Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Kazzan said:
Alright, it seems i got it working trough my own cuning by putting it on the desktop and editing it from there.

Just wondering, were you the person having trouble getting your troops to save? If so, are you on Vista? Run the program as Administrator (Through the Right-click context menu) and you shouldn't have any trouble. Alternatively, do what you just did (And what I'm doing. xD).

Finjinimo said:
Oh, another thing.

Using the delete function, I only seem to be able to delete the latest entry. I was trying to go back and delete the first fellow I made, but could only do this by deleting all the subsequent work.

I assume I could go in and edit the chap out of the txt file manually, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Deleting items in the editor is a sensitive thing... The update path of every untit depends to the troop number. Thats worse, If I would develope this game I would bind this to the ID (also a unique identidifier). May be the module system is using this, but the txt ouput of it doesn't .
But I would really change the whole structure, using XML or something else, not python and txt files :wink:
But we are all happy to have our Mount & Blade, so I don't want to talk **** about that.

So, back to reason, why I answer.... To prevent a desaster with the upgrade pathing I only allow to delete th LAST troop, and I'll not change this, because this will produce big whining when your whole troops.txt is trash, because of misusing the function. So see it as protection not as misfeature.

Kazzan said:
Alright, it seems i got it working trough my own cuning by putting it on the desktop and editing it from there.

Strange thing... but I can't say anymore to that. Its a problem with the rights of the directory, or the user rights.

Now I will fix the err. 380 thing. Nothing difficicult, but these are the bugs creeping into the code. And to find it all, I need feddback, because every user has its own way to use a software.

Finjinimo said:
Hey mate, this is an excellent tool, really digging it.
I encounter error 380 whenever I have entered text in the troop filter (eg. "nord"), and then try to add or update a new troop.

I totally forgot the filter, fixed in the next version.

Morgh said:
Your changes will ONLY affect a NEW STARTED game!

That isn't 100% true...you can add new troops and attach their upgrade paths to current troops and have it all work in previous savegames.  You can even modify current troops however the game (internally) doesn't seem to properly update the troop if you already have it in party unless you talk to the the troop and learn about them or you lose all those troop types and re-recruit/upgrade to them.

That being said a new started game is ideally the best way to ensure no problems with the new troop modifications but for testing purposes it isn't 100% necessary.

Morgh said:
I totally forgot the filter, fixed in the next version.

There is a bug in the filter as well where if I select a troop and start doing updates sometimes the ID for that troop in the filtered list will change (ex. maybe I was editing troop 41...after commiting a few updates the ID for that troop in the list changes to 6.  Future commits still seem to work but then it's not possible to deselect/reselect that troop.  When I try to reselect that troop it will show the data for whatever troop is that new modified ID.  In addition, updates may start producing -1 troop IDs at the bottom of the filter list requiring a restart of the application to remove.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to produce a standard process of actions to make it occur...but start updating a troop with the troop list filtered and commit your actions every 1-2 changes and you'll eventually see it...I'll keep trying to come up with a concrete reproduceable set of actions for you.

Another bug (minor):

If using the filtered troop lists, if you change the troop name of an ID the filtered list doesn't update accordingly.  This gets particularly annoying when adding new troops as new troops won't show up in filtered lists either.  I have not tested if they will eventually show up by clearing the filter and then re-establishing the filter.

Another bug (minor):

Upgrade path doesn't update names of modified troop names.  Example if I take swadian_footman and rename it to swadian_people and commit the change.  If I then go to the swadian_recruit record it still says the upgrade will go to swadian_footman.  It's not gamebreaking as it still goes to the same ID and will correct itself by saving the file and reloading the software...but thought you should know.

bunnyhop said:
Upgrade path doesn't update names of modified troop names.  Example if I take swadian_footman and rename it to swadian_people and commit the change.  If I then go to the swadian_recruit record it still says the upgrade will go to swadian_footman.  It's not gamebreaking as it still goes to the same ID and will correct itself by saving the file and reloading the software...but thought you should know.

Thank you for your feedback.

I added this bug in 0.902 trying to eliminate the other upgrade path bug. I was to tired and haven't seen that both paths now use the same variable, because I copied code.

I'll fix the whole upgrade path problem in the next hours, and release a new version. Same with the filter.

After adding a new troop, it doesn't appear straight away in the dropdown menu for upgrading. For instance, if I were to create a new troop called Swadian Master, I won't be able to find it in the dropdown menu for upgrading Swadian Knights. However, if I both Update and save the changes, switch to say... party_templates or parties, then back to troops, it'll appear there.

I think the dropdown menu gets the information from the latest save, and refreshes the file whenever it is switched or the program is restarted. It doesn't update dynamically.

I hope what I said makes sense. O_O

kirinelf said:
After adding a new troop, it doesn't appear straight away in the dropdown menu for upgrading. For instance, if I were to create a new troop called Swadian Master, I won't be able to find it in the dropdown menu for upgrading Swadian Knights. However, if I both Update and save the changes, switch to say... party_templates or parties, then back to troops, it'll appear there.

I think the dropdown menu gets the information from the latest save, and refreshes the file whenever it is switched or the program is restarted. It doesn't update dynamically.

I hope what I said makes sense. O_O

I'm currently working on the whole upgrade thing... (delete, add, update)

v0.910b released!

This is a bug fixing release only.

There was some minor and one major bug at troop upgrade pathing. This should be fixed now.
Also the filter for troops works now correctly

Download Page

Thanks to all feedback and helping me to make this software stable and bug free!

man i would soo liek to be as good as you being able to make ideas real must be so awesome you kinda have the power to create what you imagine tis crazy ...

Snutze said:
man i would soo liek to be as good as you being able to make ideas real must be so awesome you kinda have the power to create what you imagine tis crazy ...

The only negative aspect is, if you do your own mod or software, you can't see it anymore after you have done your job.
I have a complete european mod with a nice map, but haven't played it more than 10 hours.. My brother is totally fascinated from my work, played arounf 100 hours and more. But thats enough to me to keep on the work...

In the future, item_kinds1.txt support would be awesome. =D

EDIT: I just noticed that on your download page you say to NOT use Native, but I did, but I don't care still, if it goes wrong I just reinstall. =P

EDIT 2: BTW, how can I make my companions stronger using the editor? I changed them, but when I went up to them to obtain them, they still have stock values. Note: On my save, they are still NOT in my party.

Griffrez said:
In the future, item_kinds1.txt support would be awesome. =D

Many people want that. But I think I have to wait for the module system. They changed things at the item_kinds1 format...

Griffrez said:
EDIT: I just noticed that on your download page you say to NOT use Native, but I did, but I don't care still, if it goes wrong I just reinstall. =P

I never use Native for modding. I copy it and rename it to "Native Enhanced" or something else.
But the tools make a backup of every file, so you can use native, too.

Griffrez said:
EDIT 2: BTW, how can I make my companions stronger using the editor? I changed them, but when I went up to them to obtain them, they still have stock values. Note: On my save, they are still NOT in my party.

You should start a new game to test your changes, but bunnyhop wrotes:

"  That isn't 100% true...you can add new troops and attach their upgrade paths to current troops and have it all work in previous savegames.  You can even modify current troops however the game (internally) doesn't seem to properly update the troop if you already have it in party unless you talk to the the troop and learn about them or you lose all those troop types and re-recruit/upgrade to them.

That being said a new started game is ideally the best way to ensure no problems with the new troop modifications but for testing purposes it isn't 100% necessary.  "

Morgh

That sucks... But when I was testing, I did talk to my companions but the values were still stock. Meh... Gotta make a new game =(
But I didn't go very far though (Thank god =3)

LOLZ. I was just going to say that you just released and new version, and I was going to comment that you make a new version every 6 to 12 hours or something.

EDIT: Its better to just put the .exe on the mod's folder, so you don't have to remap the directory. =3

EDIT 2: I must say that modding tools are updated very, VERY, VERY, did I say VERY oftenly updated.

Back
Top Bottom