SP Native A Conspiracy of Kings - Brief Peak, Page 31

Should having a small section of Genoria be a pre-release or post release priority?

• Pre-Release

Votes: 72 58.5%
  • Post-Release

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lueii

Grandmaster Knight

Bringing Story to Warband.

The History of the Peninsula of the Old League
So! You wish to know the story.  Well then we must start at the beginning.

In the begining there was a league.  A league of Seven mighty empires, kingdoms, duchies, and republics.

These nations were Aenae of the papal states, the Duchy of Genoria, the Kingdom of Maris, the Gateway to the west called Bastion, the Republic of Rema, the Calradian Empire of Suno, and Lastly the Eternal City where the League of Seven met in council.
  Together they held each other in check, held themselves accountable to their people.  The league was supposed to be a force of moderation and peace.
  But not all things stay as they were supposed to be...

The Emperor in Suno dominated the league for most of it's history, sometimes utterly controlling it.  Then, in a stunning moment....the emperor betrayed the league.  He pulled the Empire's support from the league, seceding, effectively becoming a rogue nation.  then, with his Svadian mercenaries he lauched a bloody assault on the Eternal city, effectively signifying the end of the great league.

In the last grand gesture of the crumbling league, Genoria and Rema, the last survivors of the league lauched a joint invasion and the Calradian Empire.  It was doomed to failure.  But such a failure that it was a sucess, for the empire's victory was phyrric.  The empire was so drained, when the Svadian mercenaries revolted and looted Suno, the only men guarding the city was the emperor and his three little sons and therefore the empire fell to it's knees.

In the year 1257 the Kingdom of Maris (now Marei) launched a full scale invasion against the Genorian nation state and all the other fragmented cities of the Peninsula of the old league.  The north fell in a month and for a time, Maris' knife was at the throats of all of the nations.

At this moment, Genoria gathered those nations that survived and in Genoria's hallowed halls the Genorian league of dukes gathered and made a final lstand against the Kingdom of Maris.  And in two pitched battles they utterly crushed their armies forcing Maris into a peace treaty, settling only with the north of the peninsula.

The league remained intact out of fear that one day, Maris would invade.

But the invasion never came.  And two hundred years have weathered the league. In 1372 the city of Rema, long an ally to Genoria, seceded from the league, bringing Nomin with it, causing a brief and bloody civil war. 

To make matters worse, the last scion of the main line of House Artassiese died childless.  In the politicking that followed, Genoria's hand of the duke, Senor Jean Delisle da Dalota turned to the descendant of Lezalit the Adventurer who went to the broken realms of Calradia, a swadian named Lezalit de Pravenne and made him Duke of Genoria and Arch-Duke of the league. Members of ducal families throughout the league feel cheated of the ducal coronet and in some cities, daily riots, uprisings, and coups pull at the leagues ragged fabric...

And now, he all must ask ourselves:
  "How long till it tears asunder....."

A Conspiracy of Kings: Lions of Calradia - "Lonely Souls" Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-ZxBqHOkA&feature=youtu.be

Song "Lonely Souls" by UNKLE

Coming Fall 2013!

Pravenne Prologue Features
-A storyline based in the city of Pravenne (Praven) and the surrounding countryside
-Free form Gameplay
-Beautiful scenes and reason to explore
-Immerve writing, characters, and atmosphere

Features:
-A quest based storyline set in the fabled land of Genoria amidst the crumbling of the Genorian league and the advance of a new, more shadowy league, out to avenge humiliations of past centuries on the fabled city itself.  Intrigue.  Murder.  War.  But at the heart is a mystery.  A dark lie told for decades.
-Decisions based upon ethics
-Rounded Characters and Companions, multifaceted with personalities and (hopefully) sympathisable attributes
-Action based combat (duh!) in interesting combat encounters (forsee streetfights in our future)
-Romance!
-Clear textboxs
-New soundtrack
-Story based character creation
-New multiplayer mode similar to deathmatch about intrigue in a court

"I Dunno how the heck I can do that!" (don't count on it) Features:
-Cinematics!
-New animations (combat, and moving mouths)
-New bodies for humans
-Voiced! (Fully voiced if possible)
-New soundtrack (Thinking two steps from hell if at all possible)

Team:

Lead:
Lueii

Modelers:
Demonwolf
Nodscouter
Rigadoon

Writers:
Lueii
Roran 13
Mandible
Belendor
Demonwolf
Lithis

Voice volunteers:
shadowarcher
Belendor

Map:
Viera
TheDarkRobin

Credits:
Lazlo - For Blue Gambeson
Pinky - For Brigandine
Handgunner - For Brig Half-Plate
Narf - Armor
Caba'drin - Bodyguard script
Giant Mod - Manidble
Rejernost sounds
Ambient Sound Track - Adorno
Gandalf the Grey's Kings and Kingdoms Soundtrack - Justin Durban​

Pravenne - Prologue

Assorted shots from daytime:

Sounds interesting, will this only be new menu options, or also a new map, faction, story/questline?

Minor thing though: You are the daughter of Jean Delisle, a minor noble who became... The Sir Delisle.

Transgender in Warband? :grin:

EDIT: Unless Jean Delisle is a guy and you mean that your 'father' became a Sir?

Arch3r said:
Sounds interesting, will this only be new menu options, or also a new map, faction, story/questline?

Minor thing though: You are the daughter of Jean Delisle, a minor noble who became... The Sir Delisle.

Transgender in Warband? :grin:

EDIT: Unless Jean Delisle is a guy and you mean that your 'father' became a Sir?

Aye.  The Latter.  It will be a whole new map, set in the same world but around the city (erroneously) called Geroia by Calradians.
It will have a quest based storyline, (like the intro quest and Astroniar Adventure) with ethic-based decisions (I so stole that :wink:) and a serious story around the murder of a loved one.

Sounds awesome. I love new maps and am I correct in assuming that this city called "Geroia" is Calradia's neighbour? If it is then will there be contact with Calradia at all? Cool features btw.

MasterCaruyn said:
Sounds awesome. I love new maps and am I correct in assuming that this city called "Geroia" is Calradia's neighbour? If it is then will there be contact with Calradia at all? Cool features btw.

Why go to that fetid backwater! :mrgreen:

Yes, in fact calradia played a massive role once in Genorian (Geroian) history.

Lueii said:
MasterCaruyn said:

Why go to that fetid backwater! :mrgreen:

Yes, in fact calradia played a massive role once in Genorian (Geroian) history.
The reason I want to go back to that fetid backwater is to destroy it, Harlaus first.  :grin: So how long have you been secretly working on this  :grin:?

Started in December.  Progressed little but my hope is when I get artillary into Blood and Roses, I'll have more time.

Edit: Long die Harleus!

A very interesting idea indeed. Although I think that starting as a Marshall or a king is a bit abusive...you should start as heir for such position(s) and when you rise higher .. you will take on that position.

Starting as a King but then still in Level 1 with few renown, honor and poor relations with other lords sucks alot. But by same logic starting already with renown, honor and good relations destroys all the gameplay and there's simply no reason to play it.

You should share more information in what you are planning to do.  :???:

Anyways, Good luck!  :wink:

Winterz said:
A very interesting idea indeed. Although I think that starting as a Marshall or a king is a bit abusive...you should start as heir for such position(s) and when you rise higher .. you will take on that position.

Starting as a King but then still in Level 1 with few renown, honor and poor relations with other lords sucks alot. But by same logic starting already with renown, honor and good relations destroys all the gameplay and there's simply no reason to play it.

I think that screenshot is about what the father's profession was. Like Native's choices of your father being: impoverished noble, veteran warrior, etc. If that is what you're referring to.

Winterz said:

This:

I think that screenshot is about what the father's profession was. Like Native's choices of your father being: impoverished noble, veteran warrior, etc. If that is what you're referring to.

Planned Features up soon.

Thanks!  When we get this mod up in development we will need this team:

1 Lead Artist
1 Scene maker
2 Modelers
1(2) Animator(s)
-1 for combat
-1 (maybe) for cinematics
1 Map editor
3 Writers
-1 for NPC dialogue
-1 for Descriptions
-1 for helping make quests of the story or to consult to make sure we deliver an awesome story

Need Now:
-A story consultant to help me lay the groundwork.  Already have the main plot of the story.  Just need to decide how to execute it in it's entirety.

Maybe when i release my mod, i can be available to help you about NPC dialogues,signatures,logo and descriptions(Didnt understand what you meant).

Lueii said:
It's not that I can't do those things.  I simply think having someone else help me would be more effective.
Actually i had meant helping you with all aspects of Coding with my best, but whatever i just thought i dont have enough time.

Back
Top Bottom