Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dest45 said:
Don't really care if the armour is realistic or hollywood. Hollywood armour looks better as long as its still semi realistic. Real armour looks like poop

How can you say that when "real armor" encompasses several hundred years' worth of continual development and boatloads of different styles among the cultures of the era. Are you just referring to one particular type like full plate armor?

Dear God ... please make TaleWorlds great again ...
lTxW08g.jpg

Meh, they already have a forum for such things.

^this.

What is the point of this OFFICIAL forum ?
I don't understand TW, A LOT of game dev would die for a community so hyped by their games, but it seems they don't give a ****, that's outrageous.

Wow I just went on the steam forum, **** hit the fan really bad there. People going ape****, I mean, more than usual on this kind of place.

If even press is starting to taunt TW about the time it takes to release the game, it means they don't have more info than us, which might be bad for TW. If they don't have the press on their side, I fear it could harm their sales when the game finally releases :mad:
I just hope that by trying to avoid what they feared, they didn't cause it !

Kehlian said:
Wow I just went on the steam forum, **** hit the fan really bad there. People going ape****, I mean, more than usual on this kind of place.

If even press is starting to taunt TW about the time it takes to release the game, it means they don't have more info than us, which might be bad for TW. If they don't have the press on their side, I fear it could harm their sales when the game finally releases :mad:
I just hope that by trying to avoid what they feared, they didn't cause it !

"look at his fingers during the interview, his fingers are twitching norse code telling us the release date go look for urself" - Steam comment, 2017

We are all hungry for a release date, but I feel considerably enthusiastic about what I ve seen in this E3. The sergeant mode and improvements on battle tactics are encouraging for what I hope to be created in this game. Tosay, we have to ask ourselves " what I want from Bannerlord? Only a polished version of Warband with any improvement in tactics and commerce, modern graphics, great numbers in battles, bigger cities, better dialogues, better character customization? No. I think we all want a revolutionary wargame. Something that EA and Paradox and others have never created, the game of our dreams  where immersion, epicness and freedom are perfectly combined. So we need something more. I  strongly suggest a change in the grand strategy sysyem of the game. I mean, if I rank up the hierarchy in a faction, I can' t do all that I want. This is not realistic. If I am a sergeant in command of 50 men (we suppose it as a brigade) I have to follow my commander, that leads 300 men (example). If I am a lord I Can lead 300 men but I have to follow orders from my superior (Commander of the army) that leads 1000 men. If I lead 1000 men I can deal with the king, I can contribute to macrostrategy during a campaign (for example I can vote to choose how many forces on western or northern front, what city to conquer for first etc). I cannot always be free to roam during a campaign (I Can't go home or feast during Summer and Spring when I'm at war). Things change when I am a merchan, t a thief or a mercenary . This is immersion.  Things also could  change  according to faction. Maybe Battanians or Aserai for example could act in  a more tribal way, with less rigid hierarchy, more self recruitment and so on . I really Hope TW has some of these things in mind. Hopefully they Will create a different interface (for example in a campaign if I am a lord disposed on the X front I can move only in a precise region, maybe I have to synchronize my actions with other parties against a particular city or army or directly join a bigger amy. If I leave the front without a valid reason I become a fugitive, lose reputation and so on). If TW works seriously on it I'm glad to wait two years more for the game to be released. If game comes out next year without any of these "concepts", well, after a couple of months of "OMG!" a Lord of the rings mod is all I will waiting for...as a famous italian songwriter would say...waiting for winter to wonder about a new summer....hope to read a lot of opinions about these ideas..

Nah, sorry guys. Just gotta say it: even trying to read the game discussion is bothering me a bit a now.

"We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either."

That's Armagan. After 6 years. After Lust said it would probably be done by the end of 2016. If the highest ranking person on TW says he doesn't have any idea of when they are gonna release the game, well, it still won't happen for a really long time. Not this year for sure. Am I the only one that thinks this kind of sentence normaly belongs to the very begining of the development process? 6 years in the making and no idea of when it's going to come out doesn't sound like an organized and professional development model.

It's not coming out this year. Either that or Armagan is lying. And I see no reason for that sort of lie at this point, not for the long term bennefit of TW at least.

I believe it's time to forget about bannerlord for a good 12 months.

VictorF said:
Am I the only one that thinks this kind of sentence normaly belongs to the very begining of the development process? 6 years in the making and no idea of when it's going to come out doesn't sound like an organized and professional development model.
I knew they were also developing their own game engine in that time. I'm used to wait, they are not making an Assassin's Creed game which is developed in 1 year after another AC game relased. Armağan said they will release the game when they became sure about they won't take negative feedbacks from players.

VictorF said:
6 years in the making and no idea of when it's going to come out doesn't sound like an organized and professional development model.

It sounds like a poorly organized group of amateurs. These guys are clearly lost and confused without Paradox holding them to deadlines.

All that talk about being determined to "get the game in our hands as soon as possible" at the E3 before this one was just flat out patronizing lies, akin to patting a dog on the head.

We all know the game is in a playable state. You've said yourselves it's basically complete and just needing final polish. Put the damn thing in Early Access so the modders can start fixing it like they do with everything else you guys release.

Easily the most ignorant, casually oblivious gaming company I've ever experienced in several decades of gaming.

Tiags Luvianne Versorium said:
Armağan said they will release the game when they became sure about they won't take negative feedbacks from players.

In order to be sure about that, they should be open and honest about their game. If they keep hiding the game, then they will never be sure about community's possible reaction. It could make more sense if they even share their "opinions" for some features and ask them to the community, and implement them after the feedback.

This kind of progress would have been take so much time, but they dont have to ask main fighting mechanics, but diplomacy/multiplayer features could be asked and then they will be sure about they won't take negative feedbacks from players.

Again, if they keep this silence, they will never became sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom