Modding tools are a month overdue...What happened TW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Whole world is going through the pandemic, and I don't think that many people show that much empathising with a for-profit company.

Is communication really that much more difficult when online video chatting and instant messaging is extremely common in 2020? Is working from home really that difficult in a software development environment where you're working on a computer and sharing your work with other employees via an Internet connection whether you're at home or not? I'm occasionally working from home myself at the moment and it isn't as disruptive as everyone claims. Sure, the pandemic lockdown in Turkey will have made things more difficult for Taleworlds to some extent, but it shouldn't be the excuse for everything.

Bannerlord's development process took a very long time even before there was a pandemic. It seems that this is just the rate at which TW works, pandemic or not.
Immagine, that you would have to almost every day know last updated version of game engine, so you can work on it. Thats would be rly bad for making it. And also, you would have to from time to time download whole game again to work on it, also communication is key here. Its really doable but also its more time consuming, and thats why it can spend more time than working without this pandemic thing.

That's not how working from home works at all. You have the latest game build because you BUILT IT YOURSELF, not downloaded it like a beta tester peasant. Communications is solved by apps already. If village teachers can teach kids remotely, high tech game devs can talk to each other whenever and however they want.
It's even less time-consuming than working in an office, because you can't get interrupted. Unless you have kids and they are at home. Then it's hell and you'll probably get fired because you can't get anything done.
Also think how mod devs from around the world work together and do great things with less resources than a game dev company. Modders always work in pandemic mode.

That's not how working from home works at all. You have the latest game build because you BUILT IT YOURSELF, not downloaded it like a beta tester peasant. Communications is solved by apps already. If village teachers can teach kids remotely, high tech game devs can talk to each other whenever and however they want.
It's even less time-consuming than working in an office, because you can't get interrupted. Unless you have kids and they are at home. Then it's hell and you'll probably get fired because you can't get anything done.
Also think how mod devs from around the world work together and do great things with less resources than a game dev company. Modders always work in pandemic mode.
Like Robert Space Industries ? (even if i admire his visions as hes a great pioneer and wish his project the best)

They suddenly remembered that they don't have to give a rats ass about the playerbase since they've cashed out already. An overwhelming majority of Bannerlord sales for all time to come, has already been consumated. There's no point in working on the game anymore.

TLDR: Taleworlds doesn't give a ****.

When the mod tools arrive, I won't mind updates. modders will do in 1 month what tw did in 6 months. a disgraceful development process
Yes and i dont want to sound like disrespectful or anything but these modders should def do an game of their own because they are really effective and have really good ideas....And im def not being sarcastic right now...Go modders go!!! I love you long time. Start organising yourselves to free these doubters and give birth to more wonderful games that this world needs. There can never be to many!!!

Last edited:
Hiring works more on budget hiring a new dev will of course entail the upfront cost and upkeep hiring several could set the company into bankruptcy as hiring too many for faster productivity is not what happens since they still have to learn the engine and API tests before actually getting into developing these things usually take around a year and a half which they still have to pay them for expanding rapidly will not lead to success it will lead to more failure as you still have to pay these people i have seen this happen a few times before, and hiring rapidly will not increase speed it will decrease as the current devs still have to teach them hiw to work in the part they are going to work in this takes a while so by the time one starts developing there will already be lot more in the wit if they expand too rapidly.
by that logic modders must all be absolute 5000 iq geniuses cause they seem to be able to patch stuff into the game within days without any devs teaching them anything or learning for year and a half as a hobby

by that logic modders must all be absolute 5000 iq geniuses cause they seem to be able to patch stuff into the game within days without any devs teaching them anything or learning for year and a half as a hobby
yeah like i said they should definitely do games since they are so talented + effective and with great ideas. Idk why they havent got together and made the epic game of all times (and im def not being sarcastic now!!! because this world needs more good games)....I could introduce em to my lobster friends in wallstreet but then they must deliver in time

Last edited:
No its just a modder does not work with the same rules a company does

No its just a modder does not work with the same rules a company does
there are no set rules for how a company is to function and operate. there are only efficient companies and inefficient companies.
Judging by what you 've seen TW do in the last few months, would you say they are efficient? lol i can get a group of university students and have more done in the same amount of time. this is the information age. speed and efficiency is king. old bureaucratic ways are outdated. the more flexible the more likely you'll succeed. if i was running things i would have reached out to all the popular modders by june and hired them for consulting positions. and by now the game would be better than you can imagine.

there are no set rules for how a company is to function and operate. there are only efficient companies and inefficient companies.
Judging by what you 've seen TW do in the last few months, would you say they are efficient? lol i can get a group of university students and have more done in the same amount of time. this is the information age. speed and efficiency is king. old bureaucratic ways are outdated. the more flexible the more likely you'll succeed. if i was running things i would have reached out to all the popular modders by june and hired them for consulting positions. and by now the game would be better than you can imagine.
Yet still that does not argue with my first point numbers do not call for success it makes it much harder for work to get done when you have to teach somebody hiw an engine works and also judging by TW and most of their employees being just out of university no you can't get them to be more efficient. Numbers usually hurt a company more in the first 3 years and that is a long term investment if hiring even 15 new employees not only will there be managment problems it would also slow down development speed i do not know what point you are getting at so i wont respond further.

Yet still that does not argue with my first point numbers do not call for success it makes it much harder for work to get done when you have to teach somebody hiw an engine works and also judging by TW and most of their employees being just out of university no you can't get them to be more efficient. Numbers usually hurt a company more in the first 3 years and that is a long term investment if hiring even 15 new employees not only will there be managment problems it would also slow down development speed i do not know what point you are getting at so i wont respond further.
you are just talking out of your ass man. when TW complained it was too difficult to implement perks, a modder came from outside, looked into the game files without prior knowledge, self taught the engine. and implemented all the perks within a couple of weeks on his free time. are you saying someone with this ability is going to hurt their progress once he's officially working with them? if so then please stop talking. period. nobody on earth needs to hear more of your opinions, ever

Hiring all the modders for consulting ? For Soon sake im glad you're not running my business (No offence ment to my hero modders)
However listening in on good ideas of which enthusiast and fans which modders are isn't bad at all but then it must stick in the end as some mods can actually raise the specific requirements of which is set before buying the game to / then you have perhaps an legal "loss" on your throat...but to be fair thats already written somewhere most prob as security measures ^^ lawyer stuff works in their mysterious ways to

+ Im down for an sequel to but it seems people want it to spend it all on development of which Robert Space industry have shown us isnt that easy
However then we have the small team contra the income ofc but that is another thing since we have no clue what the investments has been costing

Last edited:
you are just talking out of your ass man. when TW complained it was too difficult to implement perks, a modder came from outside, looked into the game files without prior knowledge, self taught the engine. and implemented all the perks within a couple of weeks on his free time. are you saying someone with this ability is going to hurt their progress once he's officially working with them? if so then please stop talking. period. nobody on earth needs to hear more of your opinions, ever
They never complained about not being able to implement perks that you took ut of your ass completely and that still has nothing to do with what i said anyway to make this easier for you to understand here is the jist of it. If you are going to change something that is deactivated in code its better to remain that way as activating them would not only make it harder to change things that would have been easy if it was not activated and leaving the smallest mistake could lead to more problems then that perk would have helped with its just not practical to activate something you are going to change as the cons for that completely outway the pros

They wanted to showcase all the "exciting" new features they had to offer for Gamescom 2020, when in reality the content they were showcasing was rushed and overall incomplete, it's a matter of marketing. You can't show up to Gamescom 2020 with nothing to show, so you show content that you are still working on with the hopes that you'll be able to finish it within a reasonable amount of time and release it shortly after showcasing it in Gamescom. Sadly the reality seems to be they showcased Modding Tools before they were actually ready for release and so they built up expectations for the community that they unfortunately are struggling to meet.

Back
Top Bottom