Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plovercrest said:
TheGreatGold said:
Reus said:
TheGreatGold said:
Last time i checked, there weren't.
Then you need to go check your sources before you throw incorrect claims around.

Have another look.
https://ask.fm/captainoflust
Not much imo. But this one:
Hi Frank, will there be a good optimization, for example: I can play on gt 500 or 600 Series with 60 fps? Sorry for my english)

We can't really make promises about this right now but to maintain a steady 60 in large battles, you wouldn't be playing on higher settings probably
GT 500-600 and 60 fps in large battles? Did he mean GTX or is the bannerlord engine THAT optimized?

Questions like that make no sense.

What CPU are you using?
What graphic settings are you using?
What resolution are you running the game at?
ur fat

DrunkPeasant said:
Plovercrest said:
TheGreatGold said:
Reus said:
TheGreatGold said:
Then you need to go check your sources before you throw incorrect claims around.

Have another look.
Hi Frank, will there be a good optimization, for example: I can play on gt 500 or 600 Series with 60 fps? Sorry for my english)

We can't really make promises about this right now but to maintain a steady 60 in large battles, you wouldn't be playing on higher settings probably
GT 500-600 and 60 fps in large battles? Did he mean GTX or is the bannerlord engine THAT optimized?

What CPU are you using?
ur fat
Get sober.

Warband runs pretty badly with a GT 6**. And for Bannerlord.. High settings (or anything better than the worst) with 60 FPS on large battles is more than just unlikely. I frankly dont understand why you wouldnt just give a clear "No." as an answer.

TheGreatGold said:
DrunkPeasant said:
Plovercrest said:
TheGreatGold said:
Reus said:
TheGreatGold said:

Have another look.

What CPU are you using?
ur fat
Get sober.
when bannerlord comes out

Stay on topic people.

Reus is right about what he says in his posts..

And remember... If there is nothing to talk about because of the lack of information/willpower to speculate about features and discuss them, then don't post. Simple as that.

Nobody here as far as I know has invested capital in TW or has any financial ties with them as to demand information the way it's been happening. We all are but potential customers.. Nothing more.

The game is being developed. It will be released when the development cycle is done. (Seriously, do you think after the years of investment on technology, manpower and all the costs associated with running the biggest digital studio in Turkey they will decide to simply cancel the core source of revenue which will compensate for all that?  :facepalm:)

Information will be released when TW decides to do so according to their own plans and strategies whether we like it or not and there's no amount of whining or demanding that can or will change that

Just relax, post about Ask.FM questions, features, factions, or don't post at all.

DrunkPeasant said:
But why is it so difficult for Taleworlds to release a blog? Or atleast a brief video of them testing their game?
947be8d541c14b11bde182644e730160.png

Looter said:
Tw must regrettably ban Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Lee, and Captain Lust in accordance with the rules regarding pirate captains. Thank god im not a river pirate anymore.

Excuse me sir but I have a Letter of Marque from the Governor of Jamaica himself!

Produce this letter before the council, you have been given a stay of execution for thirty seconds before you must perish.

Here is question to satisfy Count Delinard's Honor:
Are there books in bannerlord like in warband that boost certain party stats or allow you to read them and gain them? I don't recall seeing any in bannerlord, though it might have just not been important enough to showcase. Also regarding the camp here feature as we know it in warband, will it be expanded in bannerlord? As in us being allowed to fortify a position, like how in fire and sword you can create a wagon caravan.

Reus said:
DrunkPeasant said:
But why is it so difficult for Taleworlds to release a blog? Or atleast a brief video of them testing their game?

So broad and varied that the part where he tells the community about how development is going barely ever happens.

Maybe it's time for them to effectively prioritize what a community manager should be doing.

Kaiji said:
Reus said:
DrunkPeasant said:

So broad and varied that the part where he tells the community about how development is going barely ever happens.

Maybe it's time for them to effectively prioritize what a community manager should be doing.

"How much information we reveal is a concious decision"

What part of that don't you understand? Its not his job that's the problem. They're choosing not to release information. Nothing wrong there.

Kaiji said:

If your job was to refill the popcorn machines at the local cinema, would you continue to fill them after they were already filled to the top? You would make a conscious decision not to keep filling them, as there is no reason to. Likewise, it's a conscious decision that TaleWorlds is not releasing more information than they already have. However, we might not be aware of the reason. Not the perfect example, but it should suffice. And if you did read the entirety of Lust's answer, you would also know that he actually has a "broad and varied role which covers areas outside of community management". Not certain what that is, or could be, but it does mean that he has other things to do as well. He does work in-house after all, so I'd imagine he does other things on a daily basis than community management.

SirMairaki said:
Kaiji said:
Reus said:
DrunkPeasant said:

"How much information we reveal is a concious decision"

What part of that don't you understand? Its not his job that's the problem. They're choosing not to release information. Nothing wrong there.

At the very least it suggests that something's wrong with development. What reason could they have to be so tightlipped? It's not like we don't know what the game is about.

If they're concerned about discussing features that might not end up in the game, include a clear caveat to that effect and there's no issue.

In all my decades as a gamer I've never seen a company be so brazenly closed off with their community while the majority of the community is absolutely fine with it.

Reus said:
he actually has a "broad and varied role which covers areas outside of community management".

Right. But shouldn't the main part of his job be keeping the community up to date with development news? It seems like it's just about the last thing on his list of priorities.

Kaiji said:
Right. But shouldn't the main part of his job be keeping the community up to date with development news?
Not entirely. I'd imagine his job is to manage the community. That's what he does. His main job is not to provide us with news of everything - it is to make sure everything is going swell on the community pages such as these forums. As far as I'm concerned, his job title is "Community Manager and PR".

Kaiji said:
It seems like it's just about the last thing on his list of priorities.
Did you not see the whole "conscious decision" part? Nonetheless, you can't expect Lust to go out of his way to post news without permission. He probably doesn't control it by himself.

Reus said:
Kaiji said:
It seems like it's just about the last thing on his list of priorities.
Not entirely. I'd imagine his job is to manage the community. That's what he does. His main job is not to provide us with news of everything - it is to make sure everything is going swell on the community pages such as these forums. As far as I'm concerned, his job title is "Community Manager and PR".

Then I'm very surprised that the community is largely content with how it's being managed, because it seems extremely disrespectful and unappreciative from my personal perspective.

Reus said:
Did you not see the whole "conscious decision" part?

No need for condescension. I'm questioning why the conscious decision to impart minimal information regarding the games development has been made.

I've learned over the years that a tightlipped developer is very likely to correlate with a disappointing game, so I will expect Bannerlord to be a letdown until I have a good reason to think otherwise.

Kaiji said:
Then I'm very surprised that the community is largely content with how it's being managed, because it seems extremely disrespectful and unappreciative from my personal perspective.

I can see how you'd think it's disrespectful, but I see two possible reasons for why they may not be saying anything. 1) They want a lot of the features to remain secret, so we can discover them ourselves when we play the game. 2) They have, of course, only a limited amount of information to give, and they are not releasing any of it at the moment, because they want to wait until the weeks prior to the game's release to give us this information.

I do not see it as particularly disrespectful since we have not invested anything at all into Bannerlord up to this point. Maybe the lack of PR is a poor decision on their part, but even so, I do not think it is particularly wrongful to any of their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom