Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed in Europe 1200 that some Kings(Castillian, Aragonese and Leonese) had some daughters to marry, but that didn't mean nothing and was weird, because after the marriage we didn't have the King as father-in-law.

Locates said:
I noticed in Europe 1200 that some Kings(Castillian, Aragonese and Leonese) had some daughters to marry, but that didn't mean nothing and was weird, because after the marriage we didn't have the King as father-in-law.

Interesting, I never did look into 1200. I was a 1257 man myself you see. But its nice to see some progression into that territory.

First and foremost, this: :wink:

medieval-2-total-war-20060120002853944.jpg

The picture is from Medieval II - Total War. Ignore the cannons, they are from later medieval era. But this game not at all focuses on age of 1257, i.e. the high medieval age as developers state in every preview.

This is what M&B has lacked from beginning, and will lack in every future versions should those options be considered by the developers, who don't seem interested at all.

There was a mod for M&B that allowed artillery in battles but I don't remember it's name, haven't played that for a long time.

So I make this proposal, why don't add artillery in the game? In battle, good. But with that ****ty bugged terrain it is impossible. And at least a simple artillery unit like a catapult can be added. You can hope to take down at least 25 units with it when positioned and fired properly.

Sounds can be added easily. The game engine is too desperate and poor to handle breaking of walls or marks of stone fire on the ground. But it CAN raise the dust effects.

So what ye all think, mateys? :razz:

:grin: how about a mod dealing with "The Crisis of the Third Century"
5 factions : Arabian, Persian, African & 2 roman factions

954026.jpg
romans-crisis-of-the-third-century.jpg

383207.jpg

754236554d31.jpg

3182292f1f2b.jpg

7ebd6634ec6e.jpg

picture1bv.png

picture2pm.png

picture3nm.png

78ba69a612a3.jpg

5aa2b1eb43fd.jpg

dfrt.png

ba24f98b388b.jpg

Early_Sassanid_Cavalry.jpg

999f77ad746f.jpg

6e9ca10239de.jpg

romana271.jpg

Factions

Middle Imperial Romans 193AD-324AD

1745_face.jpg
1744_face.jpg
1746_face.jpg

1747_face.jpg
1748_face.jpg
1749_face.jpg

Early Sassanid Persians 220AD-428AD

1017_face.jpg
1018_face.jpg
1019_face.jpg

1020_face.jpg
1021_face.jpg
1022_face.jpg

Palmyrans 260AD-272AD

1167_face.jpg
1171_face.jpg
1168_face.jpg

1170_face.jpg
1172_face.jpg
1169_face.jpg

Blemye Nubians 30BC-650AD

1421_face.jpg
1423_face.jpg

1424_face.jpg
1422_face.jpg

belamyysz.png

minor / unplayable

early migration Germanic Tribes

1093_face.jpg

1173_face.jpg
1094_face.jpg
1174_face.jpg

1095_face.jpg
1096_face.jpg
1175_face.jpg

Berbers 25AD-696AD

1049_face.jpg
1050_face.jpg
1043_face.jpg

Gorkamorka (Search it. I'm too green and unproven to link to things)

lK4Qh.jpg

I want this mod. The Warhammer 40k universe, in all its bombastic, over-the-top glory are a far cry from the historical focus of most M&B mods, and while a few exist based on Wh40k, I feel a golden opportunity has been missed.

Gorkamorka was a game that put the player in command of a small mob of Orks. Through brutal cunning and cunning brutality they'd fight against the mobs of other players. Over time units would gain experience and better gear, and there was a pleasingly random element to it.
Unfortunately it was never that popular due to poor support from GW and cost.

After playing a fair amount of M&B Warband it occurred to me that it'd be the perfect platform to make some sort of homage to Gorkamorka. It'd be an ambitious undertaking, but also really really cool. A lot of the mechanics would translate well over to M&B, but I don't myself have the modding or modelling skills to achieve this.

Map (screen stretchy):
S2bKy.jpg

I'll make a more detailed post if anyone's interesting.

An idea I had reading althistory wiki,this one http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Sundered_Veil

What if THIS world would have magic?

I thought,"why not making a mod for M&B set in the Medieval world,THIS Medieval world,but with magic?".
Think of English,French,Neapolitan,Spanish,Moorish,Saracen or German knights with a sword in a hand,and a fireball in another one.It would be the most awesome things of all awesome things.

Magic can be implemented in M&B,The Gathering Storm is an excellent example.
It wouldn't be a fantasy world,though also not a realistic world.Sort of a semi-fantasy world.

It must be noted that I can't do any kind of modding for the game,but I think that I can estabilish lore,make some research and so on.

i have an idea, have you ever heard about story of the "Bharata yudha" ?
i guess it will be a good story
its tell about the struggle between pandawa and kurawa clans (in fact they are in the same family) for the throne of Astina, their ancestors kingdom

Temujin_Khan said:
i have an idea, have you ever heard about story of the "Bharata yudha" ?
i guess it will be a good story
its tell about the struggle between pandawa and kurawa clans (in fact they are in the same family) for the throne of Astina, their ancestors kingdom

I back this. Well the Astina you named is actually called Hastinapur, and is currently surrounded by New Delhi, India's capital. And a war between Pandavas and Kaurawas would be great. :grin: Always wanted an Indian based mod......

Also another fitting time would be the rise of Mauryan Empire, about the same time when rise of Roman Empire happened. Or probably the end of Mauryans and Guptas, and breaking down of India into clans, city states and increasing rivalry and civil war, with Islam's arrival in the game at a point. :smile:

I would say, if someone ever makes such mod, I would just say "Ishwar apko lambi zindagi dey" :razz:

I'd like to see a Skyrim mod for Warband.

Now before someone tells me about how it's way too complicated, let me clarify-

I want to see the Skyrim Civil War in Mount and Blade. No dragons, no monsters, just Stormcloaks and Imperials in MP skirmishes.

Magic would be a secondary feature at best, it's not a necessity (neither faction really used magic for warfare), new races wouldn't be too important (imperials were mostly imperial natives, and stormcloaks were racist nords) and it would mainly be a graphical/equipment based mod rather than a detailed complicated project that adds dragons and giants and ridiculous stuff that would take forever to be added into M&B.

I am not a modder, but maybe one day I will be up to it. I was thinking of a little project and was looking for input towards that end.

What if someone got Swadia from the vanilla game and cut it out and made it its own map (or just isolated it), with no other factions involved. The origional Swadian Kingdom has 4 cities and 10 Castles, so we split it down the middle between the Loyalists under King Harluas and the Rebels fighting for Lady Isolla of Suno. And thus is born the Swadian Cvil War mod.

The idea is to keep the origional map of Swadia the same but fill it with more stuff. Though the largest of the origional Kingdoms, it would be small by normal standards and thus allow for manageable campaigns. We could get the best parts of the best mods, with permission mind you, from Brytenwalda, Prophesy of Pendor, Floris and Sword of Damocles for a fun experience for those that don't have the time to trudge through a multifaction map spanning  an entire continent. Throw in some Arthurian Legends (like a quest for the grail) into the backdrop and there you have it.

It's just something I thought up, would be cool if I could go through the tutorials and work on it. A guy has to have a dream, but would people want this?

It would be too small, campaign would be over before you knew it. People would play it once then be done. Maybe you could put it on the regular map and try to code in a way that requires all Swadian lands to be unified before anyone can declare war on the Loyalists or rebels.

chargers1783 said:
It would be too small, campaign would be over before you knew it. People would play it once then be done. Maybe you could put it on the regular map and try to code in a way that requires all Swadian lands to be unified before anyone can declare war on the Loyalists or rebels.

The origional land space for the Swadians is quite large, but you are right. There would have to be some kind of signal for the factions to respond to before they could begin trying to wipe each other out. That way land and titles aren't changed around before the player is done playing around.

The Key to all this is the Marshalls. So long as a faction has no active marshall they will not gather up in groups and take castles and cities. We could make it so that the Marshalls are disabled untill the player joins a faction, but I don't know if that is possible.

In addition, cities can be intially garrisoned with formidable forces to bar anything but a concentrated attack from working, or even player intervention. Again, just hypotheticals. The point was to make a good experience on a small map, that way the various villages and cities have some meaning to the player. Though I don't suppose it would be bad if we made the map a little bigger, but I wanted a pure Swadian experience (with foreign mercs and invasions thrown in).

What do you think?

Well, even though the Swadian lands are quite large they would need to be expanded so the player would be able to have time to screw around and do all the start of the game stuff. The problem with that is depending on how long it takes for the player to join a faction, if the player takes 2 months then one clan would've most likely gained the upper hand. It is a very good idea. I'll just throw an idea in there, let's say Swadia conquers all of Calradia (We know that would never happen with Harlaus though) then you could split the map between the 2 factions. This would give a nice long campaign and it would you give you much more time to prepare because the power struggle for land would be very balanced, especially if you raised the number of forces garrisoned. Or if you want to stick to a small map maybe make the villages have the ability to have garrisons so that there is no shortage of places to capture, then you could make farms and that would be the equivalent of a village. And possibru like in Native Expansion have a Nord Invasion or a Rhodok one.

chargers1783 said:
Or if you want to stick to a small map maybe make the villages have the ability to have garrisons so that there is no shortage of places to capture, then you could make farms and that would be the equivalent of a village.

Garrisoned, Capturable Villages. Pure genius if I do say so myself, but I don't think its been done before. Brytenwalda had a system like that but not with capturable villages.

Again though, it would all depend on the player deciding when the war lines would begin to shift.

I don't know how it would be done, I have no experience with modding, always wanted to try to make a mod. I'm sure that there is some code for how towns and castles have garrisons and that could be imported to villages.

chargers1783 said:
I don't know how it would be done, I have no experience with modding, always wanted to try to make a mod. I'm sure that there is some code for how towns and castles have garrisons and that could be imported to villages.

Maybe one day then. Thanks for your time.

Owen Wulfson said:
I am not a modder, but maybe one day I will be up to it. I was thinking of a little project and was looking for input towards that end.

What if someone got Swadia from the vanilla game and cut it out and made it its own map (or just isolated it), with no other factions involved. The origional Swadian Kingdom has 4 cities and 10 Castles, so we split it down the middle between the Loyalists under King Harluas and the Rebels fighting for Lady Isolla of Suno. And thus is born the Swadian Cvil War mod.

The idea is to keep the origional map of Swadia the same but fill it with more stuff. Though the largest of the origional Kingdoms, it would be small by normal standards and thus allow for manageable campaigns. We could get the best parts of the best mods, with permission mind you, from Brytenwalda, Prophesy of Pendor, Floris and Sword of Damocles for a fun experience for those that don't have the time to trudge through a multifaction map spanning  an entire continent. Throw in some Arthurian Legends (like a quest for the grail) into the backdrop and there you have it.

It's just something I thought up, would be cool if I could go through the tutorials and work on it. A guy has to have a dream, but would people want this?
It's an interesting idea, but may lack the staying power of multiple kingdom game. People really like the variety of choosing different sides and fighting varied opponents. You will need to provide additional variety in fighting troops and varied compositions of lord parties.
It is a worthwhile coding exercise, though, and may provide a casual ("manageable") Warband experience for people who don't have the time to go through epic campaigns (aka. "the grind"), as you mentioned.
It is also possible to simply add a "civil war" feature to Warband, similar to the claimant campaigns, but triggering automatically, like when there is a certain level of discontent among lords in a kingdom.

I sometimes post ideas but hardly ever get positive feedback! Curse my feeble non-modding brain!

How about a "Capital Cities" mod?

Imagine for example "Praven" much,much larger as a map icon to start with. Then imagine upon entry to the city , a large area of city to roam through, in fact many areas of city separated by gates ( like the gate for entry to castle) . You could have a poor quarter, a merchants quarter with guilds, a rich quarter etc, etc. Random encounters with theives and rogues! It would be great wouldn't it? But I can't make it because my old brain doesn't work that way!

I've always thought games like Oblivion and morrowind lack large battles and I've always thought Warband and Mount and Blade lack large cities and dungeons...............

Just a thought............... 

MadVader said:
Owen Wulfson said:

It's an interesting idea, but may lack the staying power of multiple kingdom game. People really like the variety of choosing different sides and fighting varied opponents. You will need to provide additional variety in fighting troops and varied compositions of lord parties.
It is a worthwhile coding exercise, though, and may provide a casual ("manageable") Warband experience for people who don't have the time to go through epic campaigns (aka. "the grind"), as you mentioned.
It is also possible to simply add a "civil war" feature to Warband, similar to the claimant campaigns, but triggering automatically, like when there is a certain level of discontent among lords in a kingdom.
Related, see Claimant's Rebellion

Back
Top Bottom