Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well PC is their priority as Armagan said himself so we can rest easily, if they can make an extra profit in consoles i say i'm all for it (and i'm a pc guy only), more money for the company that makes my favorite game series ever is always welcome :razz:, and who knows, maybe by the word of mouth bannerlord can be very popular in consoles too, look at witcher, it started as a pc only game, then with witcher 2 they released a console version a year after PC and the series started to become popular in consoles paving the way for the huge success that was witcher 3

If they did port it to consoles, I'd have no problem with it, as I'd just play it on the computer anyways. And like vonbalt said, they could make some more money from it and be able to upgrade the game. So it's profit.

Don't even try to deny that PC is the superior gaming platform.

The only real reason you have for liking consoles is because you're either poor or a cheap bastard who'd rather spend a lot less money to still be able to play the same games. Some people even say it's cos they prefer to play with a controller because they're used to it, to just plug a controller to a PC won't do if they're playing a multiplayer FPS cos then they'll be at a disadvantage. :lol:

creuzet said:
zackgreco said:
imagine mountblade bannerlord II with VR https://youtu.be/OFR7HsTTshI

Ragdoll physics at its finest.  :lol:

I'm only for ragdoll physics if they are made well. I'd say high quality animations beat ****ty ragdolls.

I didn't mean to double post. My bad. Looks like this forum doesn't guard against multiple resubmits.

VonTwat said:

The only real reason you have for liking consoles is because you're either poor or a cheap bastard who'd rather spend a lot less money to still be able to play the same games. Some people even say it's cos they prefer to play with a controller because they're used to it, to just plug a controller to a PC won't do if they're playing a multiplayer FPS cos then they'll be at a disadvantage. :lol:

Yeah, I love playing Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Metal Gear Solids 1-4 and Peace Walker, Shadow of the Colossus, the God of War games, Gears of War 2 and 3, and Destiny on my PC...

Don't forget the Halo games.

Is console exclusive games really a reason to actually like the consoles, though? I feel like it'd be a reason to dislike the developers of those games more than anything else.

VonTwat said:
Don't forget the Halo games.

Is console exclusive games really a reason to actually like the consoles, though? I feel like it'd be a reason to dislike the developers of those games more than anything else.

I believe the actual devs from the games are not to blame at all, they do their best with the tools, budget and time they are given, this is a reason to dislike the corporations and their suits with the money behind these decisions that creates this division among the gaming community, if your platform is good enough i'll sure play in it, no need for HUR DURR BUY MA CONSOLE BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THIS GAME AND THAT GAME HERE, with this the corporations make **** outdated and overpriced machines that they release as "next-gen" and rely on the attraction caused by exclusives to profit instead of real advancement.

but back on topic, if Taleworlds can make a console version of warband/bannerlord that won't affect bannerlord's features and development they should really go for it, it's 2/3 of the gaming community after all (main gaming platforms) and the more inclusion of games in all platforms instead of exclusives the best in my point of view.

My point was if you're a hobbyist in it for the games you won't care about such distinctions as hardware capability to the point where you deny yourself good games for the sake of platform exclusivity.

I'm not going to take the time out of my life to buy a console just to be able to play a few games if I already have a PC I've paid decent amount of money for. If I miss out on a few console exclusive games (an idea which I don't support anyway) I'm fine with that.

VonTwat said:
In other words the developers take bribes, they're still to blame for their own decisions. But you sure seem to know how the conspiracy theories work.
Developers don't really have nearly as much control over their projects as you might believe. They don't take bribes as much as they just do what they're paid to do. The producer is the final say on matters, and if the developers don't like it the producers can just take what the developers have already made and find someone else to finish it.

VonTwat said:
I'm not going to take the time out of my life to buy a console just to be able to play a few games if I already have a PC I've paid decent amount of money for. If I miss out on a few console exclusive games (an idea which I don't support anyway) I'm fine with that.

Then that's fine and completely your choice, but it also renders your "criticisms" illegitimate.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
VonTwat said:

Yeah, I love playing Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Metal Gear Solids 1-4 and Peace Walker, Shadow of the Colossus, the God of War games, Gears of War 2 and 3, and Destiny on my PC...

You can play almost all of those games on PC, actually.  :shifty:

Non-player factions using mercenaries when they're desperate (or when they've become very wealthy) would be cool too. And hopefully those mercs will have a bit more personality than the generic ones currently used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom