Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little tribute to all the guys who spammed "Bannerlord" to the gamescom live twitch chat this afternoon !!! Was an honor to fight and to fall with you guys :ohdear:

635298hodorbannerlord.jpg

So is that the last thing we will see of Bannerlord for a while I had no idea when their Gamescom time was so I assume its already finished and they wouldn't show more info after that.

Daiball14 said:
So is that the last thing we will see of Bannerlord for a while I had no idea when their Gamescom time was so I assume its already finished and they wouldn't show more info after that.

I may be wrong but I believe that Gamescom isn't over for another 4 days.

Oh wow, its cool to see how many different troops there are. For the empire at least. Different variants of cavalry with horsemen, heavy horsemen and cataracts. As well as archers and heavy archers. I wonder if these are all apart of the same skill tree or are different troops all together that excel in different things. Ie, Heavy archers have more armour and maybe do more damage but normal archers are quicker and more useful for skirmishing and quick hit and run tactics. Very cool regardless of which is the case.  :smile:

That would be cool.  The different areas, though still in the same empire, could be owned by rival clans fighting for supremacy.
(All the while making themselves more vulnerable to the invading tribes.)

Some of the awesome things I noticed after a few views of the trailers:

1. blood spurts look realistic and seems to follow, for lack of a better word, from the tip of your sword
2. the death and knock-back animations look awesome
3. the sitar or guitar or whatever guy seems to be playing the exact notes and chords (tw attention to detail is amazing)
4. enemies seem to stay alive for a period after being killed sometimes and struggle on the ground unless the guy was bugging out but i always look for this in games and few games have it.
5. siege weapon use is very thoroughly animated which greatly adds to immersion during siege battles
6. available weapon slots change depending on what type/how big the weapons are that you carry. something i've been waiting for specifically so people don't run around with 4 battle axes or something
7. major improvements to companion customization. no more tedious dialogue every time you want to change their weapons/armour/stats
8. weapon customization is a welcome surprise, especially how it affects the weapons stats
9. main map looks much improved but still the most lacking of all the changes imho since most of your time is spent there. i don't know what they could do to fix this though
10. people are complaining about the fighting animations but i personally think they are much better than any other similar game i can think of including chivalry, skyrim, and war of the roses games.
11. immersion is vastly increased in the towns with all kinds of new animations which appear to be well executed.
12. Music is just excellent. exciting and immersive.
13. weather system is much welcome and looks great. takes a lot of extra work to do this but i love taleworlds' attention to detail.
14. love the new armour etc.
15. like how people finally move the **** out of your way as you walk past so you don't get stuck behind a wall of your own men which was your greatest enemy in warband sieges.
16. ladder animation, finally lol.
17. scenes look a lot better. especially like the smaller castles in the leaked images.
18. footwork animations when fighting look great

Anyone notice anything else?

I'm also, excited to see how the bartering system works as it sounds like an interesting concept. Still hoping for perma-death of characters and an heir system of some kind would be super nice to add a feeling of progress. would be the best feeling in the world to permanently kill your arch enemy and have his heirs seek revenge on you in the future.

Wulfburk said:
Some cool pic i got from the video by going 0.2 speed.

SWL3sZd.jpg
I hope the overworld map interface isn't entirely mouse based in the same way M&B is. Also just a big fat list that takes over the whole screen doesnt look that good. I would prefer like, 35 cav, 25 archers, 15 footmen, the lords. then if you want details there is a sub menu. also a hotkey to see near by forts/villages/towns would be good. or even just a Bioware-eque tab button which reveals details for all things within sight. something.

Killing a noble or a lord should be possible only if you're really powerfull however it would kill you're reputation and renown with the faction, maybe killing bad karma lord will not :smile:

I noticed there is a slot for cloaks

There is probably destructible environnement and i hope there will be fire arrows and you can burn villages !

I would prefer like, 35 cav, 25 archers, 15 footmen, the lords.
+1

Wulfburk said:
A big fat list is just fine if it only appears when you mouse over, IMHO.
The main failure of the mouse over system is that it's not quite clear what is the point that one should mouse over/AND the point that you need to hover/click changes in size at different zoom levels. You ever want to go to a village/castle, click only to find that it wasnt the right spot and end up clicking around because now the camera is moving. I DO anyway. Maybe I'm an exception and you all are really good at it, but if 1 person who posts experiences it I feel it's likely there are many others who experience the same thing. All that leads to what feels like IMO not very relaxed controls.

One thing Taleworlds definitely needs is voice actors. It was probably the lowpoint to me in the B-roll when two of the dudes you talk to seem to have learned English as a second language.(I'm gonna take a guess and say that they just took two guys from the studio who could read English)

I mean, cool we have voice dialogue, that's a great step. The voice acting was very raw, so I hope Taleworlds talks with members of the community about getting help with what must be a very large recording and voice acting job. I'm sure plenty of us would do it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom