Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Man you gotta make a bugfix for that brilliant tool, coz:
CTD with:
" SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2060: Invalid Menu ID: 261; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. "

If I replace your changed "game_event_party_encounter -1" Script part with the original it works fine, no CTD, BUT then my custom menus arent working - you mind fixing that, plz coz 'tis an awesome tool you made. PS: Game only CTD when speaking with certain Lords/Kings on the Battlefield.

LOLLord Ben said:
Man you gotta make a bugfix for that brilliant tool, coz:
CTD with:
" SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2060: Invalid Menu ID: 261; LINE NO: 141:
At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. "

If I replace your changed "game_event_party_encounter -1" Script part with the original it works fine, no CTD, BUT then my custom menus arent working - you mind fixing that, plz coz 'tis an awesome tool you made. PS: Game only CTD when speaking with certain Lords/Kings on the Battlefield.

These are the problems, if people won't use v1.113 native based modules. This menu wizard really works fine if you build your module based on a native v1.113 module without any python modifications at scripts/menus or modifications from other users. The encounter works pefect if you accept the conditions/terms/rules.
I tried this code over 100 times, and I know what is happen if you make things wrong ...

So I can't help you.

well, i just tried to give some feedback. I understood soon enough that something might get wrong with using ENTER in the menu text. But isnt that just testing? becuse there probably will be SOMEONE that don't understand why, and will inevitable mess up. So for that reason i thought about reporting it.

And about food quality being mistaken for food morale, my bad. I thought i read something about that halfway through the thread and thought i should just correct that if others believed it aswell.

And about ID and such. You do sound a bit frustrated. Are you taking enough time off? Because im certain that your tool has helped many, including myself. So i think you DO make a wonder with all these .txt files, though i understand its not really organized enough to be comfortable to program with.

As for my module being trashed : well i thought i explained things rather clear. And there doesn't seem to be any problem whatsoever with my files. I have been gametesting for the past 2h and everything seems to work flawless. Dont really think i have to trash my module. And even if i have to, then so be it and i fix it when the need occurs. So far everything runs good.

pls do rest a little from all this in case its starting to go on your nerves.

Best Regards

I made a simple demo module, based on native v1.113. I just copied the native module and installed custom parties to this new module. Nothing more...
So you can try this.

You find the settlements in the vaegir zone, also where you can find Zendar (if activated).

Just download it here and unrar it to your modules folder!

DOWNLOAD

You also can use this module to apply your own things to it, or just as a base module which contains the custom menu enhancement.

Have fun...

Morgh

Dr.Snuggles said:
well, i just tried to give some feedback. I understood soon enough that something might get wrong with using ENTER in the menu text. But isnt that just testing? becuse there probably will be SOMEONE that don't understand why, and will inevitable mess up. So for that reason i thought about reporting it.

And about food quality being mistaken for food morale, my bad. I thought i read something about that halfway through the thread and thought i should just correct that if others believed it aswell.

And about ID and such. You do sound a bit frustrated. Are you taking enough time off? Because im certain that your tool has helped many, including myself. So i think you DO make a wonder with all these .txt files, though i understand its not really organized enough to be comfortable to program with.

As for my module being trashed : well i thought i explained things rather clear. And there doesn't seem to be any problem whatsoever with my files. I have been gametesting for the past 2h and everything seems to work flawless. Dont really think i have to trash my module. And even if i have to, then so be it and i fix it when the need occurs. So far everything runs good.

pls do rest a little from all this in case its starting to go on your nerves.

Best Regards

No worry :wink:
And yes, the TXT files are a frustrating thing...

I just inserted a code snipset which handles the return button. Thanks for reporting.
The morale thing is also a bit strange...

I also need more feedback about the menu wizard. There are bugs, but I have to separate the misusage from the real bugs. And most things is misusage. I just released a demo module, so people can see, THIS works! They also can look to the parties settings, how I activated/integrated the custom parties.

Morgh

Morgh said:
Man0waR said:
Morgh said:
Man0waR said:
I'm new to this kinda of tools so I have made something wrong. I can change the items and all, the putting the update and saving but in the game nothing happens, they just keep using the predefined items. What step did I make wrong? :sad:

Started a NEW game?  Most changes won't affect saved games...

yes, I always start a new game.

Same problem as with everything! Own items with a higher number (the real game ID) WON'T be used by the KI/troops if you haven't linked it to them.

All I'm trying to do is change the spiked helm of the vikings to the new helmets that are ingame. All the items I have are the standard ones.

Morgh's Mount & Blade TXT Tools v0.988b released!

Changes:

- Added setup routine. Down-loadable file is now a self-extractable GUI setup.exe. Just follow the instructions.

- Corrected parties.txt editor. AI settings corrected, added target party combo box.
- Personality setup now works correctly.

- Party_templates.txt editor now has all available featurs. I added:
  - Flags
  - Icons
  - Loot

- Both editors now contain ALL available icons. The number increased form 42 to 188, most are banners.
- Both editors won't accept target menu any longer. It's outdated since four years...

- Menu editor/wizard menu text fields won't accept ENTER key any longer, this will be automatically changed to " ^^ " to make a carriage return / line feed (CR/LF)

- Fixed a few minor bugs

Official download page

Native demo module, which contains custom menu enhancement:

Download demo module

I am using your Item Editor to add in a new item, its just to copy an existing item, rename it and give it new stats. Naturally the item goes to ID 600. But the game will not recognise item ID above 599. I am also using the cheatmenu to quick check that. How do I make it so the game will recognize IDs above 599 so I can get the items from the cheatmenu?

Thank you

Morgh said:
These are the problems, if people won't use v1.113 native based modules. This menu wizard really works fine if you build your module based on a native v1.113 module without any python modifications at scripts/menus or modifications from other users. The encounter works pefect if you accept the conditions/terms/rules.
I tried this code over 100 times, and I know what is happen if you make things wrong ...

So I can't help you.

OLOL, I USED a Native (Backup) Module 1.113!!! Also: yeeeeees, I read the instructions(!!!) (yeah there's some ppl that actually follow instructions - me being one of those) so I dunno, it must be random bug, because it ONLY appeared on one person - when Count Gulans (I think his name was) approached me/I approached him in the Battlefield.
Second - why is the Menu option "Trade with..." I add in my custom Settlement (yeah I made "Custom Party 1" a Settlement) disappearing after I save and load again - everything else (add Troops, Goods, etc.) stays but only the Option "Trade with ..." disappears after save 'n load?
Again: I used your tool on a totally unmodified backup'd Native mod.

Man0waR said:
All I'm trying to do is change the spiked helm of the vikings to the new helmets that are ingame. All the items I have are the standard ones.

What have you done exactly? Changing meshes, or just values?

While I am waiting for your reply to my earlier question Morgh, I wanted to say Great work on the editor.

I am also looking at the troop editor. There is no option there to change the cost to hire a troop type. Are we able to change their hiring costs?

LOLLord Ben said:
OLOL, I USED a Native (Backup) Module 1.113!!! Also: yeeeeees, I read the instructions(!!!) (yeah there's some ppl that actually follow instructions - me being one of those) so I dunno, it must be random bug, because it ONLY appeared on one person - when Count Gulans (I think his name was) approached me/I approached him in the Battlefield.
Second - why is the Menu option "Trade with..." I add in my custom Settlement (yeah I made "Custom Party 1" a Settlement) disappearing after I save and load again - everything else (add Troops, Goods, etc.) stays but only the Option "Trade with ..." disappears after save 'n load?
Again: I used your tool on a totally unmodified backup'd Native mod.

In your last post you said, the encounter won't work at Count "X". Now the merchants are the problem. I know that the merchants are making problems, but merchants are merchants and the script encounter has nothing to do with that.

The problem is, I have to reconstruct what people do, and they do a lot...

The encounter is nothing more than a function which contains the entries (jump points) to my menus and also a lot of other menus. If the game won't load a menu or redirect to a wrong menu, I can do NOTHING. My requirement to this encounter script is, that it works correctly. I included my menus in the same way as Zendar, Salt mine, and other inactive settlements are included -> these are absolutley fix jump points  p_custom_1 directs to menu_custom_1. Theres no other function/script or else which calls my menu. So if the game links to my menus, calling them instead of its own, I really can do nothing. Thats simply a bug. Also my menus are at the bottom of the menus.txt. They are not in range of the used menus.

The merchants are a quite antother thing. These sub menu is based on the town merchants. May be there are bugs, but I couldn't reconstruct them yet!

The only real existing bug which I reconstructed a few times, is buying cattle! But nobody said anything about the cattles. But I know, that these function really has a bug :grin:

Finch said:
While I am waiting for your reply to my earlier question Morgh, I wanted to say Great work on the editor.

I am also looking at the troop editor. There is no option there to change the cost to hire a troop type. Are we able to change their hiring costs?

Maybe, but not in troops.txt.

Did you updated and saved your changes?
Does the line 2 contain the correct count of items? Are the values ok?

If you want to add items to troops, you have to use the troop editor.

Also I can say nothing to your game cheat...

If you are a developer, you always have to tell the users that we (the developer) only can help, if the user is doing things in a right way. I can't help at misusage and I also can't help with problems due to other 3rd party software.

Misusages are: text editing, wrong values, wrong flags, capabilities, wrong file versions, wrong program versions.
I'm not liable to all these kinds of misusage, or let's say "possible misusage".

If you have a problem, my requirement to you is, that you tell me 100% EXACTLY what you have done. Tell me EACH SINGLE step you have done.
Something like "I changed a troop which is part of the native module" is saying the same to me as: "The sun is shining if I look through the window" ! That says NOTHING to me. Your report or support-request should be as precise/specific as possible.

Supporting these software in a language which isn't my native tongue will also result in a lot of misunderstanding. If your native tongue isn't english, too, this wouldn't make it better...

As a developer, network and system administrator and IT freelancer since over 20 years, I know what people are capable to do :grin:
So excuse me, my patience isn't always the best.

Morgh

Morgh said:
Did you updated and saved your changes?
Does the line 2 contain the correct count of items? Are the values ok?

I think I did add the item correctly in the editor. To practice I have edited the values of existing items and they come out as I expected. Is the game able to recognise items with ID's greater than 600? Because if you look in the cheatmenu, item count do not go higher than 599.

And I will try again to put in an item. I will list out my steps here so you can help me check and see what I did wrong.

Finch said:
I think I did add the item correctly in the editor. To practice I have edited the values of existing items and they come out as I expected. Is the game able to recognise items with ID's greater than 600? Because if you look in the cheatmenu, item count do not go higher than 599.

And I will try again to put in an item. I will list out my steps here so you can help me check and see what I did wrong.

Which cheat menu? Where are you looking for items in the game?

No, the game won't use item ID's higher than 599 at troops and else without your intervention. You have to do your own linking. You can buy your items at merchants, or you can put them into the troop's inventory.

The biggest problem is, that everything which isn't inserted with python has to be linked to the game in a "special" way. Not every time, but in most cases.

It is the cheatmenu, where you enable 'cheats' then go to 'Camp' and the game gives you a Cheatmenu. Using that you can find all the items the game can recognize. Thank you for your answer. Now to look for some tutorial on how to use python.

Finch said:
It is the cheatmenu, where you enable 'cheats' then go to 'Camp' and the game gives you a Cheatmenu. Using that you can find all the items the game can recognize. Thank you for your answer. Now to look for some tutorial on how to use python.

You can add your items to troops using the troop editor. Just put it to the inventory of the troops.
I just want to say, that you have to do that, because without doing that, no troop will use your item.

Same with troops, game will not use them, until you link them in an upgrade path, or put them into party templates, or use the custom menus to get your new troops.

If you use python now, and copy the txt output to your module folder, your TXT changes are lost. If you installed custom menus/parties, also these are lost. So keep care what you are doing now.

Back
Top Bottom