Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Đяαкøℵ said:
[SPQR]Eduard said:
Okay guys.... So i think we should wait till 27th. September. 

This will be the date of the next blog/ pre-order date/ beta release date/ release date.

Choose by your own mind.
2nd next blog (After the next blog, another one on the 27th) or beta release date.

Updated release table.

September 27, 2015 - Gameplay footage - Delayed - March 6, 2016
September 27, 2016 - 13th Blog - On Schedule
September 27, 2017 - Closed Alpha - On Schedule
September 27, 2018 - Closed Beta - On Schedule
September 27, 2019 - Early Access - On Schedule
September 27, 2020 - Release - On Schedule

Morelen said:
Seeing these maps makes me want to ask: Am I the only one who finds the dark heavy strokes used everywhere (text and icons) to be visually abysmal?
I mean, I adore the game, but the artistic direction on that one, for me, is a really bad one. Everything else on these maps are fine. Why oh WHY use these dark, pixelate, heavy strokes???

It's easy to fix and I'm sure there will be an option about that so np man.

Styo said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
[SPQR]Eduard said:
Okay guys.... So i think we should wait till 27th. September. 

This will be the date of the next blog/ pre-order date/ beta release date/ release date.

Choose by your own mind.
2nd next blog (After the next blog, another one on the 27th) or beta release date.

Updated release table.

September 27, 2015 - Gameplay footage - Delayed - March 6, 2016
September 27, 2016 - 13th Blog - On Schedule
September 27, 2017 - Closed Alpha - On Schedule
September 27, 2018 - Closed Beta - On Schedule
September 27, 2019 - Early Access - On Schedule
September 27, 2020 - Release - On Schedule

Please no... I'm already waiting since too much time I can't handle it anymore  :cry:

Morelen said:
Seeing these maps makes me want to ask: Am I the only one who finds the dark heavy strokes used everywhere (text and icons) to be visually abysmal?
I mean, I adore the game, but the artistic direction on that one, for me, is a really bad one. Everything else on these maps are fine. Why oh WHY use these dark, pixelate, heavy strokes???

You're not the only one, I have reservations about the text and others have previously said much the same as you (about the text, not the icons as far as I know). One the one hand the text doesn't go with the medieval feel and natural colours of the landscape and buildings, but on the other it does stand out well and I find it easy to read. I've seen mods with different text that doesn't look as good and isn't as easy to read. It would be nice to have the option to toggle the town and village names on and off (I presume this is what you are referring to by text?), so that you could peruse the map with a more natural look.

I hope Commodore Lust reads this.  It is my fondest wish for Bannerlord.  KOEI, in 1989, came out with "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" for the NES where each character had a distinctive face and personality when talking with the player character.  It's part of the reason I still play the game today with an emulator.  I wish Taleworlds would figure out that interaction is addictive.

Lord Brutus said:
I hope Commodore Lust reads this.  It is my fondest wish for Bannerlord.  KOEI, in 1989, came out with "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" for the NES where each character had a distinctive face and personality when talking with the player character.  It's part of the reason I still play the game today with an emulator.  I wish Taleworlds would figure out that interaction is addictive.

Could you clarify? Sounds interesting, but not sure I understand. I get the face part (So many faces in Warband were the same), but not the personality part. Weren't there different personalities in Warband too?

I'm sure the faces have the capacity to be much different and better looking in Bannerlord, what with the improved customization features.

The personality aspect was configured with three different characteristics, Integrity, Mercy and Courage.  High integrity was ideal for a leader, unlike most of the leaders we have now.  Mercy was a useful attribute since characters with low to moderate mercy wouldn't get cheated by the peasants at tax time.  People with high courage attract like-minded people, as long as their courage is not so high that they appear fool-hardy.  Even people like I-98, M-60, C-78 would attract people with similar numbers, even if not that high, maybe I-66, M-44, C-60.

Lord Brutus said:
The personality aspect was configured with three different characteristics, Integrity, Mercy and Courage.  High integrity was ideal for a leader, unlike most of the leaders we have now.  Mercy was a useful attribute since characters with low to moderate mercy wouldn't get cheated by the peasants at tax time.  People with high courage attract like-minded people, as long as their courage is not so high that they appear fool-hardy.  Even people like I-98, M-60, C-78 would attract people with similar numbers, even if not that high, maybe I-66, M-44, C-60.

Gotcha! Even on some small level, that kind of system would be really really neat for Bannerlord. Here's hoping it works similarly.

while that sounds interesting...
WE NEED MORE NUMBERS!
if we take moore's law...
2016-1989=27
27/2=13,5=13
3*2^13=24576

I DEMAND TALEWORLDS WILL USE AT LEAST 24576 SEPARATE PARAMETERS FOR THE CHARACTER SIMULATION!

but seriously, some expansion on it might be nice. also, we do off course need some modifiers since people with specific skills tend to end up in specific positions. even with nobles a weak lord tends to lose a lot of power. for starters we could use a "judgement" parameter and a "trust" parameter.

Anybody notice how that lake that I encircled with red on the map sort of looks like the black sea? It has a similar shape, down under is a byzantine like faction as irl, in the east there's the khergits (assuming they're based on mongols) as in real life, in the west there's western factions (which were not there, there were slavic peoples to the west of the black sea but I guess its ok) and on the top ( like in real life ) there's a nordic-slavic faction. As in real life. (Kievan Rus')
www.imgur.com/ZeJWHAJ

Đяαкøℵ said:
Anybody notice how that lake that I encircled with red on the map sort of looks like the black sea? It has a similar shape, down under is a byzantine like faction as irl, in the east there's the khergits (assuming they're based on mongols) as in real life, in the west there's western factions (which were not there, there were slavic peoples to the west of the black sea but I guess its ok) and on the top ( like in real life ) there's a nordic-slavic faction. As in real life. (Kievan Rus')
wwwimgur.com/ZeJWHAJ

It does a little. Funny timing as I'm watching a documentary on the Crimean war and just had to look up to see a map.

Also, you forgot the first "." in the URL.

Millillion said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
www.imgur.com/ZeJWHAJ

It does a little. Funny timing as I'm watching a documentary on the Crimean war and just had to look up to see a map.

Also, you forgot the first "." in the URL.
Sorry about that, it's solved now xD

You can also see "Varnovapol" (Which is basically Varna and Sevastopol, both seaside slavic cities together) on the piece of land that slightly curves inward of that lake, and vaguely resembles the Crimean peninsula, where Sevastopol is.

Đяαкøℵ said:
You can also see "Varnovapol" (Which is basically Varna and Sevastopol, both seaside slavic cities together) on the piece of land that slightly curves inward of that lake, and vaguely resembles the Crimean peninsula, where Sevastopol is.

All thoses inner sea would realy work well with ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom