Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAngleland

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
Well, I'm disappointed we didn't get more than two videos (including the trailer, which was very similar to the actual gameplay vid), but as soon as it was known the segment at E3 was going to be just 15 minutes long it seemed likely that the siege video would be the only one shown. Perhaps people would be less disappointed if Taleworlds hadn't so rapidly put the siege video on Youtube after their PC Gaming event slot? I don't think they've ever put a video up that fast, and it meant we didn't have to wait until the E3 slot for the full screen viewing of it, but they got nothing but grief for it in the end!

I certainly hope we'll get more information and/or screenshots in a blog very soon; maybe they had planned to show more but didn't know how limited the time would be. In terms of information, there were only details that the video told us- about what catapults could destroy, that there would be ballistas, fire pots and rocks dropped from murder holes, siege equipment can be set on fire, defenders retreat to the keep once the walls are lost. All this was fantastic to see. Also, of course, we saw how siege equipment can be deployed by the attacker. Other than that we saw in action for the first time things that we already knew would be in the game- arrows and javelins bouncing off stone walls for example. It was great to see this, but I was hoping for some more info on the game. Maybe that isn't really possible at events like this where they have to go through the basic introduction to the series every time, but they could put it in a blog or a press release.

N.B. The extended siege video has 438,967 views since Monday. Granted, 967 of those are attributable to me, but it is still getting a lot of interest.

aekilju

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the view count. Nearly half a million views and it hasn't even been four days since it was posted. I hope Bannerlord becomes so popular that they never have to waste time answering questions like "So, what is Mount & Blade?" ever again.

Yabloko

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Lumos said:
I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.

It was the E3 though. Who wouldn't have expected something big? And you're here as well, which means you've checked the thread for more info... Just as guilty as the rest.

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWVC
Louis said:
Our only good well is the group of no english game magazines, whose Bloc translates as if he was a messenger from the Talewords universe to ours. Bloc is jesus.
Oh my, Bloc you are truly Jesus.
Hey, know whats funny? Devblog will come out just in August
That's one of my issues as well. Most other upcoming games have a ton of info readily available and easily accessible. However, we have to go so far as to look for articles in other languages just to get any scrap of new info. By info, I don't even mean videos or blogs per se. I just want information on some game mechanics or the game in general. For example:
How does aging work?
Is their any form of lineage or succession? (Yes or no, just to end the speculation)
Is recruitment and upgrading the same as warband?
What new political mechanics have been added?
Is ruling a faction/coming to power the same as warband? How does that work?
What else does seasons affect?
Are companions all recruited from taverns?
Etc.
I don't think it's unfair to ask for answers to these for a game set to be "released" within about 5 months.

Lumos said:
I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.

That's not very fair to say. I'm down about it because it was just simply said that we were getting this type of information. Not sure if anyone else felt that same way to it.

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Lord Brutus said:
reiksmarshal said:
Any mention yet of boats and naval warfare? I hope they are part of bannerlord and work similar to how they did in Viking Conquest where you can own boats and customize them.
You can answer this question yourself.  Think about it for a minute.

I would like to believe yes there will be naval warefare, but at the same time we can't even get a dude in the ranks holding a banner.

tansvanio

Sergeant Knight at Arms
NWM&BWBWF&S
If the game is to be released in 2016 isnt it starting to be a little late to announce the release date? Are they planning to announce 2 weeks before it releases?

Lumos

Archduke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
Yabloko said:
Lumos said:
It was the E3 though. Who wouldn't have expected something big? And you're here as well, which means you've checked the thread for more info... Just as guilty as the rest.
- I'm a fan of the "Show unread replies" button;
- I didn't say one shouldn't follow the bantz in the thread. But staying 'till 2-3 o'clock only to be let down is pointless. The information - or lack thereof - will be readily available in the morning too. We've had years to see how little tends to be disclosed, ergo why'd one assume the opposite? Sure, it's E3, but the slot was only 15 minutes long. Not a lot of time, and definitely not enough for any ground-breaking revelations.

K.A.

Sergeant at Arms
WBWF&SVC
tansvanio said:
If the game is to be released in 2016 isnt it starting to be a little late to announce the release date? Are they planning to announce 2 weeks before it releases?
Yes, with taleworlds is possible. But i bet we'll get trolled by another soonTM.

Well, at least that addresses one thing I wasn't happy with: the fact that in the interviews, they just kept repeating the same **** about what M&B is and modding that we heard at the PCG Weekender.

LonelyStep said:
Hey look at that, Captain Lust just addressed the concerns about how much was shown:
https://twitter.com/captainlust

As far as I can get it, the pace of the interviews will start with the usual long phrases such as "M&B is this and that", and then at the end we'll get some bones about Bannerlord. I can't say I'm disappointed, because the siege video actually revealed a lot of what I wanted to see, but for God's sake, why do you have to promise something you're surely not going to provide? Yes, I'm looking at the "expect multiple videos", "announcements", "big chunk of information" and my favourite: "written in details". Come on, that is genuine trolling and nerve-playing. Just say you're gonna show an aspect of the game and that's it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arvenski.

DanAngleland

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
reiksmarshal said:
I would like to believe yes there will be naval warefare, but at the same time we can't even get a dude in the ranks holding a banner.

Is this thing about someone holding a banner a joke, or were you actually expecting it to be a feature of the game based on the title containing the word banner? You keep repeating it as if you are annoyed that it isn't in. As far as I know the title refers to some sort of status or rank in medieval times; I vaguely remember Taleworlds saying something like that years ago.

EDIT: I found an explanation of it in this thread by a Turkish person; apparently it is a translation of a Turkish title:

"In Turkish it can be translated as Sancak Beyi, which was at old times meant Governor-General of big provinces"

So it doesn't mean there should be banners in the game!

Pilum

Sergeant Knight
VCNWWBWF&S
From the official Taleworlds Twitter account:

"What you can expect now is for some more interviews and articles to come out from the event and also some detail in our next blog post"

"We'll make sure the blog post doesn't take as long as it did last time!"

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade

We'll see...  :smile:

lolxd

Veteran
Pilum said:
From the official Taleworlds Twitter account:

"What you can expect now is for some more interviews and articles to come out from the event and also some detail in our next blog post"

"We'll make sure the blog post doesn't take as long as it did last time!"

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade

We'll see...  :smile:
4%20to%206%20weeks%20later.jpg

"It's **** NOTHING"

LonelyStep

Sergeant
The Bowman said:
LonelyStep said:
Hey look at that, Captain Lust just addressed the concerns about how much was shown:
https://twitter.com/captainlust

As far as I can get it, the pace of the interviews will start with the usual long phrases such as "M&B is this and that", and then at the end we'll get some bones about Bannerlord. I can't say I'm disappointed, because the siege video actually revealed a lot of what I wanted to see, but for God's sake, why do you have to promise something you're surely not going to provide? Yes, I'm looking at the "expect multiple videos", "announcements", "big chunk of information" and my favourite: "written in details". Come on, that is genuine trolling and nerve-playing. Just say you're gonna show an aspect of the game and that's it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arvenski.

I get what you're saying. It was sweet what they showed, but there definitely was a higher expectation made from their comments. Reading Captain Lust's twitter, I think that they may have been referring to the articles they are expecting interviewers to publish. In that case it's an example of promising something you don't have control over. You don't know what or when the interviewers will post, and the reality is most gaming news outlets are going to cover more popular games like CoD long before getting around to writing up their Bannerlord article. Hopefully there were some lessons learned.

Narlan

Sergeant
NWWBVC
I like your questions list : :grin:
- How does aging work?
- Is their any form of lineage or succession? (Yes or no, just to end the speculation)
- Is recruitment and upgrading the same as warband?
- What new political mechanics have been added?
- Is ruling a faction/coming to power the same as warband? How does that work?
- What else does seasons affect?
- Are companions all recruited from taverns?

In fact I hope there is a reply for each of these question in the final release... because... if someone is wondering, this is why we are so anxious about informations : because we actualy hope that Bannerlord will be more than a simple remake. Warband native is good, but has serious flaws : no diplomatic/political gameplay, no intrigues. No informations about those stuff is basicaly informing us that there is a chance that Bannerlord will be the same *_*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom