Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Haha, but I will "enjoy" my editor now, adding a few troops to my mod. At each mouseclick I will see the source in mind :grin:

I think this was the last update today, unless everybody finds the master bug of desaster  :twisted:

Griffrez said:
EDIT: Its better to just put the .exe on the mod's folder, so you don't have to remap the directory. =3

The tools saves the path to a file called config.ini. So copy it to any folder you want...

Lol...? Anyway, its probably not a very good idea to make companions very strong (though I never make them stronger than my main char), or you would have a very bad time in the tournements.

EDIT: I should quote more often...

EDIT 2: About the remote deletion option, a guy asked about some time ago...

I think that tool would be a bit hard to make since if you delete troop number x and there is like 100 more troops after that one, the troop number would have to reduce by 1 and the upgrade tree would have to be reviewed by the tool all over again to fix the selections.

Griffrez said:
I think that tool would be a bit hard to make since if you delete troop number x and there is like 100 more troops after that one, the troop number would have to reduce by 1 and the upgrade tree would have to be reviewed by the tool all over again to fix the selections.

Thats not all.
For example you can rename the ID at line 35 (trp_swadian_recruit). Game will find it, because its number 35. But if you delete for example, no. 17, then you have the next troop at position 35, trp_swadian_militia. Game will now use this troop as new initial troop. This will make chaos, and the reason why the editor only deletes the last. You can "undo" your added troop, not less and not more. If you want chaos, use a text editor an make chaos  :twisted:
But then it wasn't me, providing a tool which generates chaos :grin:

BTW, do you know anyway that I can make my main character have very high wep prof. but being able to actually start the game, because you need to spend some wep prof. points to continue in the start.

Griffrez said:
EDIT 2: BTW, how can I make my companions stronger using the editor? I changed them, but when I went up to them to obtain them, they still have stock values. Note: On my save, they are still NOT in my party.

My comment about not needing to start over was more regarding general troops...companions/heroes I have no idea on but considering they level up and you can customize them in game it would make sense they only take the base value when the game first loads up and/or you first invite them into party.

However, if you want stronger companions w/o starting over...edit your module.ini file...in it there's three lines where you can modify the amount of experience gotten per battle (one for you, one for heroes, one for troops)...modify the multiplier for heroes to a high number like 50 or 100 and they'll get 50 (or 100 respectively) times the experience they normally would which will mean faster levelups and therefore stronger.

Then simply tone that xp back down once they're where you want.

Morgh said:
But then it wasn't me, providing a tool which generates chaos :grin:

Seriously, if you could change your tool so it could delete troops from any line and cross reference those deletions with the party/party_templates files to detect any potential problems you would go down in M&B history as a modding tool god.  But you are right...that's definately opening a pandora's box.

Still ...godhood available for you.

Griffrez said:
BTW, do you know anyway that I can make my main character have very high wep prof. but being able to actually start the game, because you need to spend some wep prof. points to continue in the start.
You can just go to the 'character' button at the bottom of the screen when you are playing the game, then the 'statistics' button, export your character, Alt+Tab out of warband, make the changes to the file with the same name as your character (in: mydocuments- Mount and Blade Warband characters... then re import the character when you added exp, stats, or points, or gold.....

neil_v said:
Griffrez said:
You can just go to the 'character' button at the bottom of the screen when you are playing the game, then the 'statistics' button, export your character, Alt+Tab out of warband, make the changes to the file with the same name as your character (in: mydocuments- Mount and Blade Warband characters... then re import the character when you added exp, stats, or points, or gold.....

With this method can I put the skills over 10? Just wondering... =P

EDIT: This method is awesome, way faster than doing Cheat Engine runaround. Thank you, man!

EDIT 2: The editor is still awesome. =3

EDIT 3: What are these reserved_skill lines? For mods I guess...

EDIT 4: This method is incredibly useful to test attributes values.

The editor is almost getting to out of beta. (Unless you can consider beta a program that is over v1.0.... =\)

to make the skills higher than 10 go to the skills.txt file in your 'copy of native' or favorite mod.

example:

skl_trade Trade 19 10 Every_level_of_this_skill_reduces_your_trade_penalty_by_5%%._(Party_skill)

change the 10 to a 15 (15 is max as far as I can remember), repeat for all the skills.....

ALWAYS back up your files if you change them, at the very least, ctrl+c (copy)  the file so its in the system memory
and you can paste it if it gets messed up...

Griffrez said:
With this method can I put the skills over 10? Just wondering... =P

EDIT: This method is awesome, way faster than doing Cheat Engine runaround. Thank you, man!

EDIT 2: The editor is still awesome. =3

EDIT 3: What are these reserved_skill lines? For mods I guess...

EDIT 4: This method is incredibly useful to test attributes values.

The editor is almost getting to out of beta. (Unless you can consider beta a program that is over v1.0.... =\)

For that you'll have to edit the skills.txt file in the module folder and change the second number after the skill name to 15, which is AFAIK the highest the game lets you have a skill (20 warps it right back around to 1 and goes up again).

skl_trade Trade 19 10 Every_level_of_this_skill_reduces_your_trade_penalty_by_5%%._(Party_skill)

becomes

skl_trade Trade 19 15 Every_level_of_this_skill_reduces_your_trade_penalty_by_5%%._(Party_skill)

Edit: Gah, neil beat me to it. xD

Feature Request:  Could we have an option to enable disable the troop list filter to work with the update path as well?

So for example say I want to update the rhodok faction troops.

I of course who type rhodok in the search filter to limit the troop list to troops in that faction...now if I want to be able to update the path of a troop I have to go through the full troop list to find what I want...I'd love to be able to have that filtered as well so I only see the same troop list in the update path as what I have in the left hand troop list.

Of course an option to enable/disable that feature I think would be needed but if this is something you would be willing to implement.  Please do so =)

bunnyhop said:
Feature Request:  Could we have an option to enable disable the troop list filter to work with the update path as well?

So for example say I want to update the rhodok faction troops.

I of course who type rhodok in the search filter to limit the troop list to troops in that faction...now if I want to be able to update the path of a troop I have to go through the full troop list to find what I want...I'd love to be able to have that filtered as well so I only see the same troop list in the update path as what I have in the left hand troop list.

Of course an option to enable/disable that feature I think would be needed but if this is something you would be willing to implement.  Please do so =)

Hm, filter, on/off ? Thats the same as tpying in words, and deleting it, right?
If you clear the filter, using backspace, you get the full list back. I'don't understand what you mean...

No filter is the same as typing no words to the filter...

Or do you mean a switching function? Such like a Check box, to switch between filter view / full view?

EDIT:
Another question:  You wan't to set the update path for rhodoks?  You can do this also in the filter view... ?  :???:

Ahhh... now I begin to see... A filter for the update path troop COMBO BOX :wink:
Right?

sorry troop LIST, filter, update path... CHAOS :grin:  i'm a developer , a list is a list control and a the upgrade path is a combo box. You can't know that. I was staring to your request, catching nothing :wink:

A filter for the troop list in the update path combo box... thats is what you want...

Morgh said:
Hm, filter, on/off ? Thats the same as tpying in words, and deleting it, right?
If you clear the filter, using backspace, you get the full list back. I'don't understand what you mean...

No filter is the same as typing no words to the filter...

Or do you mean a switching function? Such like a Check box, to switch between filter view / full view?

EDIT:
Another question:  You wan't to set the update path for rhodoks?  You can do this also in the filter view... ?  :???:

No, what I mean is...the filter thing for the main troop list is perfect...runs exactly how it should.  However let's say I decide I to change the upgrade paths for a number of swadian troops.  Well I use the troop filter as intended but once I've selected the troop I want to update...the update path lists the FULL list of troops which means I have to scroll through hundreds of possibilities to get to the one I want.

I am asking if that update path could also update when the filter is applied to only have troops matching that filter in the update path as well...with a checkbox to enable full/filtered view for that section so those who want the full list of troops in their update path aren't inconvenienced.

Does that make better sense?

Morgh said:
Ahhh... now I begin to see... A filter for the update path :wink:
Right?

Yes =)  But it's fine if it uses the same filter as the main troop list filter as far as I'm concerned.  But of course that would be your call

Sure a filter is possible, BUT...

First, there isn't much room to place it, second , the combo box have to be updated with all changes at the troops. Nothing impossible but vulnerable for bugs. I say that beacause I was staring two hours to the code at afternoon finding the error with this upgrade pathing thing. The whole problem was bigger than I thought. I'm lucky that this works error-free now :wink:

I'll think about that....

Back
Top Bottom