Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armaury said:
Screenshot on facebook ! :shock:
18880079_1682683701760955_849671201036076238_o.jpg
At last, Banners! Still, I think they need a little more work on banners.

kalarhan said:
mike.oconnor96 said:
All you forum people are always asking for multiplayer, but let's face it, the vast majority of people play M&B for its single player

E3 demo is not for M&B old players, is for the next generation. If they believe they can sell 3million copies for MP and e-sports or whatever, then they will showcase that. Lets not be naive and expect them to focus on the smaller and old community  :mrgreen:

You joking right? To make a game into an e-sport, like, to be positive it'll catch, requires extensive testing with people, potential pros and the interest from both player-base to watch, and organizations to participate. Saying this game will be made to cater to e-sports is like saying potatoes are meat...  :facepalm:

The potential e-sport for this genre will be Mordhau, and even though it is being made specifically to explore player-skill instead of gimmicks, it isn't considered an e-sport game as of yet, and the devs, although intending to make it so, are not developing it under guarantees that it'll become one...

Besides, M&B combat system was innovative, but never good considering the general panorama of it...

Taleworlds words sound like they will be present at E3 next year :dead:, like if Bannerlord will not be released until that time...  :neutral:

So they will let play battles to reporters, so battle, sieges are almost finished, but no much news about campaign and general features.

Armaury said:
Taleworlds words sound like they will be present at E3 next year :dead:, like if Bannerlord will not be released until that time...  :neutral:

So they will let play battles to reporters, so battle, sieges are almost finished, but no much news about campaign and general features.

This. The fact that the demo apparently only let them play battles (which actually is something that can hardly amaze us already) and not campaign means that the game is far away from completion.

SO....
"Putting the game in the hands of players represents another major milestone as we work towards a release."

Clearely when Lust said "We want to get the game to the hands of fans in some form before the end of the year" back in 2016 he meant a playable version of it on a game conference... They have done that now, even if late at that. I wouldn't expect an actual release this year.

BTW, Nice wording... makes us believe in a beta release when the actual target was just a demo on E3.
I could be wrong.

VictorF said:
SO....
"Putting the game in the hands of players represents another major milestone as we work towards a release."

Clearely when Lust said "We want to get the game to the hands of fans in some form before the end of the year" back in 2016 he meant a playable version of it on a game conference... They have done that now, even if late at that. I wouldn't expect an actual release this year.

BTW, Nice wording... makes us believe in a beta release when the actual target was just a demo on E3.
I could be wrong.

Well, **** this. I lost all hope.

It's safe to bet they are late even for their most pessimistic previsions. Well, **** happens.... But I guess some honesty about it would be nice. Fancy wording doesn't really cut it anymore.

“We are excited to see how attendees react to playing Bannerlord and receive feedback on the game. Putting the game in the hands of players represents another major milestone as we work towards a release."
So we got screwed...

Gab-AG. said:
argon45 said:
Balexander said:
"https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/169"
"Look forward to our videos that will come out during E3" "Multiple gameplay videos will be shared during the event"

Well...

Guess they'll just be like "Here are some videos so you're happy, see y'all next year boys!".
Actually they said the same thing last year at E3. And, you know the rest; they just showed a trailer and extended version of that trailer. Here is your "multiple videos". I think same thing gonna happen this year too. Btw, banners look good but something still looks strange, troops not holding that banners.

Eh, pessimism aside, I'm interested to see the actual battles playing out. We haven't really see the system they have for it, last time they awkwardly waaaagh-ed across the map and piled up together all the units. Hopefully someone will take the demo on proper ride, see if warriors remain in formations, test out cavalry charge, AI behaviour and all that jazz.

Also, is it only me, or does that screenie show some huge difference between horse sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom