Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaga said:
Captain Lust
It is necessary to remove the restriction on the number of prisoners.
And instead of slave traders in the taverns it is necessary to make the slave markets. Several markets with different vendors and different prices.
Clarify - several traders at different price in each market!

Its not necessary.

Yaga said:
Captain Lust
It is necessary to remove the restriction on the number of prisoners.
And instead of slave traders in the taverns it is necessary to make the slave markets. Several markets with different vendors and different prices.
Clarify - several traders at different price in each market!

Care to explain why this is necessary?

ToyBoat said:
what should we change the name of this thread to?

a) Amateur Historian Hour: Peasant Quality-of-Life Edition
b) Đяαкøℵ's terrible posts compilation thread
c) "Did you hear what happened in Turkey?"

vote now
d)ToyBoat being autistic thread

Do you think it would be possible to have some of the legendary mod creators get access to some of the development tools a month or two before full release? In Xcom2 the people who had made the Long War mod were given the ability to have some mods available for release. They were mostly smaller changes, but all of them were great; it gave an example of how the modding would work for future creators.

They made 2-3 seperate mods including adding a weapon (SMG), adding a new enemy unit (Muton Elite), and then some gameplay changes by adding new mechanics through the squad leader system. Depending on how Bannerlord works (iirc something about being able to cherry pick mods you want), we could see a similar setup the X2 Launcher. I can't remember where I heard something about the cherry picking of mods, and I'm normally quite good at remembering all the released Bannerlord news. I will try  to find some reference.

Even if the mods work in a manner similar to warband where they are in prepackaged modules it would still be interesting to have some talented modders from the community giving an example of the extent the new modding tools and engine can go.

EDIT: Here's the quote for multiple mods in a spoiler

"The new engine that we have is so much easier to work with for modders," says Taleworlds founder Armağan Yavuz. "We have things like the terrain editor, the scene editor, etc. Those are much improved. They will give greater tools for modders. Also, our scripting system is now using .NET, so players will be able to write in C#. It is going to be much easier for them to create mods."

Bannerlord's engine will give modders more flexibility and options, and also improves things for the players who want to use mods.

"We'll be supporting multiple mods together," says Yavuz, "so players will be able to cherry pick the mods that they want, and they'll be able to use them altogether to exactly customise the experience that they want."

"If, for example, one changes the user interface and another edits some items and another is some political thing, players will be able to combine those and play their dream game."

Link reference: PC gamer article http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-will-support-multiple-mods-at-once/

Wait a second, was this just a productive post in the Bannerlord thread? Someone quickly burn down the thread before it becomes a common-place practice!

SmurfInHell said:
Do you think it would be possible to have some of the legendary mod creators get access to some of the development tools a month or two before full release? In Xcom2 the people who had made the Long War mod were given the ability to have some mods available for release. They were mostly smaller changes, but all of them were great; it gave an example of how the modding would work for future creators.

They made 2-3 seperate mods including adding a weapon (SMG), adding a new enemy unit (Muton Elite), and then some gameplay changes by adding new mechanics through the squad leader system. Depending on how Bannerlord works (iirc something about being able to cherry pick mods you want), we could see a similar setup the X2 Launcher. I can't remember where I heard something about the cherry picking of mods, and I'm normally quite good at remembering all the released Bannerlord news. I will try  to find some reference.

Even if the mods work in a manner similar to warband where they are in prepackaged modules it would still be interesting to have some talented modders from the community giving an example of the extent the new modding tools and engine can go.

"The new engine that we have is so much easier to work with for modders," says Taleworlds founder Armağan Yavuz. "We have things like the terrain editor, the scene editor, etc. Those are much improved. They will give greater tools for modders. Also, our scripting system is now using .NET, so players will be able to write in C#. It is going to be much easier for them to create mods."

Bannerlord's engine will give modders more flexibility and options, and also improves things for the players who want to use mods.

"We'll be supporting multiple mods together," says Yavuz, "so players will be able to cherry pick the mods that they want, and they'll be able to use them altogether to exactly customise the experience that they want."

"If, for example, one changes the user interface and another edits some items and another is some political thing, players will be able to combine those and play their dream game."

Link reference: PC gamer article http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-will-support-multiple-mods-at-once/

Wait a second, was this just a productive post in the Bannerlord thread? Someone quickly burn down the thread before it becomes a common-place practice!

It is, without a doubt possible. Although unlikely.

Actually, this bickering brings up another point. How will inter-lord relations work with the NPCs? In warband we somewhat saw how two lords would have a dispute (via quests) and we were sent to try and settle the difference. Normally over gold. Will it be possible that if two lords begin to hate each other so much that they attempt to send assassinations after the other lord, or maybe attempt to undermine them by paying off bandits to raid the other lord's villages? Maybe frame them for treason and have them indicted from the faction or so forth?

It would be interesting to see how even in your own faction people who have completely oppositive views attempt to push themselves ahead, or the other lord under, due to such polarizing sets of view.

From a King's perspective you could attempt to gain a bunch of like minded vassals, but you would always have less than other kingdoms who tolerate the various personalities together. You'd be trading quality of life for quantity of troops overall. Though if you do attempt to keep such a massive empire with vassals of all kinds you may be, militarily, the powerhouse, but you will have to deal with constant internal struggles between your own lords disagreeing with one another.

SmurfInHell said:
Actually, this bickering brings up another point. How will inter-lord relations work with the NPCs? In warband we somewhat saw how two lords would have a dispute (via quests) and we were sent to try and settle the difference. Normally over gold. Will it be possible that if two lords begin to hate each other so much that they attempt to send assassinations after the other lord, or maybe attempt to undermine them by paying off bandits to raid the other lord's villages? Maybe frame them for treason and have them indicted from the faction or so forth?

It would be interesting to see how even in your own faction people who have completely oppositive views attempt to push themselves ahead, or the other lord under, due to such polarizing sets of view.

From a King's perspective you could attempt to gain a bunch of like minded vassals, but you would always have less than other kingdoms who tolerate the various personalities together. You'd be trading quality of life for quantity of troops overall. Though if you do attempt to keep such a massive empire with vassals of all kinds you may be, militarily, the powerhouse, but you will have to deal with constant internal struggles between your own lords disagreeing with one another.

So like how it works with companions already? That'd be neat. Could also be the main motivation for when Lords abandon their kingdom to join another. Could make for cool situations where your most trusted Lord was a turncoat, joined the other side, and now you had to hunt him down.
Which also brings to mind I hope that Lord's have a better memory. How cool would it be if when they meet you on the battlefield they call out specific incidents in the past that you did to offend them, sort of like Shadow of Mordor.

LonelyStep said:
So like how it works with companions already? That'd be neat. Could also be the main motivation for when Lords abandon their kingdom to join another. Could make for cool situations where your most trusted Lord was a turncoat, joined the other side, and now you had to hunt him down.
Which also brings to mind I hope that Lord's have a better memory. How cool would it be if when they meet you on the battlefield they call out specific incidents in the past that you did to offend them, sort of like Shadow of Mordor.

Yea, kind of like companions. Except companions didn't send cutthroats to kill off the other party member companions, or raid their non-existant fiefs, ETC. Seriously though I get what you mean, the companions have a similar setup, you would just put that kind of framework into the setting of people in power with the ability to take actions against others as they are independent from one another. If an assassination or ETC fails maybe have a chance at the lord who was attacked finding a note on them or ETC to realize who paid them off. Could cause serious repercussions for a lord if he gets found attempting to frame a friendly lord for treason.

Shadow of Mordor did a great job with their nemesis system. I agree on the aspect of having lords remember more than just "eh that battle!" though that is a good start.

SmurfInHell said:

Wasn't there a more recent instance where they said they were trying to implement mod cherry-picking, implying it wasn't actually confirmed? Think it was sometime before E3, but after the RPS interview. Might have been a translation issue or something though.
I think Captain Lust said they were considering giving modding tools ahead of release, but seemed rather hesitant when saying so.

EDit: They said the AI can stage prison rescues now, could be lord's companions will be the ones doing it.

The lords already have their preferences, don't they? On numerous occasions I was scolded by this or that lord because I saved their enemy. Hopefully Bannerlord will emphasize on that. That's what worries me in that new influence-currency thingy. There's perfectly tangled web of relationships not only between player and NPCs (which allows to order around people who support you anyway), but also between NPCs themselves as well in place. Hopefully they're not ditching this.

Since they confirmed that lords will no longer be immortals, will that be the same for our companions? I mean, there are 80 of them after all. This large number implies that they can possibly die on the battlefield.

EDIT: Also, will lords be killable only in battles your character is directly involved? Or they can also lose their life in encounters that have nothing to do with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom