Mouse and Sword: Noob sensivity

Users who are viewing this thread

Moth_Queen

Recruit
Ok now I am kind of lost here.

There are four kinds of info on the matter:

1. Very low sensivity, wich allows extra precision, stable camera movement, and also better and more sustainable blocking.
2. Very hight sensivity, wich helps drag the mouse to hit the target at the very beginning of the effective attack animation.
3. Out of control sensivity for 360° noscope double backflip power slashes, assuming blocking is for cowards.
4. Low sensivity, but with mega long mouse pad to wag it around like there is no tomorrow.
5. Gaming mouse with automatic sensivity change to match every type of encounter on the go.

I presume the cheesy turncap abuse and fullswing no-clipping feints are here to stay (as no one seems to be bothered), I'd need a clear vision on what is the optimal way of learning.

So, hight sensivity or low sensivity?

Please, elaborate and be honest.

I think you want your dpi at 1000 or higher for melee in most cases, but for archery 4-500 or so (with default in game settings). If you go much lower than 1000 your going to miss blocks IMO. I know someone who keeps his dpi at 3800 and mostly plays cav, which seems too high to me, but he's comfortable with it. I also know someone who plays mainly archer and toggles his dpi from 400 (for archery) to 1200 (for melee/dueling). There is a point where setting your dpi any higher than a certain number (I'm not sure what that point is in this game) isn't very beneficial (you can't turn any faster than the game will allow etc..).

For inf I like low sensitivity because you can block without turning your camera that much and it helps for more stable directional blocking.(900dpi)

But I'm a cav main and I prefer medium sensitivity on horseback. It's not so high that so I can't twitch my camera 360 with one turn but enough for cav duels and slow enough that I won't miss my inf target.(2300dpi, I constantly try new dpi settings but it's always around that)

I have this button on my mouse that switches DPI so I change it according to what class I'm playing.

OC your mouse and alter the standard windows settings. Lower DPI sucks. As archer you need flicking but this is useful for throwing weapons too. And turning around if someone is behind you is not unimportant either. You can manage so with a large mousepad buts its slower nonetheless, not to mention how frustrating it is. Once you practise with high sensitivity you will manage accurate flicks

Edit: I just thought about 2h turncap situations and lower DPI might not be a bad idea since this is reason to get killed many times. Devs have no intention of changing this as far as Iknow so might not be a bad idea. I guess its about weighing the options and choosing what best suits your playstyle.

Last edited:
It comes down to preference. I personally have fairly low sensitivity. I believe altering it just for the sake of pulling off some tricks you see others do is a horrible idea. Find what you can play with and stick to it.

I play at default settings from bannerlord and I have 800 DPI on my mouse.Makes it easy to shoot and block but you may be too slow to turn in some situations.You can land attacks very accurately.But I think people should use 800 or 1600 DPI to be competitive anything faster is bad in my opinion.

I’m probably the most inconstant player so everything I say is correct. My dpi is set to 2500 and in game sensitivity is about 0.45, to help with more consistent blocks I do try doing a small manual block warmup with as little mouse movement as possible which I find helps, especially when coming from playing different games. I find these settings work good for archer too

Back
Top Bottom