplayer will not be gameplay but unlocking things with skins. It's been hinted way early in the beta that they had plans for skins. Meaning this has been on their mind from the start which makes me wonder if they are considering making this a big part of the multiplayer.

If that's how they believe they will keep the playerbase from playing, they are completely wrong.

for you maybe... I only played infantry melee only servers, scrims and tournaments when i bothered to keep the weekend free for the game.

edit: Cosmetics are great in mordhau, obv they need to improve the combat.
Inf only server? Most of my time playing for me was deathmatch and it was hella fun in warband. The class system is without doubt going to destroy deathmatch as a gamemode.

I know what you mean, but you have to consider how the developers see it. It seems to me they believe the substance to keep playing multiplayer will not be gameplay but unlocking things with skins. It's been hinted way early in the beta that they had plans for skins. Meaning this has been on their mind from the start which makes me wonder if they are considering making this a big part of the multiplayer.

If that's how they believe they will keep the playerbase from playing, they are completely wrong.

I believe you are looking at this from a too close mind. I do not think the developers are so clueless to believe that a bad game will have a population just because it has good skins. If skins were founded in the code of the game that's understandable because the code needs to be worked early on to support it. People love to customize, that's just a fact. You can see this in warband's multiplayer mods. C-rpg, mercenaries, even people on PW created faction-specific armor texture packs, hair packs etc. Visual variety is always good, and if it's just a skin then it has no impact on the gameplay, so it's easier. As long as it remains a fun goal and its achievable by playing and not paying, I fully support it. Oh, and lore friendly. No pink armor bull**** please.

Inf only server? Most of my time playing for me was deathmatch and it was hella fun in warband. The class system is without doubt going to destroy deathmatch as a gamemode.
groupfighting server

I believe you are looking at this from a too close mind. I do not think the developers are so clueless to believe that a bad game will have a population just because it has good skins. If skins were founded in the code of the game that's understandable because the code needs to be worked early on to support it. People love to customize, that's just a fact. You can see this in warband's multiplayer mods. C-rpg, mercenaries, even people on PW created faction-specific armor texture packs, hair packs etc. Visual variety is always good, and if it's just a skin then it has no impact on the gameplay, so it's easier. As long as it remains a fun goal and its achievable by playing and not paying, I fully support it. Oh, and lore friendly. No pink armor bull**** please.
the marketing/sales apartment thinks like this though

Back
Top Bottom