Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "medieval multiplayer" genre is saturated because the standard is pretty low and while there are good games, there aren't outstanding ones in the way it's happened with other multiplayer genres.

As for MP being more expensive to maintain, it's quite relative. It might be true that Warband's multiplayer costs more money than it gives back (although I wouldn't know) but there could be options for monetisation that are beneficial in the long run (I'd say that cRPG, PW and Mercenaries have made interesting forays in this direction).

All in all what I wanted to say is that the "More people play SP therefore TW should ditch MP" or the inverse are futile since it's a product of the game's design and not the playerbase's decision. It's purposefully disingenuous to think that TW would forfeit either side of the market when they are in a good position to exploit both.

Warband's multiplayer uses player-run servers, so no, it doesn't need to be "monetised" to sustain it.

There isn't a definitive answer to whether more people play SP or MP, since:

A. The vast majority of people who've bought Warband don't play either SP or MP in June 2016.
B. Many players enjoy both SP and MP, so looking at a server population doesn't tell you whether people only play SP or MP and not both.

I can't imagine it not being a siege considering what they said on the home site.

At E3, our focus will be on one feature we think has come on leaps and bounds, compared to previous Mount & Blade games and it's absolutely something we get asked about a lot... but we are keeping it a surprise till June.

siege or riot

aekilju said:
I can't imagine it not being a siege considering what they said on the home site.

At E3, our focus will be on one feature we think has come on leaps and bounds, compared to previous Mount & Blade games and it's absolutely something we get asked about a lot... but we are keeping it a surprise till June.

siege or riot
I will kill myself if there's no sieges and huge walls getting f*cked over by a giant rock and men everywhere with 50 m tall battle towers and battering rams

reiksmarshal said:
Golradir said:
Apparently you guys are playing on the wrong servers if you get teamkilled all the time  :eek:
Plovercrest said:
Golradir said:
The only reason M&B is still around is because of its multiplayer and mods for it. Taleworlds should stick to what has made the series successful and I can tell you it is not sp 

Then M&B would just be another of the many MP only medieval games on steam. A quality SP game in this genre is hard to find.

They should add crafting and resource farming, just to be competitive with the rest.  :lol:
you missed the joke where i replaced the post from the guy above me whining about that mp needs to **** off with sp  :party:

That's because you are oh so good at internet sarcasm.  :roll:
thanks homie

mike56 said:
Armaury said:
I mean that there will be 13,14,15 june with Bannerlord coverage  :smile:

Oh, are you sure? I think the only information will be released tomorrow.
I don't think so, since E3 starts on the 14th of June. The 13th is just PC gamer. Although they might just say some things we already know at pc gamer about bonerlord and at E3 just warband for PS4.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Warband's multiplayer uses player-run servers, so no, it doesn't need to be "monetised" to sustain it.

There isn't a definitive answer to whether more people play SP or MP, since:

A. The vast majority of people who've bought Warband don't play either SP or MP in June 2016.
B. Many players enjoy both SP and MP, so looking at a server population doesn't tell you whether people only play SP or MP and not both.

A. Is there a reason to think the ratio would be different in the past? A couple of big SP mods (ACOK and Warsword) have had updates recently, might skew it a wee bit I suppose.
B. Correct, but surely from what they're playing at the time you can infer average preference?

Armaury said:
I mean that there will be 13,14,15 june with Bannerlord coverage  :smile:

I think tomorrow at the PC Gamer show, there will be "just" an interview with TW, since the main PC Gamer show is only 90 minutes long with plenty of different guests. Maybe there will be something from TW at the aftershow, but I doubt it (http://www.pcgamingshow.com/).

I could be wrong (I hope so :smile: ) but my guess is we get new info in the form of a video or presentation on Tuesday.

Dest45 said:
Wait so what kind of Bannerlord info can we expect in the next few days? Bannerlord wont be at E3? :sad:
It will, but I think they are going to be showing a few things at the PC Gamer show, and then they will show more  after.

From the website:
There will be a big chunk of information released during the event itself, as we make announcements, so expect multiple videos, as well as written details. In addition, recently announced was that we'll be on the PC Gaming Show on Monday 13th June, the day before E3 starts.
In addition it says

Personaly, I don't thing it's going to be siege, just based on what they said : "big chunk of information, multiple videos". I would rather see some complex diplomatic and deep intrigue system ; wich is something that realy lack from M&B. Imagine a M&B II with the feodal system of Crusader Kings II :ohdear: .

But... coming from TW, ""big chunk of information, multiple videos", may only mean only one video of 10 minutes... who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom