Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varrak said:
Tiags Luvianne Versorium said:
Armağan said they will release the game when they became sure about they won't take negative feedbacks from players.

In order to be sure about that, they should be open and honest about their game. If they keep hiding the game, then they will never be sure about community's possible reaction. It could make more sense if they even share their "opinions" for some features and ask them to the community, and implement them after the feedback.

This kind of progress would have been take so much time, but they dont have to ask main fighting mechanics, but diplomacy/multiplayer features could be asked and then they will be sure about they won't take negative feedbacks from players.

Again, if they keep this silence, they will never became sure.
Indeed.

crodeau said:
is the E3 wankery over yet? what have they given us beside the two vids?
We have an interview in which Armağan Yavuz says ;
"We're doing the finishing touches(to the game). When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it."
Nothing else.

Here the interview (Turkish) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UgNVFnlYg0

Translation By Goker:
Goker said:
A rushed translation for that Merlin'in Kazanı video, for those interested.
Merlin'in Kazanı: Greetings from "Merlin's Cauldron", we're in LA, on the first day of E3. We're starting our interviews with the sponsorship of MSI Gaming Laptop. Our first interview will be out a game hailing from our own country that is very much of interest to people. As you can see in the images behind me, it's Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord and I have here, next to me, Armağan Yavuz.

MK: Hello Mr. Armağan, how are you?

Armağan Yavuz: Hello, I'm good, thank you.

MK: First off, we're on the first day of E3, this must be a very busy couple of days for you. What are your thoughts on E3?

AY: We're very excited. As gamers would know, we've been working on Bannerlord for a long time with the development team. We've made good preperations and have videos published. We're offering the press to test the game out and experience it themselves.

MK: Yes, we've also tried the game out inside, it is very good. Compared to the first game, there are a lot of differences, with the new shield system, the command system, you've made a lot of changes. Can you give us some general info on what's different?

AY: Of course, in E3 this year we're specifically showing the differences in the combat and battle systems. There are a couple of very important differences to the combat system, one of these would be the directional defence system that shields now have, like swords were able to do in the past iterations. If you defend on the correct direction with your shield, you get extra bonuses, like having your shield last longer or attack your enemy better afterwards. We've also added the ability to do shield bashes, which stuns enemies. Other than that, after making a strike with a sword, pushing the mouse button quickly again can lead to subsequent strikes, without losing momentum.

MK: The shield thing looks great and I think you do that with the "kick" button. Those who played the previous games would know that there was a kick button. When you hold the shield and press the kick button, you can try to hit with the shield. (Perhaps this means the kick is still in place but won't be done when holding the shield up?) I had a bit of a problem with the spear-wielding enemies but it is obviously very useful in close combat. Can we talk a bit about the command system, like can we do the "Crescent tactic" (Pincer Movement)?

AY: (laughing) Yes, you can do that as a commander. We have lots of good features in the command system as well. One of them would be that if you're not the main commander of the battle, the commander can give you command of a small company. You can be given command of the cavalry and be given commands like "strike from the flanks" but you decide what you want to do with your command. Aside from that, we have advanced formations, you can order soldiers to do a single-line or a circle, allowing for more tactical and important decisions to be made.

MK: Yeah, strategy seems to have become an important feature in the game. Lastly, I want to talk about the graphics. Lots of differences there, with helmet tassels moving, etc. I especially liked the desert area, with dust kicking up as soldiers move. What more can you say about the graphics?

AY: About the graphics, yeah, the team has been working a lot on it. Our cloth simulation has developed greatly and can be seen in multiple places, like in flags, horses' manes, and various clothings worn by soldiers, like the tassels on helmets. We try to use them as much as possible. We have very good particle effects, like the dust kicked up by horses in deserts. Pretty much every scene you can see has a couple of little graphical improvements, those little touches.

MK: Lastly, Bannerlord is a highly anticipated game both in our country and globally. You've been developing it for a long while. Any information on the release date, can you tell us how much of the development is done?

AY: We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it. As for how much of it is finished, most of it is currently done.

MK: Can we say that you're doing the finishing touches?

AY: Yeah, we're doing the finishing touches. When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
We have an interview in which Armağan Yavuz says ;
"We're doing the finishing touches(to the game). When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it."
Nothing else.
There, thats it, stop *****ing already. I cant seriously believe how infantile you people are about PR. They are game company and nothing else. Wether they suck at PR or not is their problem and not yours. All you have to be worried about is how good the game will be, and im pretty sure that when they release it you'll know.
Again, you have not bought this game yet, you're following it because you want, to, they're not making you do so.

Kaiji said:
VictorF said:
6 years in the making and no idea of when it's going to come out doesn't sound like an organized and professional development model.

It sounds like a poorly organized group of amateurs. These guys are clearly lost and confused without Paradox holding them to deadlines.

All that talk about being determined to "get the game in our hands as soon as possible" at the E3 before this one was just flat out patronizing lies, akin to patting a dog on the head.

We all know the game is in a playable state. You've said yourselves it's basically complete and just needing final polish. Put the damn thing in Early Access so the modders can start fixing it like they do with everything else you guys release.

Easily the most ignorant, casually oblivious gaming company I've ever experienced in several decades of gaming.

From my experiences with early access games I rather not. Most just money grab and then barely develop the game afterwards, leaving it in a permanent incomplete state

I have been reading most of the comments about the outrage and discontent of the fans about the TW's "openness" and about the E3 footage. I am really in shock of the negativeness of what i've read actually.
I believe that some of the comments that i've read are too harsh and not so really thought about. I believe people are damaging the game, the community and the company to some extent. I am not saying that TaleWorlds is not a company that can't handle a bad criticism, i do know that they can handle much more. Most of the people are kinda right with what they are saying. They have good points and their posts are fiiled with constructive criticism. But it looks like some of the fans have put their feelings on the way before thinking it seems. I think their comments are hurting the game as a whole.
Everyone is passionate about this game. And believe it or not TW also is too! Yes. And it seems to me that most of the people who criticised the whole time missing a good point. And some of the people also are so furious that they cant see that point. They cant see that TaleWorlds probably knows what is going on with the development cycle. And again, believe it or not they also probably know what that costs. So before criticise them so hard just sit back listen and think about what are your thoughts, feeelings and comments mean to the people working for TW. They are not seeing their job as a normal day to day job. They know the expectations. They know the burden and they are working very hard to make the game better for everyone.
TaleWorlds is not a perfect company. I agree. And ı am sure that they know what their off-points are. But at least it seems that they figured those mistakes out and started to work and improve and fix them. And even though some of the fans are so much angry with something about the game or TaleWorlds those guys needs to atleast RESPECT that TW are trying. They are not obligated to do anything to be honest. Did we bought the game that is in development right now? Nope. 
But they know about the community and it's hard burden to carry on.
So some of the people who are really pissed right now just needs to relax.
I dont want to raise fingers but i really think that this much of a discontent is really hazardous for all of us. .

Well i am pleased with the quality of what I saw. They obviously aren't **** around. We can see significant progress with each new video. This is Armagans game, this is the reason they broke up with Paradox, so they can make the game they want on their own terms and in the quality they want, not half of us spoiled brats deserve it.

Show your disappointment for lack of a release date but please quit acting entitled to it.

We should be happy that they arent releasing a garbage half baked early access game or a ****ty ubisoft game. Despite everyones *****ing.

Kaiji said:
VictorF said:
6 years in the making and no idea of when it's going to come out doesn't sound like an organized and professional development model.

It sounds like a poorly organized group of amateurs. These guys are clearly lost and confused without Paradox holding them to deadlines.

All that talk about being determined to "get the game in our hands as soon as possible" at the E3 before this one was just flat out patronizing lies, akin to patting a dog on the head.

We all know the game is in a playable state. You've said yourselves it's basically complete and just needing final polish. Put the damn thing in Early Access so the modders can start fixing it like they do with everything else you guys release.

Easily the most ignorant, casually oblivious gaming company I've ever experienced in several decades of gaming.
This ignorant, casually oblvious gaming company made a medieval RPG so good that other companies started copying it.
You're just another overly dramatic 12yo who's mad because a presentation didnt meet his expectations. They will release a great game once its finished They clearly learned from Viking Conquest and now you're punishing them for it? Get the **** out of here, go to the Steam Forum cancer to put your stupid nonsense complaints.
Keep working Taleworlds, the grown ups are proud of you :smile:

well by that interview armagan is basically saying that if they release now it will have negative feedback surely even on early access...

Not a good sign surely... maybe not a sign at all... but maybe bad or reasonable... or it could be extremely bad. Who can tell.

All in all i think the game will be great. BUT its clear that taleworlds didnt have a good plan when they started making the game and that is showing on the delay plus the indecisiveness, reworking core features and what not. If they had started on 2011 or something more professionaly it would be released already. I guess because of the nature of warband and the first mount and blade taleworlds didnt learn much on the actual making new games from the ground up professionaly with a big team so this is their first try.

We can be sure the next after bannerlord will be a piece of cake and easy ride development..... They need some outside hires to organize them... polish guys from cd projekt red esque

Meanwhile ...
l3D0AKb.jpg

Wulfburk said:
well by that interview armagan is basically saying that if they release now it will have negative feedback surely even on early access...
No, he didn't, he literally says they're making the finishing touches, and they will release it once they're happy with it. He literally said that. Not a word about early access. Maybe the game is great but they still want to fix some things, like that bad clipping in the armour.

Sasquatch_Punter said:
Doesn't the Turkish government subsidize Taleworlds? How does that work? Maybe it's encouraging Armagan to drag out development?
From what I understand, Taleworlds gets funding from some Turkish gov initiative to spur domestic video game/entertainment media industry growth, and Taleworlds has been to talks and conferences and such for domestic game development. No idea how much they're paid or what specifically they have to do to remain eligible for it, a Turkish forumite would probably know more.

The speculations about Gov. funding came from one minister's two different visits to Taleworlds, it could be just normal visit and there could be no funding or whatsoever. Or maybe there is a funding (but there is no proof) and minister wanted to see where does the money go. We don't actually know anything about this, and TW didn't make any talk about that before afaik.

Nymeris said:
Wulfburk said:
No, he didn't, he literally says they're making the finishing touches, and they will release it once they're happy with it. He literally said that. Not a word about early access. Maybe the game is great but they still want to fix some things, like that bad clipping in the armour.

being happy with it is different than saying when we are sure it wont get negative feedback. And that is what he literally said.

Yeah nothing about early access tho.

Nymeris said:
Kaiji said:
VictorF said:

This ignorant, casually oblvious gaming company made a medieval RPG so good that other companies started copying it.
You're just another overly dramatic 12yo who's mad because a presentation didnt meet his expectations. They will release a great game once its finished They clearly learned from Viking Conquest and now you're punishing them for it? Get the **** out of here, go to the Steam Forum cancer to put your stupid nonsense complaints.
Keep working Taleworlds, the grown ups are proud of you :smile:

Yes, I'm a 12 year old who's been gaming for several decades. It seems you were so excited about trashing my opinion by resorting to embarrassingly unoriginal schoolyard insults that you forgot how to understand English.

And I'm not disappointed by the "presentation". It's precisely what I expected from Taleworlds: Very little.

They need to stop lying through their teeth about being determined to get the game in our hands and just release the damn thing. It's playable, so let us play it. Let the modders get started on reworking Taleworld's bad design decisions instead of waiting several more months to get this essential process started.

There is one poll in reddit about would you whether prefer to play DEMO or not, poll's strawpoll url is; http://www.strawpoll.me/13193843

In my opinion, this would be cool to try demo by ourselves, i don't know the technical possibilities of this by taleworlds side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom