Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still like to see the features tab on the website filled out though. Despite the steam page, when I really think about it, I still don't know much about a lot of game features. But I will admit, it got me a little hyped for the game.

Icey said:
A few disabled people would just make it more realistic.
My thoughts exactly.

Looks like the Bannerlord fund I have been collecting for the past couple of years is finally going to be of use!  :grin:

RoboSenshi said:
I'd still like to see the features tab on the website filled out though. Despite the steam page, when I really think about it, I still don't know much about a lot of game features. But I will admit, it got me a little hyped for the game.
Very true.
Atleast for me, the steam page gives a new hope that we will soon see a beta (or to be VERY optimistic - an early access) in a few months. I am not sure this year would be very realistic (Not even 3 full months remaining), probably Q1-Q2 of 2017 might be more likely.

RoboSenshi said:
I still don't know much about a lot of game features.

they will keep you in suspense ... its a surprise

j/k aside a game like Bannerlords needs a freaking book/wiki to describe features. They gave a general purpose description for the Steam Page: its a strategy+rpg hybrid, diplomacy, love modding, cool sieges and sandbox campaign... pretty much what a Warband players expects

Looking at the steam store page, someone new to the series would probably get the impression Bannerlord is a very siege-centric game  :grin:. They should probably get some pics/videos of thunderous cavalry charges up there!

@reiksmarshal, chill out. It'd be a nice feature but acting like an dickhead isn't going to persuade them.

kraggrim said:
Looking at the steam store page, someone new to the series would probably get the impression Bannerlord is a very siege-centric game  :grin:. They should probably get some pics/videos of thunderous cavalry charges up there!

@reiksmarshal, chill out. It'd be a nice feature but acting like an dickhead isn't going to persuade them.
Looking at the "discussions" page it is beyond me how some people can think that Bannerlord is just Warband with little graphic improvement..And these people are not new to the series. I guess they did not bother looking at the screen shots and videos that have come up so far.
And some people complain about the size of the game lol  :smile:
I guess what ever you do there is gonna be some people who cant be satisfied or just simply wants attention.

Ki-Ok Khan said:

most complainers on this have horrible internet. Either very slow (would take a week or more to download) or limited volume per month (so they would have to pay extra).  What they don't realize is that TW has nothing to do with that, and that they have plenty of alternatives (like asking a friend to download it and send a few DVDs with the game for installation) :XD

kraggrim said:
Looking at the steam store page, someone new to the series would probably get the impression Bannerlord is a very siege-centric game

LOL so true, 3 videos, all for siege. 4/6 screens too.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Looking at the "discussions" page

That page is going more crazy than this thread. I did not think that was possible. I was wrong  :razz:

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

most complainers on this have horrible internet.

Source? Personally I don't have much space on my hard drive since its a family/work computer.

Even if your statement is true, having bad internet is often a regional phenomenon and very few people can easily call up friends who have faster internet. Every so often my internet tanks to unusable levels, and having to install multi-gigabyte games is an unavoidable nuisance that can take days.

jacobhinds said:
Even if your statement is true, having bad internet is often a regional phenomenon and very few people can easily call up friends who have faster internet. Every so often my internet tanks to unusable levels, and having to install multi-gigabyte games is an unavoidable nuisance that can take days.

In both case, complaining about it doesnt make sense. I mean a person can have bad internet, or may not have enough space in hard drive. It is not gaming company's business though. It is the problem that player should fix it by himself/herself.

jacobhinds said:

read the complains. For example, the one above this post  :razz:

Even if your statement is true, having bad internet is often a regional phenomenon
You can pay someone from another country to mail you in 1-2 days if the connection is soo bad that would take days. Or use social media (like Facebook) and meet people around you. Or just wait the 1 week.

I still remember the late 90s when I was still using dial connection. It would take 1 week, only at night for free call, to download 600 MB.  :iamamoron:

Glad that is behind me. Currently I have 50 Mbps.

jacobhinds said:
Every so often my internet tanks to unusable levels

One thing to ask Steam/TW is for a pre-download (get 99% of the game 1 week before launch).

jacobhinds said:
Source? Personally I don't have much space on my hard drive since its a family/work computer.

That is heresy. Nothing is more important than Bannerlord. Delete all the cat gifts and pics  :razz:

1TB has being common for years on PCs, and even laptops should have 250MB+.

A option is to buy a external HD (if your computer supports a fast connection)

jacobhinds said:
kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

most complainers on this have horrible internet.

Some of us can't afford 100 MbPS internet, I have Wow and a pretty ****ty router. It can take ~4-5 hours for a 10GB game, and during tha time, all the bandwidth is being used, so nobody else can do anything.

TheGreatGold said:
The 40GB is pretty much uncompressed audio, and i suppose TW will compress it.

I don't think anyone expects the 40GB number, which is just a placeholder at this point, to be at the same time the download and installation size.

Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, which are big recent RPGs, were roughly 30GB download (not counting DLCs and patchs).

Installed my Witcher 3 takes 50GB (but that includes all DLCs), while Fallout is 35GB (again with all DLCs)

I had to download Adorno's SAVAGE for vanilla M&B with dial connection. That was pretty terrible experience, even if it was only some 250 Mb or so.

Good thing later that year we got finally a proper connection set up, I'd probably have a little heart attack upon seeing couple of gigabytes of patch to download after buying boxed version of Empire: Total War otherwise.

With bad internet, of course it would suck to download 40GB of data, but for the rest, it is pretty common nowadays that a game takes up 40GB HDD space.

This is not Warband we are talking about (which takes up around 800MB without DLC or mods, 800MB, lol).

Rungsted93 said:
Guys this is 2016... People should have Internet by now that can manage to download 40gb within a few hours... I have a basic 4G router and i download with 7-8 mb/s
Mega bytes or mega bits? 
BIG difference.
This is why capitalization is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom