Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also watched a video where two rednecks tested pila against shields and noted that if you were running with the shield when it hit, the counterweight on the projectile would fall to the ground and get lodged while the shaft would impale you.

They also tried regular javelins with fairly broad tips and even a few centimetres of penetration would make them hugely difficult to pull out. Stuff like this makes me want to see javelins be a hard counter to shields because in warband they feel like force fields.

Interesting video, also counters the "pila shafts were soft" thing which sounds illogical to me.

Well to be fair, a pilum is not exactly your average javelin.

Would like to see someone try wield a center grip shield with a javelin in it.
I suspect you can still hold it forward but not move it defensively as well.

Where did they test "regular" javelins?

[SPQR]Eduard said:
I just would be happy if they would not promise anything... Just say "we will try" and not "i will". That's all.

Amen
Gaben
#peace
#frank
#elliot

#bannerlord#waiting#withfriends#6years#happiness#love#bannerlordagain#gibme#wantit#willpayhundreds#please?

BTW. Frank did not promise that the blog will be released, He.said that he will try to make sure that the blog willcome out in few next weeks.

Captain Lust said:
Hey all!

Just putting together the promised blog post, to cover things we showed at PC Gamer. A little time has passed but I was away the week directly after the event, and I did get the general impression most of what we said was reasonably clear (a benefit of actually talking about what we were showing this time!).

The reason I'm mentioning this is just that, for the next day or two, if there is anything we showed that you aren't quite sure about, now would be a very good time to ask a question and I'll try to make sure it gets answered for the blog. Obviously, I am also expecting a whole load of questions about things we didn't show or say and that's fine! :grin: but honestly the chances of getting an answer to those - right now - are lower. :razz:

Please feel free to leave your questions right here; I always read the thread anyway.

Cheers,

Frank

I will try was related to get the questions anwsered and not to the promised blog post, maybe I understand something wrong.
But anyway this game is already lost.  :meh:

Mamlaz said:
SenpaiHinds said:
He's talking about multiplayer.

So am I.

When you shoot people with shields in the legs in native, all you hear is a shield clunk.

Or am I mistaken?
the circumstances have to be right. If the shield user is inexperienced they might get shot in the leg but the shield would need to be small and angled up

Yes, but the shields in native defend far more area than they actually cover, unlike in mods like PW, where even a slight dot outside the shield border lands in an arrow in a body.

Dest45 said:
Mamlaz said:
Yes, but the shields in native defend far more area than they actually cover, unlike in mods like PW, where even a slight dot outside the shield border lands in an arrow in a body.
which is how it should be
could you expand on this? why is this how it should be?

EDIT: I assumed you meant the way warband worked is how it should be.
on that note we could also benefit from an option to crouch behind our shields to prevent archers from footshooting at the cost of lower mobility.

SenorZorros said:
Dest45 said:
Mamlaz said:
which is how it should be
could you expand on this? why is this how it should be?

EDIT: I assumed you meant the way warband worked is how it should be.
on that note we could also benefit from an option to crouch behind our shields to prevent archers from footshooting at the cost of lower mobility.

I believe he is saying that if you get an arrow outside the shield but still on the body, then that arrow deserves to hit the target instead of the shield.

SenorZorros said:

Well, a lot of mods have crouching ability.

Mamlaz said:

If you're going for that then you should completely nerf archers, else archer/crossbow spam simply becomes too powerful, which is already a big problem in PW. One for the other. Besides, hitting in the legs or foot does usually work in Native too, unless agaisnt board shields, but those are meant to defend the whole body so I don't see the problem.

now I wonder why archers were ineffective against dark-age shield walls. after all, if they weren't thay should be employed more often. while they are expensive they could halt a frontline by shooting at the lkegs of the formation.

if it is because of accuracy then the problem probably is that the archers are indeed to accurate though I wonder if it is possible to both keep archers from getting op and adding enough progression.

Z0mbiN3 said:
If you're going for that then you should completely nerf archers, else archer/crossbow spam simply becomes too powerful

I disagree, archers are still relatively ineffective even in PW, even against persons without shield, let alone with it.

PW has 200% hp, meaning you need several arrows to take out a dude, most of which will not hit him.

Z0mbiN3 said:
One for the other. Besides, hitting in the legs or foot does usually work in Native too

Not my experience, only if the man is looking up and I aim for the toes :mrgreen:

Even when the shield is not raised, that is, when the shield is in the resting position, most of the left half of the body is blocked from projectiles.

SenorZorros said:
now I wonder why archers were ineffective against dark-age shield walls.

Yes, people tend to completely overlook that the Huns, after Atilla died, decided to attack ze Germanic tribes and got massacred.

Apparently shieldwalls worked well for ze Germans.

The Germans sent the head of Atilla's oldest son to Constantinople as a gift and continued to assault the Huns until they left Europe and ran back to the steppes.

Strange isn't it?

A bunch of half naked Germans taking out arguably the most powerful steppe confederation on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom