Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Turco said:
5QRrnq.png

So what? You're gonna see that pretty darn often in Bannerlord. It's very hard to avoid that when such a variety of models is involved, and they can't do much about it.

Either that, or you're gonna have to make a single custom animation for every model in the game, to make sure it doesn't clip. But that takes an enormous amount of time, not needed.

I noticed it too El Turco, there is many cliping in Bannerlord for what i've seen, more than in Warband ? Indeed Bannerlord is graphicaly more complex, why have so nice models if  it is to have so many clipping.

And i don't think it's such a difficult problem to resolve like Gab-AG  says (but maybe he is right i'm not an exppert) but it is probably not their main focus at the moment and they will have many years after release to polish the game.

Armaury said:
I noticed it too El Turco, there is many cliping in Bannerlord for what i've seen, more than in Warband ? Indeed Bannerlord is graphicaly more complex, why have so nice models if  it is to have so many clipping.

And i don't think it's such a difficult problem to resolve like Gab-AG  says (but maybe he is right i'm not an exppert) but it is probably not their main focus at the moment and they will have many years after release to polish the game.

Clipping is a non-issue imo. It's easy to get over it. Have you played warband ? It's a clipping ****-fest. Especially with mods. That never was a problem.

We have banners, but like the rest of you said, it looks like it is far from finished, and we got screwed by wise wording... The more things go on, the less I trust them, and the more I see them as charlatans, playing with words. I really hope this is some kind of depression from waiting for too long, and that we see everything in black, and the game will actually come out this year, but I doubt of it more and more.

I'd buy the game anyway, though.

Armaury said:

I'm not an expert either, but let me try to explain myself. As far as I know, it works like this:

You get your 3d model and you create a running animation. It works perfectly. You plan to use that same animation for every model in the game. For example, a character wearing a leather jerkin (which is a mesh per se if I'm not wrong) and a character wearing a hauberk will use the same running animation, however the models will be different.

Now, let's say the animation looks good with the leather jerkin, no problem at all. When you switch model to the hauberk, however, you notice that the model's a bit bigger than the jerkin, so the character's sword slightly clips through the mail.

Very common problem. How to solve it? Well, you'd have to make a new animation for the hauberk and so on, for pretty much every armor piece/weapon in the game, to make sure it doesn't clip. That would take a huge amount of time which is pretty much unnecessary.

Besides, if the animations were different for every piece of armour, then the combat would not be that skill based anymore since combat animations wouldn't be the same for everybody either.

This is how I think it works, again I'm not a professional, I just make 3d models in the spare time. If anyone's more experienced  please correct  me if I'm wrong.

DaciaJC said:
Yaga said:
Why no birds soaring over the battlefield?  :sad:

e317_bl_announcement_screenshot.jpg

They were all shot down by archers prior to the battle, clearly. Do you know how annoying it is to clean bird **** from chain mail, lemme tell ya ...
Hungry archers? Archers need to feed before the battle, not to think about food  :smile:
=====

Jostino said:
Yaga said:
Why no birds soaring over the battlefield?  :sad:

e317_bl_announcement_screenshot.jpg
Because nobody is dead yet. :lol:
Probably need to wait a bit  :smile:

argon45 said:
Balexander said:
"https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/169"
"Look forward to our videos that will come out during E3" "Multiple gameplay videos will be shared during the event"

Well...

Heard that one before. Define multiple.  But, I shouldn't complain, it's info.

As someone has said in previous comments, it would actually be pretty cool to have birds flying around. Imagine crows flying in circles around the battlefield and landing to feed on corpses as the battle rages on.

Plovercrest said:
"Multiple" - a number which can be less than, equal to, or greater than one.  We got "multiple" videos, as promised.....and it wasn't even less than one.

Since the game wasn't officially announced at E3, and there wasn't even a "nearly working" demo that was available for public scrutiny, my assumption is that the game won't release until next year at the earliest.  Even an expected 4th quarter 2017 release would likely merit more than a short video at E3.  At this point, I'm HOPING for a 2018 release, not 2019.

Apparently the transition from a small dedicated team to a larger studio of "professionals" hasn't gone as well as expected.  My un-edjumacated guess is that the more people they add, the more effort is spent in trying to organize and direct the unruly mob of "creative" individuals than in actually developing the game.  I'm reminded of the phrase: "herding cats".

My other expectation will be that "Bonerlord" would be the obvious title for the first "adult" mod for the game.

Honved said:
Plovercrest said:
"Multiple" - a number which can be less than, equal to, or greater than one.  We got "multiple" videos, as promised.....and it wasn't even less than one.

Where did you pull that definition from? Multiple means more than one, that's it. Equal to one is not multiple, neither is less than one.
Otherwise we could say I have multiple copies of Bannerlord, or that I have multiple noses.

Honved said:
Apparently the transition from a small dedicated team to a larger studio of "professionals" hasn't gone as well as expected.  My un-edjumacated guess is that the more people they add, the more effort is spent in trying to organize and direct the unruly mob of "creative" individuals than in actually developing the game.  I'm reminded of the phrase: "herding cats".

You remind me of the bit at 1.40-

Honved said:
Plovercrest said:

Since the game wasn't officially announced at E3, and there wasn't even a "nearly working" demo that was available for public scrutiny, my assumption is that the game won't release until next year at the earliest.  Even an expected 4th quarter 2017 release would likely merit more than a short video at E3.  At this point, I'm HOPING for a 2018 release, not 2019.

My other expectation will be that "Bonerlord" would be the obvious title for the first "adult" mod for the game.

"Multiple" - consisting of, including, or involving more than one.

Yabloko said:
As someone has said in previous comments, it would actually be pretty cool to have birds flying around. Imagine crows flying in circles around the battlefield and landing to feed on corpses as the battle rages on.

I think it would take some time for crows to scavange in the aftermath of a battle. As a carrion bird they are vultures that are attracted to the scent of death. It would be cooler it you could stumble across looters actually looting the 'Xs' that mark the place of battle in mount & blade, that way you can fight them amongst the crows and corpses of a large battle.

It's not like carrions are going to descend while the battle still takes place or shortly after to feed on the corpses.

I mean, we still got tactics, formations, siege engines, poses and, last but not least,  banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom