Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey morph, the big problem with using this problem is that it is not very compatible with the module system. It would be great creating your troops in this program. But you add items with the module system..this ****s up the work flow. Cuz if I'm not mistaken when you change anything in this program on troops etc. It overwrites everything the module system did to troops right?

Hermodr said:
Hey morph, the big problem with using this problem is that it is not very compatible with the module system. It would be great creating your troops in this program. But you add items with the module system..this ****s up the work flow. Cuz if I'm not mistaken when you change anything in this program on troops etc. It overwrites everything the module system did to troops right?

Morgh, not morph :smile:

This tool is for TXT files, it overwrites your python output, thats correct. If you make your module with python AND you want to use my tool (for troops, items and more), then you should only add the difference from your python output to the TXT files - thats the way I use my tool.

For example:  I work with placeholders. So I insert a number of blank factions, I call them fac_custom_XX . Python generates the relations for ALL factions. After that I only use my editor. Doesn't matter whether there are 10 blank factions or not. Same to party templates or parties.

But thats only for simple changes, if you want to make a full featured faction, then you have to do a lot things in every python file... beginning with the start script, where you can assign your troops, factions and else.

Working with text editors is nothing special to me. Also I have my own little tools which are making diffs and more. But I won't make them public, these are very simple tools without much graphic and controls.

I was thinking about generating a python output line parallel to the text output line, but I'm too lazy to do that. Maybe later, or - never. We will see...

Yeah this is a great program! But most of us can't use it because we need to use the module system for weapons and other things.

It would be great if you could send all the info you change in this program to the module system instead. And you compile it with the module system instead.

Hermodr said:
Yeah this is a great program! But most of us can't use it because we need to use the module system for weapons and other things.

Most of the M&B players are using GUI tools like these. They want their own sword, or their own troops. They change icons, or the color of a factions and their names, or they insert their own 3D model/texture.

These are not the people who make their own three complete new factions which are full featured kingdoms.

Only the people who are making complete modules are using python, but a really higher number of users are using tools like mine. And this tool is dedicated to this people.

I found a way to make menus which people can add to "custom" parties. These are sub menu bricks, generated with python. These bricks are working without any other script or menu. Every sub menu is a closed system. This is really difficult to make, because I can't use new variables and more. I always have to find a way how I can outwit the txt limitations. Thats worse, but also a challenge.

Hermodr said:
It would be great if you could send all the info you change in this program to the module system instead. And you compile it with the module system instead.

Stupid job. Just reading lines and headers, generating the whole sh** back to a .py file and run the batch file. No bitmasks, no hex values *snore* :grin:  - I'm kidding...
The challenge is to read it, keep all description markers (#) do the right syntax and put it back. Parallel to that you have to get the headers in a GUI (controls) like my flags.

I thought Lumos was working on a tool like that?

And people also won't understand this. They have to install python.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with Morgh's text tools, but the STR, AGI, INT, CHA of troops is being read incorrectly or set incorrectly, or something to that effect. For many many faction troops, it lists as 7 STR, 5 AGI, 4 INT, 4 CHA. For some, it lists as 15 / 5 / 4 / 4, and 15 is just 2^3 off, which is very suspicious. Could you please investigate this problem? The troops that I'm creating sometimes have the values I set. Other times, they don't even have anything close to what I've set.

Nate said:
Could a minimize button be added? It's a lot easier to be able to minimize when multi-tasking.

Not at this time.
When I insert width and height handling, I'll insert this, too - but this has no priority for me.

Cyrilix said:
I'm not sure if it's a problem with Morgh's text tools, but the STR, AGI, INT, CHA of troops is being read incorrectly or set incorrectly, or something to that effect. For many many faction troops, it lists as 7 STR, 5 AGI, 4 INT, 4 CHA. For some, it lists as 15 / 5 / 4 / 4, and 15 is just 2^3 off, which is very suspicious. Could you please investigate this problem? The troops that I'm creating sometimes have the values I set. Other times, they don't even have anything close to what I've set.

Did you always start a new game after making your changes?

Anybody else who can confirm that?

Morgh said:
Cyrilix said:

Did you always start a new game after making your changes?

Anybody else who can confirm that?

No, I didn't, but I wasn't under the impression that it was required. However, regardless of whether or not I start a new game, when I load up the troops.txt, I shouldn't be seeing 7/5/4/4 for stats for a whole slew of troops, right? I mean, the text file is the text file. It hasn't been edited except with the editing tool. How the game interprets this text file may be suspect, I agree, but regardless of how the game interprets it, the tools should see realistic values, right? BTW, I am running Steam, so I have to set up the folders myself, but I point it to Native.

Cyrilix said:
No, I didn't, but I wasn't under the impression that it was required. However, regardless of whether or not I start a new game, when I load up the troops.txt, I shouldn't be seeing 7/5/4/4 for stats for a whole slew of troops, right? I mean, the text file is the text file. It hasn't been edited except with the editing tool. How the game interprets this text file may be suspect, I agree, but regardless of how the game interprets it, the tools should see realistic values, right? BTW, I am running Steam, so I have to set up the folders myself, but I point it to Native.

No - start a new game and check this. I have no time at moment to verify this. The troop editor is released since four weeks, if there are really problems with these values,  more people would report this problem or confirm your bug report. Thats the reason why I think, thats just a problem with your saved game variables.

Morgh said:
Cyrilix said:

No - start a new game and check this. I have no time at moment to verify this. The troop editor is released since four weeks, if there are really problems with these values,  more people would report this problem or confirm your bug report. Thats the reason why I think, thats just a problem with your saved game variables.

What I'm saying is, regardless of my saved game variables... so, assume that I'm deleting all of my save games, all your text editor should do is to modify a certain troops.txt file, correct? So, if you open up troops.txt, look at the STR, AGI, INT, CHA of many troops (nord, vaegir, etc.), you should be seeing these values.

Next, if you do see these values, then start a game, and check the stats on the troops themselves. But, this is a completely separate issue. This is between the troops.txt and the save game file. The problem in my first paragraph is between troops.txt and your editor. There is no correlation between your editor and the save game file.

Greetings!

I've been using this tool for about a week now, and am loving it!  However, I've noticed one very annoying bug/(feature?) in particular:

Very often, but not always, when updating an item with a similar name to another item, the other item of a similar name will be deleted!! This happened to me with items such as itm_matchlock (Matchlock) and itm_matchlock_melee (Matchlock Melee), and items itm_musketeer_boots (or itm_musketeerboots) (Musketeer Boots) and itm_musketeer_hat (Musketeer Hat).

When this happens, every item following the deleted item is moved up, and the entire list is screwed up, leaving me with no other option than to resort to a previous itemkinds1.txt (thank goodness the program automatically backs up the previous file!). So, I don't know if this is a "bug", or some kind of feature, but I'd like to know how to avoid it if at all possible!

PS. Oddly enough, I have trouble replicating this bug except for when it just so happens to occur -- at which point, if I make any modifications, it will continue to occur until I do something differently.  I'm not having much luck figuring out why or how it happens -- I've just noticed it only happens with items that have similar names (though not identical).

Real Great Tool!

But one Question:
Item Editor
Can you add the ability, to change, where an item can be bought?
itm_arabian_horse_a Desert_Horse Desert_Horse 1  arabian_horse_a 0  65537 0 550 110595670016 0.000000 80 0 10 0 2 110 50 42 100 0 12 0
17 20

itm_courser Courser Courser 1  courser 0  65537 0 600 110595670016 0.000000 70 0 12 0 2 110 44 50 106 0 12 0

itm_arabian_horse_b Sarranid_Horse Sarranid_Horse 1  arabian_horse_b 0  65537 0 700 110595670016 0.000000 80 0 10 0 3 120 54 43 100 0 16 0

itm_hunter Hunter Hunter 2  hunting_horse 0  hunting_horse 34360000512  65537 0 810 110595670016 0.000000 60 0 18 0 3 160 44 43 108 0 24 0

itm_warhorse War_Horse War_Horse 1  warhorse 0  65537 0 1224 110595670016 0.000000 50 0 40 0 4 165 41 39 110 0 28 0
Here, i think, it's that in the third line when you look at Sarranid Horses (20 - Only in Sarranid Cities) and Desert Horses (17,20 - Sarranid and Khergit). I don't know, if my guess is right, but it would be cool, to make Nord-equipment only  be buyable in Nord-Cities.

Skjaldi said:
Real Great Tool!

But one Question:
Item Editor
Can you add the ability, to change, where an item can be bought?
itm_arabian_horse_a Desert_Horse Desert_Horse 1  arabian_horse_a 0  65537 0 550 110595670016 0.000000 80 0 10 0 2 110 50 42 100 0 12 0
17 20

itm_courser Courser Courser 1  courser 0  65537 0 600 110595670016 0.000000 70 0 12 0 2 110 44 50 106 0 12 0

itm_arabian_horse_b Sarranid_Horse Sarranid_Horse 1  arabian_horse_b 0  65537 0 700 110595670016 0.000000 80 0 10 0 3 120 54 43 100 0 16 0

itm_hunter Hunter Hunter 2  hunting_horse 0  hunting_horse 34360000512  65537 0 810 110595670016 0.000000 60 0 18 0 3 160 44 43 108 0 24 0

itm_warhorse War_Horse War_Horse 1  warhorse 0  65537 0 1224 110595670016 0.000000 50 0 40 0 4 165 41 39 110 0 28 0
Here, i think, it's that in the third line when you look at Sarranid Horses (20 - Only in Sarranid Cities) and Desert Horses (17,20 - Sarranid and Khergit). I don't know, if my guess is right, but it would be cool, to make Nord-equipment only  be buyable in Nord-Cities.

That's right. These lines are the faction. Give me a few days to add faction support.

Hibiki said:
Greetings!

I've been using this tool for about a week now, and am loving it!  However, I've noticed one very annoying bug/(feature?) in particular:

Very often, but not always, when updating an item with a similar name to another item, the other item of a similar name will be deleted!! This happened to me with items such as itm_matchlock (Matchlock) and itm_matchlock_melee (Matchlock Melee), and items itm_musketeer_boots (or itm_musketeerboots) (Musketeer Boots) and itm_musketeer_hat (Musketeer Hat).

When this happens, every item following the deleted item is moved up, and the entire list is screwed up, leaving me with no other option than to resort to a previous itemkinds1.txt (thank goodness the program automatically backs up the previous file!). So, I don't know if this is a "bug", or some kind of feature, but I'd like to know how to avoid it if at all possible!

PS. Oddly enough, I have trouble replicating this bug except for when it just so happens to occur -- at which point, if I make any modifications, it will continue to occur until I do something differently.  I'm not having much luck figuring out why or how it happens -- I've just noticed it only happens with items that have similar names (though not identical).

Could be a bug, and I think I know the problem. Give me some time to check this.

Thank you Morgh for these tools, it helps me enjoy the game even more.

I know what cyrilix is talking about -

Fresh install of 1.013 - no saves yet -> Troop Editor Shows most troops having stats

7 5 4 4 or 15 5 4 4            but not all of them.

Found this while triyng to change "Sword Sisters" a bit, so they would have 2 PS(in game they have 1) but editor shows they have 0???

Another exemple: Merc Horsmen in game have 1 ATH and 1 HA - in the editor those skills being both 0. In game stats: 16 6 6 12 in editor 7 5 4 4.

since i want to start a new game i want to make all the changes ahead of time, so please shed some light on this.

Gulatr said:
Thank you Morgh for these tools, it helps me enjoy the game even more.

I know what cyrilix is talking about -

Fresh install of 1.013 - no saves -> Troop Editor Shows most troops having stats

7 5 4 4 or 15 5 4 4            but not all of them.

Found this while triyng to change "Sword Sisters" a bit, so they would have 2 PS(in game they have 1) but editor shows they have 0???

since i want to start a new game i want to make all the changes ahead of time, so please shed some light on this.

Strange thing, because if the function won't work correctly the wohle troop line shoud be "damaged" if you save data.
I'll take a look to this function.

Back
Top Bottom