Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

It's nice to see the devs already realize that an over extended arm or bent waist in the animation gives range to an attack rather then watch them flailing to deal with it after the fact like in chivalry.

I think more animations and transitions will really bring the game alive, more so than needing so many shaders/textures and effects. Obviously no word of having a really detailed hit system (eg hit them in left shoulder and they twist to their left ) but I hope to see something like this. More states and transitions would be great such as falling down differently depending on the speed bonus of the horse hitting you etc.

As someone said above, more 'total war' like animation tricks would be great such as varying the walk animations of troops and giving them less of a robotic feel. A few idle animations that cycle randomly among troops waiting would be great.

For towns, just being able to add more people walking around and filling them out would breath more life into them, but really more importantly is adding a gameplay reason for wanting to walk around town at all, which i'm not quite sure what it would be given the scope of the game.

Summary: want game neeeooowww.

looks good but i hope that if there is a siege and the enemy has won that you can see destroyed buildings and banners

Sorry, I didn't really follow the threads around Bannerlord, and I'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times already, but do we know anything about a release schedule? Or will there be an open beta again?

I started playing the original M&B in 2005, back when the Dark Knights still ruled Calradia, and you'd spend hours searching for the right Padded Cloth for Marnid. I've played campaigns at several points during the developement, and was very active in the beta of Warband. Then I played campaings in several mods, and played over a thousand hours in competitive NW. Now I find myself playing another campaign in A Clash of Kings, and I am again enjoying it a lot. Needless to say this is my favourite game ever.

However, the game is so much restricted by the old, simple, homemade engine. Small battles, retarded enemies, whole armies being bottlenecked on one ladder, etc. I just can't imagine how great this game will be when it's rebuilt from scratch, with a professional devteam, while still being led by the great Armagan himself. I really like how in the tone of the blogs, you can just feel the spirit of the original M&B. The attention to realism and detail in certain areas, is exactly what makes M&B feel so good, even though it looks so silly at times  :grin:

Long story short, I can't wait but would very much like at least an indication of how long I must contain myself.

jacobhinds said:
the game was hardly even announced this time last year. whenever I see "hurry up and release it NOW!" I cringe a bit, I mean warband isn't even that old of a game.
Someone in the other related forum has calculated that since the first announcement already "That's 538 days..." until now ... I don't know if it is much or less ... I guess it depends on how ahead they were when they announced it... Could it be that they did when they hardly had just begun ? .... Or they were already ahead with it ? in some aspects anyway .... This is the question .... :roll:

Tybalt_ said:
CraziKin said:
Tybalt_ said:
I would not like Lords dying as it would pretty much **** up the entire system. Troops dying from infected wounds on the other hand...
Well that's why there will be a political and family system. Each lord has a family and such and their heirs take over. If there are no other heirs, the lady will marry another lord and more lords will eventually come. Although I would like to see this system as an additional option when starting a campaign because some people might not like that system.

You know for sure there will be? I doubt it and even so, it would mess up with the time. Would have to go a month for a day and it would all just be a mess.
I was just adding on to my idea. I would like some kind of feature like that with obvious tweaking or someone makes a mod. Still it would be cool to see something along those lines.

In all the replies to all those who want Bannerlord NOW, no one ever made note of the fact that the game engine is being redone.  Or did I misunderstand what I heard and saw?  No, after going to look and listen again, I am correct, the game engine is being redone.  Seems unreasonable, to me, to expect such a project to be completed in anything less than 2 years...and it hasn't been that long yet.  I think it was a grand gesture on the part of Taleworlds to let us all know that we have a new M&B on the way... and none of us has any reason to think the end product WON'T be worth a long wait.  I'll wait as long as it takes, period.

Regards,
TA

TalonAquila said:
  In all the replies to all those who want Bannerlord NOW, no one ever made note of the fact that the game engine is being redone.  Or did I misunderstand what I heard and saw?  No, after going to look and listen again, I am correct, the game engine is being redone.  Seems unreasonable, to me, to expect such a project to be completed in anything less than 2 years...and it hasn't been that long yet.  I think it was a grand gesture on the part of Taleworlds to let us all know that we have a new M&B on the way... and none of us has any reason to think the end product WON'T be worth a long wait.  I'll wait as long as it takes, period.

Regards,
TA
It's not like anyone wants them to rush through it or anything. Like most, i just want to know if we're looking at 2years out or 15. Not that i wouldn't buy it in 15 years... if i'm still around.  Thankfully, Warband has THE best replayability of any game known to man. That should hold us over till the only game that can dethrone it comes out.

It would be cool to have a "football" style command system. All the basic commands of the old game with the addition of "play" hot keys that are customizable. In the old game you could do a lot strategy with the basic commands but it was hard to master and limited at some point. Also as a commander who is always at the front lines the battle can run away from you but I guess thats the price you pay. You could have a system where  commanders whose skill at commanding combined with the training rating of the actual troops would determine your armies ability to follow through with battle plans and do more complicated manoeuvres. A system like this would also add a lot to the multiplayer value of this game. Also with a system of sub commanders/captins ect maybe you don't have to lose 10 knights to looters just cause you died?

Bayazid said:
Hey developers!  We like and believe you!

A perfect team always makes perfect. Our expectations is limited with "our belief in your ability".

#include  < Certainly Consider>
int main(Our expectations)
{ //*Giving full satisfaction to the player in the next decade. *//
  //*Please read one more then search more & more.  *//

if (you are could understand a little bit us==Please Read && Patient)
{
“Life is feudal” >>>=============>(Medieval, Hardcore, Awesome! Sandbox MMORPG)
//  http://lifeisfeudal.com/video/
Wow bud, played many hourse of chiv, and WotR, but never even heard of this one. Looks damn good and promising! After watchin the dev video, it looks like a revamp of Ultima Online, and i loved me some Ultima Online.... like crackhead sort of love! How can we support/help?

Edit: *Found out it's going to have a monthly fee... That may hurt it a lot. And that's why people love the Taleworlds so much, single player means no monthly fee. That said, it still might do well.

hey guys im just registered to the forum to tell you that simple thing

first wow great job on thos game's you make i've enjoyed them and played many hours on it

and now that you are developing Bannerlord i wish to bring you 1 point over here its pretty IMPORTANT

Graphics are good bonus to game but Everybody will TRY a game with good grapichs and nice mechanic

But what you want actualy isnt ppl trying your game is ppl to LOVE YOUR GAME AND keep playing for years

so here i am

Graphics are good but FEATURES win ppl

you should realy put your money on more features beside the graphic focus you guys seems to be on

anyway i was just trying to point something out its up to you guys to do the job now

Big thx you for WARBAND and ill try for sure bannerlord and just hope you guys will take WARBAND up the graphics a little and put up like infinity of possibilities
i'Ve so much in mind that its would take forever to tell all but if you'r realy interested on what i got to say you got my e-mail

Keep up the good work and thx you again

wow really impressive images guys!  i really can't wait for the game. (better wait for good results though  :grin:)

things i want to see in M&B bunnylord (one hare to rule them all!):

1) People doing crimes in cities, being caught by the "police", and actually get in jail (its a petty to have them empty, or only for lords).

2) Lords should have unique heroes, with unique appearence and unique droppable weapons, and don't tell me that this will make it an rpg of the mass like the rest, cause i think actually this would add very nicely to the game.

3) To have guttersnipes, that will come and tell you if a lord of yours is trying to betray you and rebel.

4) To have complete armor sets. It has now too in a sense, but you get what i mean.

5) To be able to give jobs in one of your enterprises to poor people from big cities to fight unemployment.

6) If the economy of a town rises up, to be mirrored in it's luxury etc (if the wealth exceeds a point to have negative results and the whole city to degenerate from stupor and greed!)

7) Better troop selection in battle, not so generic as it is at least.

:cool: More basic troops than the classic footman etc.

9) Unique titles (lord, baron, agha etc) for each faction to mirror it's cultural difference (i don't know if this was done at some point in warband, i haven't played M&B for years)

10) Participate as a watcher in tournaments and be able to bet, or even better be able to bet on a man from your army who's been specially trained for the tournaments and participates in your name!

11) To have a "royal tournament/ sparring arena" only for "blue bloods", lords, kings etc.

12) To make the trading more realistic. for example not seeing things like "give 10 mail armors, recive 4 breads"

13) To be able to have at least one hero that is in your army for free because he is devoted to you cause you saved his life in the past or something!

i think that if you will add cape/cloak it would be epic and i think it will really boost the game and the style of the game with the blowing wind when your character stand at the battlefield leading his men ad on his horse riding i think it will be awesome and i believe other people think aswell if i may say.

D0ctor said:
i think that if you will add cape/cloak it would be epic and i think it will really boost the game and the style of the game with the blowing wind when your character stand at the battlefield leading his men ad on his horse riding i think it will be awesome and i believe other people think aswell if i may say.

the blowing wind part...i can see it right infront of me :grin: epic! and then hell brakes loose and get lost in a massiv fight on the battlefield swinging the sword like hell...and then the doors open and your girlfriend woundering why you are screaming :smile:

D0ctor said:

tumblr_m6lqkfnqnJ1qgrhcu.gif

Back
Top Bottom