Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stus67 said:
This game is going to turn into a Duke Nukem Forever at this rate.

If they'll follow your advice and release it immediately, It will turn into Viking Conquest or Fallout: New Vegas (lovely games that were horribly bug-ridden at launch).

HedgeKnight said:
Stus67 said:
This game is going to turn into a Duke Nukem Forever at this rate.

If they'll follow your advice and release it immediately, It will turn into Viking Conquest or Fallout: New Vegas (lovely games that were horribly bug-ridden at launch).

Didn't give any advice or say release it immediately. I said it's going to turn into a Duke Nukem Forever. There's a point where something can take too long to happen.

"Duke Nukem Forever" had multiple engine switches and other problems. And it was delayed over and over again.

TW said they want the game in gamers' hands in one form or another by the end of this year.
If this holds true then the worst part of waiting is already over and this would be the home stretch (kind of).

Lord Brutus said:
Yabloko said:
Bannerlord has not been in an abnormally long development process, It's that we knew about it in it's early stages.
We have no idea what stage of development Bannerlord was in when we first heard about it.  I just hope it's not too late to inspire changes.

IIRC it was mentioned that work on Bannerlord began not long before a certain Warband patch. What patch, and when it was said, I do not remember.

Lord Brutus said:
I hope Commodore Lust reads this.  It is my fondest wish for Bannerlord.  KOEI, in 1989, came out with "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" for the NES where each character had a distinctive face and personality when talking with the player character.  It's part of the reason I still play the game today with an emulator.  I wish Taleworlds would figure out that interaction is addictive.

Wow, this would be perfect for the kind of game wich is bannerlord !! Is there a place where we can post suggestions? If so, I hope you already did !  I wonder if they're not too far into production to implement that kind of system though... and that leads me to ask : ''any modders out there know if they could work miracles and implement this kind of npc interaction after launch? '' 

Lord Brutus said:
We have no idea what stage of development Bannerlord was in when we first heard about it.  I just hope it's not too late to inspire changes.

A big focus for development seems to be for allowing amateur modders to easily making extensive changes post-release. So I like to think the devs themselves should have little trouble doing it even in late development.

M.ArdA said:
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sy6W2fyvvxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

M.ArdA said:
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15

Took you a month to sum up things shown in two videos and barely add nothing new ?

Disappointing.

So... the fabled blog was just a recap of the video? Wow.

If castles don't exist as a thing, how do you control territory? Can a host still walk right past however much enemy territory they want and hit whatever target they want? I was hoping that castles would be a real thing, meaning that I won't be able to go through a mountain pass, for an example, without permission from the keep that's atop it, but I guess that sort of thing wasn't meant to be.

Lumos said:

If castles don't exist as a thing, how do you control territory? Can a host still walk right past however much enemy territory they want and hit whatever target they want? I was hoping that castles would be a real thing, meaning that I won't be able to go through a mountain pass, for an example, without permission from the keep that's atop it, but I guess that sort of thing wasn't meant to be.
Is not Frank said the next blog is going to be a recap? Or am i recalling it wrong? Anyway, i bet they are preparing for this years Gamescom too, so we will see a lot of stuff i hope!

Lumos said:

I thought I remembered a previous blog (or other source) saying that control of choke-points was going to be more of an important aspect in Bannerlord. So presumably there's some sort of mechanic for it.

But yeah, I'm having trouble finding much new info  in there. Chamber-blocking confirmed. Physical centres confirmed. We know NPCs also use influence points, and can set up criminal enterprises.  Wall strength will have a tangible effect on gameplay (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom