Not open for further replies.
Vraelomon said:
[quote author=People]
Hey we really want a siege video
[quote author=Taleworlds]
*siege video*
[/quote]
[quote author=Response]
I'm really down about what we were given. I expected more information. I'm really happy with the direction of the game with regards to better graphics, new mechanics ect and just let down because what they are giving us is just nothing at the end of the day.
[/quote]
Why do I feel like this happens every time they release new info?
[/quote]after 2130 pages i think that people asked more than only a video about siege.. Come on..

Did you noticed that the siege is incomplete ? What happen next ? Is there a negotiation phase ? He said he wants to free his companion, can he negociate the release at this stage ?

Dest45 said:
Plus every other medieval game is showing off their crappy "new" "innovative" combat which is actually based of M&B's.

IMO, the only game that is showing a better combat system being developed on its own is Mordhau.

Vraelomon said:
[quote author=People]
Hey we really want a siege video
[quote author=Taleworlds]
*siege video*
[/quote]
[quote author=Response]
I'm really down about what we were given. I expected more information. I'm really happy with the direction of the game with regards to better graphics, new mechanics ect and just let down because what they are giving us is just nothing at the end of the day.
[/quote]
Why do I feel like this happens every time they release new info?
[/quote]It's not that they gave us nothing. Far from it. It's that, so far, anyway, we've gotten quite a bit less than what we were led to expect.

Vraelomon said:
People] Hey we really want a siege video [/quote] [quote author=Taleworlds] *siege video* [/quote] [quote author=Response] I'm really down about what we were given. I expected more information. I'm really happy with the direction of the game with regards to better graphics said:
From the official Taleworlds Twitter account:

"What you can expect now is for some more interviews and articles to come out from the event and also some detail in our next blog post"

"We'll make sure the blog post doesn't take as long as it did last time!"

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade

We'll see...  :smile:
Ha! I'm not going to hold my breath. We've heard that line before.

LonelyStep said:
The Bowman said:
LonelyStep said:
Hey look at that, Captain Lust just addressed the concerns about how much was shown:
https://twitter.com/captainlust
As far as I can get it, the pace of the interviews will start with the usual long phrases such as "M&B is this and that", and then at the end we'll get some bones about Bannerlord. I can't say I'm disappointed, because the siege video actually revealed a lot of what I wanted to see, but for God's sake, why do you have to promise something you're surely not going to provide? Yes, I'm looking at the "expect multiple videos", "announcements", "big chunk of information" and my favourite: "written in details". Come on, that is genuine trolling and nerve-playing. Just say you're gonna show an aspect of the game and that's it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arvenski

I get what you're saying. It was sweet what they showed, but there definitely was a higher expectation made from their comments. Reading Captain Lust's twitter, I think that they may have been referring to the articles they are expecting interviewers to publish. In that case it's an example of promising something you don't have control over. You don't know what or when the interviewers will post, and the reality is most gaming news outlets are going to cover more popular games like CoD long before getting around to writing up their Bannerlord article. Hopefully there were some lessons learned.
I don't understand why they can't just release what ever info they wanted to release themselves?? It makes no ****ing sense. You can tell things to journalists as well as the community. Hell, the info that's released will be covered by them anyway right? Or an I missing something?

RoboSenshi said:
I don't understand why they can't just release what ever info they wanted to release themselves?? It makes no **** sense. You can tell things to journalists as well as the community. Hell, the info that's released will be covered by them anyway right? Or an I missing something?

Yeah, like I said, hopefully lessons learned.

Mamlaz said:
Dest45 said:
Plus every other medieval game is showing off their crappy "new" "innovative" combat which is actually based of M&B's.

IMO, the only game that is showing a better combat system being developed on its own is Mordhau.

Might sound like a complete fanboy here, but I doubt any game which has been made yet and any game that is being developed has had or will have that feel which makes Warband be what it is. People who doesn't know how to fight, might not notice it, but it simply feels right. Not too fast, not too slow. Not too unrealistic, not too realistic, etc. You have almost complete control on what you do, too.

As by the combat animations I've seen in Bannerlord, even Bannerlord might feel worse than Warband's combat, which would suck big, big time. I hope they rework them, though it's hard to say until you've properly tried it yourself.

Mordhau is more like Chivalry Medieval Warfare done better. Warband has nothing to do with it, except the way you angle the attacks by using the mouse. (you also can't just hold the sword in the air like in warband, waiting to strike, in Mordhau is like in Chivalry)

Warband's combat system is just right. A prime example that one shouldn't fix what isn't broken, and hopefully TW knows that.

cfd56fa34c.jpg

Z0mbiN3 said:
As by the combat animations I've seen in Bannerlord, even Bannerlord might feel worse than Warband's combat, which would suck big, big time. I hope they rework them, though it's hard to say until you've properly tried it yourself.

I don't think that is something you would need to worry about. Warband's combat was a big improvement on the first Mount & Blade and I can guess that Bannerlords will also have improvements. But you also have to remember that we still have at least 6 months before they have a beta or anything of the sort. And, most likely, they'll have a beta where concerns and suggestions for combat will be heard (TaleWorlds is really good about that!).

Z0mbiN3 said:
Might sound like a complete fanboy here, but I doubt any game which has been made yet and any game that is being developed has had or will have that feel which makes Warband be what it is. People who doesn't know how to fight, might not notice it, but it simply feels right. Not too fast, not too slow. Not too unrealistic, not too realistic, etc. You have almost complete control on what you do, too.

M&B combat is the most superior to date, but it is simplistic and arcade.

Mordhau plans to bring M&B to Chivalry-like combat, and from the dev blogs I saw, they are doing it slowly and properly.

illumenatye said:
Mordhau is more like Chivalry Medieval Warfare done better. Warband has nothing to do with it

It does not have to.

Both are medieval melee games and both have combat systems that can be compared.

My only gripe with Mordhau is their obvious focus on first person combat, which I find very misguided for close combat games.

Narlan said:
I like your questions list : :grin:
- How does aging work?
- Is their any form of lineage or succession? (Yes or no, just to end the speculation)
- Is recruitment and upgrading the same as warband?
- What new political mechanics have been added?
- Is ruling a faction/coming to power the same as warband? How does that work?
- What else does seasons affect?
- Are companions all recruited from taverns?

In fact I hope there is a reply for each of these question in the final release... because... if someone is wondering, this is why we are so anxious about informations : because we actualy hope that Bannerlord will be more than a simple remake. Warband native is good, but has serious flaws : no diplomatic/political gameplay, no intrigues. No informations about those stuff is basicaly informing us that there is a chance that Bannerlord will be the same *_*.

These are questions I would like to know the answer to as well.

The main problem with Warband was very poor political mechanics, as it meant that you essentially had no reason to fight other than to get loot. Game of Thrones is a perfect example of how families, succession, and death can drive forward plot.

Did you saw this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtinBnWZxM  (sorry if someone already posted it here). It looks amazing! Guys who made cRPG are doing this game known as Melee: Battlegrounds, but they change name... basically its multiplayer oriented bannerlord :grin:. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom