Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
Gab-AG. said:
redwood36 said:
Re Banners, it's probably more of a cpu load thing. If you had to choose between twice as many troops vs half as many but with banners which might you go for? They seem to be unable to answer the question of how many troops on the field at a time is their intended goal.

I highly doubt that is the reason.

Why not? Unless they've managed to get the GPU to handle collision (not common for game engines from what I know), having hundreds of fully dynamic banners would mean the CPU would have to calculate their appearance. Not an ideal task for the CPU, and there would be no way of scaling it as if it were a GPU task.

First of all a couple banners would be enough in my opinion, now, even if they were ten, I doubt the dynamic cloth would have any significant impact.

Ebdanian Admiral said:
JuanNieve said:
I would like them to add some plate armor, even if it does not coincide with the historical period

Please no. It ruins multiplayer

All you've really gotta do is make blunt weapons and crossbows really effective against heavy armor. Force people to pick their battles and vary their loadout. So its not just grab a sword and hack at anything.

Do you guys have any idea what this place might be?
http://i.imgur.com/53ndf4h.jpg
53ndf4h.jpg

Btw look at this huge colosseum in the background. Imagine a tournament in one of those  :shock: That looks massive compared to anything else.
https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/Blog/mb106-s.jpg
mb106-s.jpg

Now that raises a question... Could we have a more varied array of tournaments for different factions? I could imagine the Aserai,
Khuzaits and Vlandians being more focused on equestrian demonstrations of skill while the Battanians and Sturgians favour melee and the imperial factions have their own sports centered around the coliseum and the hippodrome.

Yabloko said:
Now that raises a question... Could we have a more varied array of tournaments for different factions? I could imagine the Aserai,
Khuzaits and Vlandians being more focused on equestrian demonstrations of skill while the Battanians and Sturgians favour melee and the imperial factions have their own sports centered around the coliseum and the hippodrome.
I would assume for Khuzait that you would have to hit a small target at a pretty far distance.Or shooting an arrow into a small ring from very far. Stuff like that

Sasquatch_Punter said:
AmateurHetman said:
Issue I have with the PC gamer screens, that I've just noticed, is that some of them don't seem like the latest build/version of the game.
In the latest siege gameplay we saw the colour of the banner being displayed on troop's armour/clothing. However these screens show a lot of armour with what I assume to be the default white.

Yeah. Because maybe the banner is white.  :facepalm:

No, because the orange banner is on their shields for example..

Don't you guys think that they would save that for later, towards release. Or, what I like to think:

Maybe (hopefully) they are going to allow custom banners in some form of way, and they are just using a plain color place holder  :party:

I imagine a banner option will be in there so you can tell who your troops are in SP, if nothing else. I'm also going to guess that the devs might have them turned off (something you can do in MaB) to make more "cinematic" screenshots.

Dest45 said:
UndeadDuke said:
Rake said:
Now I just have to hope for a bit more MP info lol
I hope we will be able to take our revenge on autoblockers in board games MP where they cannot cheat  :fruity:
this. Its gotten ridiculous in Warband
Well there is an easy way of cheating in Chess. Hopefully other board games are gonna be fun and interesting

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Well there is an easy way of cheating in Chess.

wait what?

anyway chess as we know it didn't exist in the game base era. I wonder if the devs would use a earlier form of the game and create a boarding game we have no idea how to play  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Well there is an easy way of cheating in Chess.

wait what?

anyway chess as we know it didn't exist in the game base era. I wonder if the devs would use a earlier form of the game and create a boarding game we have no idea how to play  :mrgreen:
Well I am not gonna tell people how to cheat and be banned :razz:
The ones they showed so far are very strange to me.
They said there would be 6 different cultures with their own games. Maybe 6 different games + chess. So everybody plays chess (So we can play it with lords) and different cultures have their own board games.

The games we know of so far :
P8pzAju.png
NYcnGZU.png
If anybody knows what games these are , please tell so we can master them :grin:

Mm, about the tournament system, if you read the article it says she's in a team and she progress until the end she fights 1vs1. It kinda looks like its going to be the same repetitive thing with better rewards.

This is all speculative but if this is how its implemented it would be very dissapointing

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Btw look at this huge colosseum in the background. Imagine a tournament in one of those  :shock: That looks massive compared to anything else.
https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/Blog/mb106-s.jpg
mb106-s.jpg

Anyways its nice to have an actual tournament place to see rather than just a big door with a ****ty sign above it

It would be nice to have tournaments with various events. Like 1v1 melee event, archery event, team melee event, jousting in vlandia and maybe even board game events too. They should be accompanied by feasts which isn't anything new. I hope there are some sort of annual celebrations/traditions/festivals too especially for the little peasant villages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom