Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill, people. They even used placeholders in many instances, so the final result will be a lot more better. They've got to play with lighting, shaders and textures 100 times until the final release. Yet you cannot deny that it looks good at this stage.

On the other hand, I recommend people with wooden computers to ugrade, because they cannot work forever with a 30Mhz computer.

[Phoenix] said:
Pilum said:
[Phoenix] said:
It looks like a graphical polished Warband. I mean. It still has the same structure of the props, just better graphics. The graphics aren't THAT good. You all that says "the graphics looks amazing" I just see you as -asskissers- Assassins Creed 2 had way better graphics and it was released what, like 4 years ago?

For Mount&Blade standards it looks pretty good I think.
Also there will most definitely be a lot of stuff going on on the screen again in multiplayer mode.
Can't complain really.

Of course it looks better. It HAS to look better to even sale on the market today. Remember; Mount and Blade was release five years ago and the screenshots looks like a 2010 game. That is just a 2 years graphical improvement. It has nothing to the 2014 graphical scene.

You are probably right, but if there are also improvements to game mechanics and animations and sound, I will be very content with the graphics when the game comes out.
Warband is my favorite video game, lol, I never thought I would play it 500+ hours when I started it for the first time, because I thought my eyes would get cancer, but I was pleasantly surprised by its mechanics and especially the multiplayer mode.
So, maybe one day, maybe M&B III will compete with AAA titles on a graphics level.
Until then I hope M&B 2 will be crazy moddable and all will be good.  :smile:

I think that the new game's graphics have achieved all that they require. Solid, sufficient quality.
Now there is little more that we can learn from screenshots. The only thing left is performance and gameplay, as well as moddability. We have yet to see these, but they are promised. I am confident that TW will pull through for us. They won't do miracles, but they will improve.

Seriously, if it looks like on the screens but with overlapping fixed and better horses, I will be more than happy :smile: Given that the optimization is well done.

King_Kabab said:
Uhhh, probably missed something, but I bet there would be some kind of co-op, if you don't remember they said they added: "highly requested features"
even here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/28/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-announced/

I think there must be SOME kind of co-op, its like the most requested thing ever.

Last year a community member named Nikepheros conducted an interview with one of the developers. A transcript of the interview is spoilered in the opening post of this thread. I have quoted the relevant part of the interview below:

Q: You know there had been many successful modifications for the game, and one of the best known is the Strategus – cRPG, which allows the players to have some sort of multiplayer campaign. Will there be any feature like that in the game to come?
A: at this stage a multiplayer, competitive or cooperative looks still pretty difficult to make.

Not sure about you guys, but graphics to me don't mean much. It's the gameplay and amount of hour you can put into the game that matters. As long as they put all the stuff that mods have, such as in depth diplomacy, formations, building your own manors, and stuff like that, I will buy 2 copies, like I did with Mount & Blade, and Mount & Blade: Warband.

And yes, I actually did buy 2 copies.

$30 is way to cheap in my books for this type of game. Enormous modding community, never ending story, this game should cost $60 minimum.

Styo said:
And yes, I actually did buy 2 copies.
nelr4.jpg
:roll:

Sir Arvondor said:
blackthursday said:
What's the catch?
Wait a second.... Lord Tim lost his personal slave yesterday when the Bannerlord info came out. And now LumoCorp is suddenly giving out free stuff? That probably means that the catch.....is us! Run!
This honestly hadn't occurred to me. But no, it's not that. Besides, it's not like I'm going to ship you a LASAGNA task force soldier in a box, am I. In any case, don't give me ideas.

If nobody wants a PC, I guess I should sell them to a local hardware store or something.
I mean, the corporation should sell them through a global market. Of course it's the company and not me only.

Lumos said:
Sir Arvondor said:
blackthursday said:
What's the catch?
Wait a second.... Lord Tim lost his personal slave yesterday when the Bannerlord info came out. And now LumoCorp is suddenly giving out free stuff? That probably means that the catch.....is us! Run!
This honestly hadn't occurred to me. But no, it's not that. Besides, it's not like I'm going to ship you a LASAGNA task force soldier in a box, am I. In any case, don't give me ideas.

If nobody wants a PC, I guess I should sell them to a local hardware store or something.
I mean, the corporation should sell them through a global market. Of course it's the company and not me only.

A computer isn't that bad, but I want a unicorn. Come on, I now you have one hidden somewhere...you MUST have a unicorn!.

Lumos said:
I'm willing to purchase your PCs! Just send your PayPal account details to my Gmail account, and I'll send the required amount within 7 business days!

:twisted:

Pachinko said:
I'm willing to purchase your PCs! Just send your PayPal account details to my Gmail account, and I'll send the required amount within 7 business days!
I am offering them for free, you know. But I reckon that you'll have to pay for the shipping.

Yabloko said:
A computer isn't that bad, but I want a unicorn. Come on, I now you have one hidden somewhere...you MUST have a unicorn!.
The subjects in the LumoCorp Ltd. R&D lab are none of your concern.

I am sorry to say that I am not impressed by the screenshots at all. Maybe the gameplay will show major improvements. Unless the latter is true, this game just isn't for me.

Lumos said:
Pachinko said:
I am offering them for free, you know. But I reckon that you'll have to pay for the shipping.

Yabloko said:
The subjects in the LumoCorp Ltd. R&D lab are none of your concern.

Oh, but they are my concern. Unicorns are EVERYONE's concern.

UghUghUgh said:
I am sorry to say that I am not impressed by the screenshots at all. Maybe the gameplay will show major improvements. Unless the latter is true, this game just isn't for me.
What kind of graphics can one really expect from a game like M&B/Warband? And I don't mean just because Taleworlds is a small company, either. Most of the "OMG THE GRAPHICS ARE SO AMAZING!!!" type of RPG's don't get anywhere near Warband's battle sizes; the most that Skyrim would have going in one place is what, 30'ish people/monsters? I've heard of players getting larger ones with mods, but that ends up excluding quite a few people due to hardware not being able to handle it. When it comes to per-unit graphical detail vs amount of actors on the field, I think that a game like M&B should focus more on the latter.

Personally, I'm hoping for some gameplay improvement and expansion. More depth to the economy and politicking, spear using AI being better able to withstand cavalry charges, and smarter army usage/positioning by AI commanders (ie, not as much scattering of infantry that's trying to chase down cavalry). It may also be neat to have to equip your troops, rather than just upgrading a peasant to a heavily armored soldier after some experience/training and spending a fairly paltry sum, but I can understand if that gets left out in favor of development time being spent on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom