Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vraelomon said:
499c07a042876c1b70174aae9832d89e.jpg

...no?

Oh yeah. Light bardiches and multi barreled blasters.

There are MB mods I played years after Warband's release. Solid and Shade, TLD (before it was converted), Warsword Baptism, that awesome wild-west mod.

There will be more difference between WB and Bannerlord than WB and original MB, but I'd imagine there will still be mods worth playing.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
578 said:
One point many overlook is that weapon customization will allow us to create unique models and parts of weapons. so I expect to see a few replicas being created with carved symbols etc. I can't wait.
I never thought about that!  Imagine a star wars mod where you could make your own lightsaber,  that would be awesome!
Bear Force III confirmed?
On a side note, I suppose these custom weapons will only be enabled in Singleplayer for the start(until modded for Multiplayer) or have they said otherwise?

Sherlock Holmes said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
578 said:
One point many overlook is that weapon customization will allow us to create unique models and parts of weapons. so I expect to see a few replicas being created with carved symbols etc. I can't wait.
I never thought about that!  Imagine a star wars mod where you could make your own lightsaber,  that would be awesome!
On a side note, I suppose these custom weapons will only be enabled in Singleplayer for the start(until modded for Multiplayer) or have they said otherwise?
You do realize +custom weapons + MP= Loadtime so slow?

Louis said:
Sherlock Holmes said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
578 said:
You do realize +custom weapons + MP= Loadtime so slow?

crpg and mercenaries say hi.

Why do they keep setting the thrust damage of spears lower then the swing damage?
Kind of looks like they did away with my favorite weapon. the bastard sword, with its option of being one handed or two handed for extra damage.

Meko said:
Why do they keep setting the thrust damage of spears lower then the swing damage?
Kind of looks like they did away with my favorite weapon. the bastard sword, with its option of being one handed or two handed for extra damage.

More than likely due to damage type. Take an unarmored peasant, what would hurt more? Piercing stab through the arm, or a large slash of a spear cutting open a large portion of the arm? Both could be fatal, but on unarmored targets the higher base slash damage will cause more harm. That being said, A well placed pierce to the chest will still kill them as well.

Take an armored knight, damage reduction vs slash is massive. So then you take the lower base damage of pierce, but it goes through without massive penalties. Hence the reasoning behind the pierce being lower than swing damage at almost all times. Because pierce does not get affected by armor on such a large scale like slash is.

As for the bastard sword it seems that way, but I doubt it's completely taken away from in game mechanics.

TL;DR Cut should, and will almost always, be higher than any pierce value on a weapon. For them to simulate somewhat realistic damage types amongst various weapons they use the Slash/cut, pierce, and blunt mechanic. Slash is subject to massive penalties against armor, but should be truly amazing/most effective at lightly armored targets. So they have a high base damage. Pierce on the other hand starts at a smaller base number, but it is effective on almost all targets due to the pierce damage type not being subject to the penalties.

SmurfInHell said:
Meko said:

More than likely due to damage type. Take an unarmored peasant, what would hurt more? Piercing stab through the arm, or a large slash of a spear cutting open a large portion of the arm? Both could be fatal, but on unarmored targets the higher base slash damage will cause more harm. That being said, A well placed pierce to the chest will still kill them as well.

Take an armored knight, damage reduction vs slash is massive. So then you take the lower base damage of pierce, but it goes through without massive penalties. Hence the reasoning behind the pierce being lower than swing damage at almost all times. Because pierce does not get affected by armor on such a large scale like slash is.

As for the bastard sword it seems that way, but I doubt it's completely taken away from in game mechanics.

TL;DR Cut should, and will almost always, be higher than any pierce value on a weapon. For them to simulate somewhat realistic damage types amongst various weapons they use the Slash/cut, pierce, and blunt mechanic. Slash is subject to massive penalties against armor, but should be truly amazing/most effective at lightly armored targets. So they have a high base damage. Pierce on the other hand starts at a smaller base number, but it is effective on almost all targets due to the pierce damage type not being subject to the penalties.

Um, nope. Spears were the most used weapon back then and they were used pretty much exclusively as piercing weapons. Pierce will do more damage than cut because of well, PIERCE. Spears were not used as cutting weapons, the philosophy of a spear is a pointy head being pushed into the opponent while you apply strength to the wooden parts of it. Cut damage can be a simple cut that barely touches you so I have no idea how exactly you think spears cutting are realistic. Also blunt damage, if they are the same as warband (hammers etc) will remain dumb as mechanic-wise. Especially for multiplayer. Spears must get an overhaul for bannerlord and make them the worthy weapons they were and not simple and stupid support only weapons with one directional attack when used with a shield.

Edited: I'm actually inspired to go look at some actual medical or maybe crime related data, I'm sure someone has to have looked at the lethality of cutting vs. stab wounds at some point.

Úlfheðinn said:
Edited: I'm actually inspired to go look at some actual medical or maybe crime related data, I'm sure someone has to have looked at the lethality of cutting vs. stab wounds at some point.

Piercing movement was most fatal wounds when used by spears or swords and that is because the shield was also used as offensive weapon to block an enemy's arm from blocking, giving you a wide variety of choice and exposure to an enemy's body. Slash (cut) was easy to avoid and it could barely touch you sometimes, giving you nothing less and nothing more of a simple cut wound that only itches. Especially with armor, slashing with swords was not preffered. Axes from the other hand, could only slash, but the way axes were built was different. Axe was lets say, was similar to how spears were used, by applying strength and motion to the handle and aiming the deadly part of it to do the damage. But axes could only slash of course and it was preffered my northmen who fought armorless, minimal armor, or leather armor, in general terms, agile fighters.  Northmen themselves in reality preferred swords or hammers to axes in reality. Sword is a much more versatile weapon but axe has much more force.  Most warriors also carried daggers that had extreme piercing potential to the width and length that allowed much more force in a certain aimed area. In conclusion, open wounds by any weapon would risk the one injured to catch disease, lose a lot of blood but in a very big number, it would not be a fatal shot shortly after the time it was caused.

AFAIK there hasn't yet been any mention of horse dismount... has there?

I think we would all like to see some advancement with it's mechanics, such as the ability to "hop-off" while moving. At a realistic speed, naturally :lol:

I would love being able to lead a horse, it would look good. It'd help for role playing especially, in single player or even being a squire/stable man in a Persistent World mod. As you and tanglebones say, being able to dismount when moving slowly would be useful too, and I hope for a specific button for dismounting to avoid the problem of unintentionally picking up weapons instead of dismounting (a particular nuisance in multiplayer siege or other modes in which it is preferable to dismount in a busy location where lots of weapons are dropped).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom