Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man? it is cryengine. It is really good engine, but it is does not support any kind of modability/ module system. So u cant just compare this thing.

Lord_Kramuk said:
[Phoenix] said:
I'd hope the graphics were more like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwnSo9bcIyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJCYkMFFmo

Imagine performance with 500+ troops  :wink:
Why do you discuss it anyway? Look at the second video, I don't want to play a game everybody touches each other, all the time in it.

Exactly, most games dont have to take account so many ais on one scene and those that do like totalwar, dont have individual troops ais. Graphics should be improved somewhat but performance should be the #1 priorty.

UghUghUgh said:
I am sorry to say that I am not impressed by the screenshots at all. Maybe the gameplay will show major improvements. Unless the latter is true, this game just isn't for me.

I had a feeling the graphics wouldn't be where we see major improvement, M&B needs to be accessible to a wide range of people, even with lower scale computers. My PC for example can't handle some of the more demanding mods, therefore I for one wouldn't be able to play Bannerlord, so to Taleworlds it's another customer lost.

Looking forward to hearing more on new features, I think the depth of the game is where we will be impressed and sold. 

[Phoenix] said:
I'd hope the graphics were more like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwnSo9bcIyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJCYkMFFmo

Particularly for Bannerlord I really want more enterable houses. Of course, due to the need to support more troops they won't make the graphics like that (I'm sure it'll be at least near as good), but the immersive factor was always something Watband lacked. So, let's say if I wanna go to the tavern, I click on it on the town menu and it spawns me in the town, inside a tavern, and not in a dedicated scene instead, like it is now. That's something I would really want, like to wander in houses, warehouses, churches (and toilets :razz:).

You know, I told you guys exactly what to expect when they hadn't posted anything for almost a year, and you flamed me, so now it's my turn. Go look at it you fools. No new engine, no new physics, same tired old stuff. It's virtually a frigging mod. You're going to see the same sets rehashed, mostly the same sounds, and you'll shell out another $30 plus for the right to play. A year into development, and that's it? 

I could see if it was like two guys in a basement making a game. It isn't. This "Indie" has been milking people for couple of years now with virtually no real improvements whatsoever, and they need to be called on it. Honestly, it's embarrassing. 

quicksilver67 said:
This "Indie" has been milking people for couple of years now with virtually no real improvements whatsoever, and they need to be called on it. Honestly, it's embarrassing. 
They can only be called on it when you actually have the game in your hands and can legitimize your claims.

quicksilver67 said:
You know, I told you guys exactly what to expect when they hadn't posted anything for almost a year, and you flamed me, so now it's my turn. Go look at it you fools. No new engine, no new physics, same tired old stuff. It's virtually a frigging mod. You're going to see the same sets rehashed, mostly the same sounds, and you'll shell out another $30 plus for the right to play. A year into development, and that's it? 

I could see if it was like two guys in a basement making a game. It isn't. This "Indie" has been milking people for couple of years now with virtually no real improvements whatsoever, and they need to be called on it. Honestly, it's embarrassing.

Well aren't you a precious troll, darling?
1) no new engine? nope, it's new. LIE.
2) no new physics? you can tell from the screenshots? We don't know, it's highly unlikely though.
3) same tired old stuff? we know very little about features, you simply cannot guess anything of the sort from screenshots. Unlikely.
4) It's a mod? No, just, no.
5) same sets, same sounds...ok, now you're just making **** up.

Learn to troll better, this is pretty pathetic.

quicksilver67 said:
Okay, if the screenshots look like two guys in a basement made the game, then get a friend, go down to your basement, and call me in a year or two if you can make a game that looks nearly as good as those screenshots, and is on a scale similar to WB.  Also consider the obvious: the screenshots showed WIP content that isn't nearly finished, and many of the models and textures looked like placeholders. Yes, a couple of the screenshots looked like ****, but hopefully those areas just haven't received as much attention as some of the other areas shown. Wait for the final product before you *****, okay?

Some things I forgot to mention. Outstanding work guys, really. The atmosphere looks better than the most AAA titels, the design is breathtaking, the models and textures are quite good, obviously WIP, but so far quite good. The setting and the ideas behind the screens are awesome. I am looking forward to it.

quicksilver67 said:

You've deduced all of that from a couple of pictures? Hell, I'd like to be as gifted as you in analyzing things. It's just amazing: you can even hear and know all of the features of the game just by looking at some WIP pictures. You seem a superhero, you feel like a superhero, you ARE a superhero... Haterman!

quicksilver67 said:

I don't know how people handled you back when you posted that, but perhaps you could have enjoyed more support for your cause if you didn't call all of us fools.

Wow, so many 8 year old graphics fags here. Before making a negative post about graphics, please go play Call of Duty and never return. Some people really don't understand how their "graphics" work.

txvp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom