Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LonelyStep said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I am living in Turkey/İstanbul and the best internet I can get in my area is 800Kb/Sec Which then goes down to 300Kb/Sec after I download 100Gb data. Even I am not complaining with the size of the game. C'mon guys few days ago I downloaded Planet Earth that was 48 Gb .

With Bannerlord I am either gonna buy it boxed physical or just download it. Who ever has bad internet like me should go and complain to their ISPs not to Taleworlds. They just provide product like any other. While it is ours ISPs job to provide better internet...

And this is a major reason why pre-loading of games is such a good and important thing. Here's hoping TaleWorlds offers that with this, no matter what the final size is.
If they go down the route of "pre ordering" I think steam automatically gives access to download 1 week prior to release. It also probably requires the permission of the company tho I am sure taleworlds will allow us to download it prior to release.

Rungsted93 said:
Guys this is 2016... People should have Internet by now that can manage to download 40gb within a few hours... I have a basic 4G router and i download with 7-8 mb/s

A lot of people have a data limit too sadly. When I had bad internet, i would take a portable hard drive to my community college and use theirs in-between classes.

*Just realized I had a forums account I made two years back, been lurking on forums till now.*

My internet is pretty good when comparing to your guys where I live, running at around 50mb download. Only thing is that my computer can hardly run directx9 except on single player, mp I'm stuck at directx7 in order to not lag out. Since Bannerlord is going to be running on directx9/11 I'm going to have to upgrade in order to play mp:sad:

Well, I Can run warband, just not warband on directx9 when on multiplayer servers very well. Single player is perfectly fine on good settings on directx9.

Docm30 said:
I shouldn't be doing this and I could get in a lot of trouble, but here's an exclusive screenshot I managed to get out of the beta. The graphics are even better than what you've seen.

bannerlord.jpg
It's a Mount and Blade v.0.903?

Ki-Ok Khan said:
I am living in Turkey/İstanbul and the best internet I can get in my area is 800Kb/Sec Which then goes down to 300Kb/Sec after I download 100Gb data.
Oh man, sad i can't give you little bit from my internet speed.  :sad:
5731288158.png

semigall said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I am living in Turkey/İstanbul and the best internet I can get in my area is 800Kb/Sec Which then goes down to 300Kb/Sec after I download 100Gb data.
Oh man, sad i can't give you little bit from my internet speed.  :sad:
5731288158.png
Thanks for the thoughts ! :grin:
5731438318.png

I was the first to mention the size of the download in this thread. I was surprised at it, but I wasn't complaining, though my internet is generally slow and often cuts out since a Windows 10 update a few weeks ago. I intend to get a boxed copy, though if the game is actually a full 40gb, then there would need to be quite a few DVDs for them to actually contain the game! The silly thing with Warband was that the game could easily have fitted onto one DVD, but by default the boxed copy started downloading the game from Steam; it wasn't on the DVD. I expect the same to happen with Bannerlord, but ideally I would actually be able to install the game without downloading anything but patches.

Guys, what about the aging system? Will we get older with the advancing of time, and sometime continue playing as our son or daughter?

joei160. said:
Guys, what about the aging system? Will we get older with the advancing of time, and sometime continue playing as our son or daughter?
If they add that feature, they will remove age from character customization, as we could revert it continously, so it's a useless feature and annoying afterall.

TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:
If they add that feature, they will remove age from character customization, as we could revert it continously, so it's a useless feature and annoying afterall.

Lol what? They could just place barbers for in-game changing of hair/beard cutting and maintain aging system! We customize our character when we start a new game, then we are only able to cut hair, not to make him old or change his face.

TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

You don't remember that in original Mount & Blade you could continuously change your character's age and then revert it again? Honestly I did that to make him grow older as I continued along with my campaign. I liked imagining that I was following an epic of a single man's life and would love if that is done automatically for me now in this new one.

joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

Lol what? They could just place barbers for in-game changing of hair/beard cutting and maintain aging system! We customize our character when we start a new game, then we are only able to cut hair, not to make him old or change his face.
It would be a really annoying feature.
Players that got like, 500 one-handed proficiency will need to do all that work AGAIN.
And one of my favorite parts of M&B was that you could radically change your face in the middle of a battle.
Now thats calradian wonders.

LonelyStep said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

You don't remember that in original Mount & Blade you could continuously change your character's age and then revert it again? Honestly I did that to make him grow older as I continued along with my campaign. I liked imagining that I was following an epic of a single man's life and would love if that is done automatically for me now in this new one.
Pretty much this, tough.
You can 'age' your character in-game.

TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

Players that got like, 500 one-handed proficiency will need to do all that work AGAIN.
And one of my favorite parts of M&B was that you could radically change your face in the middle of a battle.

Well, have you heard of Crusader Kings II??????????? People get old and die, this is it. I would love to make a legacy with a family, not a single man or woman.
So Taleworlds have stated clearly that they wont make this aging system?

joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

Well, have you heard of Crusader Kings II??????????? People get old and die, this is it. I would love to make a legacy with a family, not a single man or woman.
Oh i have, but MB and CK are different games.
'More of the same', that is pretty much Bannerlord.

TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:
TheGreatGold said:
joei160. said:

Oh i have, but MB and CK are different games.
'More of the same', that is pretty much Bannerlord.

Of course they are completely different games, of course! My position is that dying can be part of the game. Succession would make the game much more interesting, strategical and immersive. You start as a commoner and in three years you have created a kingdom from ashes? It would be much more authentical if you, as a commoner, at least became a baron or a count, then your son got a Duchy, your grandson started a rebellion or conquered much land and then he got sufficient resources to rebel against his kingdom and rally the nobility to his side.

This is possible, could be great for Bannerlord and is pretty much innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom