Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the AI is proficient enough to use the Parthian Shot my first faction will be the khergit's predecessors, and I will become the Scourge of God. My yurts will blot out the sun.

Niara said:
no need to talk dirty though.

I was not the one who talked dirty, I just quoted the message. Dont be so sensitive though. Unless you like Khergit/Khuzait. Then you should be sensitive and salty. It would be a very valid reason.

gromchegrom said:
Kabraxis  and Tottel | Guns playing Bannerlord right now.... aaa... I want to join the game , or testing ... or .. idk some form ahh...

so close, but so far away

I wish I'd never discovered the Steam Page and all its information!

AmateurHetman said:
Isn't it against the lore to say sturgians are vaegirs and nords? I thought the sturgians are the first Nordic settlers, whilst the people we know as vaegirs arrived over the mountains separately.

Nope, Sturgians are Vaegirs' ancestors. Nords are not in calradia (yet) in bannerlord. Despite that, Sea raiders in Bannerlord might be the very very first nords. In the gameplay videos, after the battle-report where we can loot, you can see 'Nordic sword' at the drops from the looters.

This was their plan all along, wait long enough with information so that the community would start making up their own lore out of boredom (which they can then use).

MrMundy said:
This was their plan all along, wait long enough with information so that the community would start making up their own lore out of boredom (which they can then use).

I doubt that they had a plan when it comes to lore. Their lore is extremely lackluster. At the very first revealing days it was said Sturgians were 'the' viking faction. In our own mistake, we assumed they would be the first nords from Jumne. TW never said they are. It is really clear if you follow the lore though. Nords were invited in Calradia, BUT:

According to Matheld, the Nords were invited by the Calradic Empire to crew their galleys, and were given land on the coast as payment for this service. After the Empire fell however, a Nord leader named Gundig Hairy-Breeks landed in Calradia to claim a supposed Nord birthright of the whole continent. Matheld makes note that this was a fabrication by the skalds and qualifies it by noting the Nords need no excuse to go to war. Gundig Hairy-Breeks would be killed attempting to attack the Rock of Rivacheg, but Nords still come to Calradia under the idea of claiming Calradia by force.

Sturgian armor seems very RUS inspired (not RUSSIAN like many think, but the first settlers -mainly swedish/danish- who went east). Captain Lust also kind-of confirmed that Sturgians are Vaegir. I bet Nords will either:

1) Be an invading minor faction
2) We see them as Raiders
3) They will invade the game later (Which I doubt)

578 said:
MrMundy said:

I doubt that they had a plan when it comes to lore. Their lore is extremely lackluster. At the very first revealing days it was said Sturgians were 'the' viking faction. In our own mistake, we assumed they would be the first nords from Jumne. TW never said they are. It is really clear if you follow the lore though. Nords were invited in Calradia, BUT:

According to Matheld, the Nords were invited by the Calradic Empire to crew their galleys, and were given land on the coast as payment for this service. After the Empire fell however, a Nord leader named Gundig Hairy-Breeks landed in Calradia to claim a supposed Nord birthright of the whole continent. Matheld makes note that this was a fabrication by the skalds and qualifies it by noting the Nords need no excuse to go to war. Gundig Hairy-Breeks would be killed attempting to attack the Rock of Rivacheg, but Nords still come to Calradia under the idea of claiming Calradia by force.

Sturgian armor seems very RUS inspired (not RUSSIAN like many think, but the first settlers -mainly swedish/danish- who went east). Captain Lust also kind-of confirmed that Sturgians are Vaegir. I bet Nords will either:

Some of the helmets look very Nord inspired, Vendel age helmets from Scandinavia etc. One of the Sturgian instruments is also Swedish.

I'm betting Sturgians are majority Vaegir with Nord minority (nobles/soldiers). Imagine the Kievan Rus (which you mentioned), for example. I'm sure it can be explained through the lore.

So there won't really be a 100% Nord faction, or at least it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Svangr said:
578 said:
MrMundy said:

I'm betting Sturgians are majority Vaegir with Nord minority (nobles/soldiers).
There isn't a single nord in Calradia during the Bannerlord period. They were hired as mercenaries by the empire. The nords probably didn't even know Calradia existed.

TheGreatGold said:
Svangr said:
578 said:
MrMundy said:

I'm betting Sturgians are majority Vaegir with Nord minority (nobles/soldiers).
There isn't a single nord in Calradia during the Bannerlord period. They were hired as mercenaries by the empire. The nords probably didn't even know Calradia existed.

I guess the problem comes from not knowing when the Empire recruited Nords, because as far as I know it hasn't been specified anywhere. If they were given coastal land, was it in the north (which would imply it was during the height of the empire, long before Bannerlord). Or were the Nords recruited during the decline and the 3 imperial factions (Bannerlord period)?

So, is there some confirmation for either? Maybe I've just missed the briefing lol.

Actually if I recall right in warband there is a small price of lore that Nords originally used to row the Emperors warships or something as mercenaries of sorts, so they likely did know of Calradia. But I suppose they didn't invade until the empire has completely fallen and they had the opportunity.

Found it on the wikia, Matheld Lore

"According to Matheld, the Nords were invited by the Calradic Empire to crew their galleys, and were given land on the coast as payment for this service. After the Empire fell however, a Nord leader named Gundig Hairy-Breeks landed in Calradia to claim a supposed Nord birthright of the whole continent. Matheld makes note that this was a fabrication by the skalds and qualifies it by noting the Nords need no excuse to go to war. Gundig Hairy-Breeks would be killed attempting to attack the Rock of Rivacheg, but Nords still come to Calradia under the idea of claiming Calradia by force"

Well.. In this picture neither of the three empire factions controls any coastal land or the area where nords can be seen during the warband period:

latest

This suggests either the Vlandians and Surgians conquered the coast from the empire factions by the time the demo campaign was shown, or that it used to happen in the past before the empire fell into smaller factions

Eldorien said:
Well.. In this picture neither of the three empire factions controls any coastal land or the area where nords can be seen during the warband period:

latest

This suggests either the Vlandians and Surgians conquered the coast from the empire factions by the time the demo campaign was shown, or that it used to happen in the past before the empire fell into smaller factions

Indeed. That's why I'm curious, since according to wiki, the Empire used to rule all of Calradia. If the Nords were invited at that point, there could very well be small factions of Nords in some coastal part of Calradia (who could have evolved in many different ways/merged with pre-Vaegir peoples) during the Bannerlord period. But, it's all speculation until TW really confirms anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom