Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm divorced, I'd send my ex-wife in armed only with a butter knife.........................

Anyway, Does anyone know of a resource where i can find a suitable armour for a pikeman from the 1600's?

You know the type, a breastplate with lobster tails down the front, over cloth. I already know of the striped armour from BNL 80 years war but i'm looking for something more English civil war period.........

I saw some the other day in a mod somewhere but can't for the life of me find it now............

Any help would be lovingly cherished

Spartan Total Warrior mod? o_O it would be the sweetest thing EVER imo, 3 factions, Spartans, Romans and Barbarians. Have classes like this.
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker
(Can't remember if the Barbarians have archers or not)

And maybe bosses for each like that only 1 person can have like Vikingr
King Leonidas (Because the Spartan would be too powerful :razz:)
Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

Combat would be very dynamic and fast, preferably with beheading! And maps like "Barbarian village" "Colloseum" or "Trojan Ruins"

I was watching the stargate sg1 at night and i startted thinkin that it would be cool to play stargate on M&B warband. So is there someone who wants to do it? i can think more things for the mod if someone is interested

KillerMongoose said:
Spartan Total Warrior mod? o_O it would be the sweetest thing EVER imo, 3 factions, Spartans, Romans and Barbarians. Have classes like this.
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker

Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

Combat would be very dynamic and fast, preferably with beheading! And maps like "Barbarian village" "Colloseum" or "Trojan Ruins"
I can't remember that Spartans and Romans ever fought in history..

Zaakjes said:
KillerMongoose said:
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker

Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

The Romans conquered Greece around about 148bc so they must have fought each other.

Zaakjes said:
KillerMongoose said:
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker

Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

Nah, he's talking about a game that was for the original Xbox about 6 years ago. Look up "Spartan: Total Warrior" Its a fantasy game about romans invading Sparta.

shadowarcher said:
Zaakjes said:
KillerMongoose said:
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker

Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

The Romans conquered Greece around about 148bc so they must have fought each other.

During the Punic Wars Sparta was an ally of the Roman Republic. Spartan political independence was put to an end when it was eventually forced into the Achaean League. In 146 BC Greece was conquered by the Roman general Lucius Mummius. During the Roman conquest, Spartans continued their way of life, and the city became a tourist attraction for the Roman elite who came to observe exotic Spartan customs

Corinth was the main foe in the Achaean League and Sparta was too trivial to make a difference by that point.

corytlh said:
Zaakjes said:
KillerMongoose said:
Spartan
-Swordsman
-Spearman
-Archer
-Sapper

Roman
-Legionairre
-Archer
-Centurion
-Gladiator
-Assassin?

Barbarian
-Swordsman
-Axeman
-Berserker

Sejanus (or Crassus)
Beowulf

Nah, he's talking about a game that was for the original Xbox about 6 years ago. Look up "Spartan: Total Warrior" Its a fantasy game about romans invading Sparta.
Oh, another mod based on an already existing game.

Why don't you people use your own creativity. Copying games is so easy.

Please feel free to use any of these ideas, as i gave up trying to make it cos my phython thing didn't work on windows 98, as long as you mention me (Joel Phillips) in your credits. PM me ([email protected]) if u want to further discuss anything or if you have any enquires.

Project:
The Cataclysm

Aim:
To improve the objective of the game so that it becomes more enjoyable. We can do this through alterations of:
                                          1)Game Mechanics
                                          2)Character Abilities and Items
                                          3)Map Terrain and Fraction units/tactics
Currently the game has a flawed objective; become powerful. Although there are many ways to achieve this victory and there are no boundaries or limitations set up by the game as to your style, the degree of difficulty seems to be skewed towards the beginning of the game. So as soon as you have overcome the initial difficulties there isn't much problems and nothing to throw you back to where you were at the beginning, at the bottom of the food chain. To fix these flaws firstly something must be done about joining fractions. Before you join a fraction it is able to defend for its self, but once a player joins the armies become uneven. To partly counter this problem and to for various other reasons it has been decided to change the map terrains to assist those fractions. Secondly the system needs to be established so that it can make the game more difficult if the player is doing well, this is to be further discussed in game mechanics. Thirdly, the players different play styles need to be established, to make the option of each game being different, and even a factor at the beginning which encourages a different play style. This can be achieved through the changing of items and the branches which the player’s skills come under.

Task details:
Game Mechanics
Game Mechanics can be improved through the use of a set time in which the players have, to complete the game. This will give the game an element of time and will cause the player to race against the clock, whilst still having the option to disable this limitation at the camp options. However, instead of setting a time limit, rather the degree of difficulty increases as time progresses which will eventually force the player to resign and start again. A score calculator comes up if you agree to resign from travelling. This could be used to create the system that makes it more difficult the better are currently doing in the game.

Character abilities
To edit character abilities find the doc named skills, remember: 0=str, 1=agi, 3=chr, 2/18/19=int(use 1:cool:. For each branch of abilities place: dueler, hunter, leader and scholar, in front of each skill to make it more easily recognizable as the order of the skills cannot be changed! All groups except scholar will have four abilities, this accommodates for one that the player may not want. Dueler is the hand to hand fighter. Hunter is the ranged bow fighter. Leader is the typical leader with the ability still to fight, thrown weapons. Scholar is the role of many skills but he has weapon master which means he’s alright at anything.
0='Power strike'swordsmanship, 'Ironflesh'tolerance, 'Shield'shield, 'Athletics'athletics
1='Power Draw'accuracy, 'wound treatment'wound treatment 'horse archery'horse archery, 'spotting'spotting
3='Riding'riding, 'leadership'leadership, 'tactics'tactics, 'power throw'power throw,
10= All the rest with scholar

Items
General ideas-All items should come with flaws so that certain tactics can be used against them, which enhances game play and different tactics. All two handed weapons should be able to block while one handed weapons cannot block and therefore crumple without shields. Armour penetrating generally does less damage than normal attacks, but against heavy armored units they are weak. The number in front of the items represent their ranking in the amount of strength needed, 1 is highest. All items can be made and changed using the latest item editor from 'M&B file repository'!
2Swords- Standard weapon
1Axes- good against shields, single handed are faster than swords but have less range. armor penetrating.
3Maces/blunt- knockback, armor penetrating, but are slow
7Bows-medium missile speed, semi-accurate, attacks do lots of damage but not penetrating armor, only good against peasants, not knights.
5Lances-High armor penetrating damage, not as much range as a pike
4Pikes-Longest range, can only be used on foot
8Quaterstaffs-knockback, quick, can block, good for archers.
9Crossbows-Very accurate, with fast missile speed, armor penetrating,
6Thrown-Quick speed with knockback, slow missile speed, inaccurate,
Bolts and arrows-Max 10 shots per pack, ensures that archers are only archers with a single light weapon at the most.
Shields-Fighting shields are fast, small, light, and have little health. Huskal shields are slow, heavy, big and have lots of health (good Vs archers)
Horses-Less health, can be shot down easily, cavalry without their horses are meant to die.

Item factors and classes
Only make a couple of items but to make them different give them combinations of the two groups, each class has the following layout of factors to be multiplied by the original statistics:sad:Cost factor, Armor Factor, Weight Factor). Something for example could be: 'Infantry' 'military' 'leather gloves'.
1Infantry:1, 0.875, 0.75
1Cavalry:1, 1.25, 1.5
2Nobel:2, 1.75, 1.75
2Military:1.5, 1.5, 1.75
2Nomad:1, 1, 0.875
2Outlaw:0.75, 0.75, 0.5

Map Terrain
The terrain of the map can be improved through the use of appropriate placement of trees, mountains and snow. Appling the correct terrain to the correct team will give them a natural defense. Cavalry require a flat and smooth terrain, while archers require a terrain which allows good visibility. Hence each fraction can be provided for due to the following factors: Trees provide cover from archers; snow provides cover from long range missiles(bows/crossbows); Mountains and rivers provide physical barriers for cavalry whilst archers can still have vision. Mixing these elements can provide many combinations for different fractions to use to their advantage. At this point I will discuss fraction and their strategies and units, changes can be made to these but if so then changes may need to be applied to the map and its terrain.
The nord fraction will become the barbarian’s tribes(Chieftains), footmen only, with axes, fighting shields, no ranged weapons.  Assigned lots of trees, rivers, mountains and snow.
The Vaegirs fraction will become the British(kings), longbowmen with swords, and knight’s heavy cav, lances. Assigned snow and rivers.
The Khergit fraction will become the Persians(Khan), All men on horses, bows, and sword and shield. Desert, no trees, snow, mountains or rivers
The Swadia fraction will become the Romans(Emperor), footmen with huskal shields and horsemen with spears and throwing spears. Mixed terrain.
The Rhodoks fraction will become the Greeks(General), pike men with huskal shields, and crossbowmen. Lots of mountains and rivers.

Background story:
The land of Calradia had been a place of much bloodshed, deceit and torment, so He decided to wipe the slate clean. 'humans hear me! you have 150 days to find a man strong enough to stands at the end of this world when all else fails, and make the ultimate decision! Whether his world lives or perishes. So I leave it up to you to decide, whether this will be the end. Now let the Cataclysm begin!' (Inspired by the band: Cage and their album: 'The science of annihilation', this music will replace the original M&B music for the mod!)

Nordous said:
jobby said:
(Inspired by the band: Cage and their album: 'The science of annihilation', this music will replace the original M&B music for the mod!)

What genre is that?
Power metal! It owns!
Also i forgot to mention that my ideas are not for making a single mod; they can be used in nearly any mod because they act as an add-on to the mod rather than a separate mod!

Back
Top Bottom