[mMod]Floris Improved Mod Pack - THIS IS FOR FLORIS 2.4, NOT 2.5

What do you want in the next version? (please post your suggestions when voting)

• Save-game compatibility

Votes: 63 19.7%
  • New Features

Votes: 176 55.0%
  • Bugfixes

Votes: 134 41.9%
  • Player Trooptree

Votes: 140 43.8%
  • New mini-faction(s)

Votes: 147 45.9%
  • New quest(s)

Votes: 148 46.3%
  • New Buildings

Votes: 136 42.5%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 42 13.1%
  • Holand Invasion

Votes: 84 26.3%
  • Guild System

Votes: 142 44.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

assassin69 said:
Edit: Also just realized my settings in the Mod Options are not saved. Everytime i re-enter the menu through the camp, they are reset to default

Edit two: I just had a battle and since i can't change the options it is unplayable...every character is stuck at 50 regeneration, which means you can only kill enemies with beheading them which is of course almost impossible in a big fight.
So reverting back to the version without it til there is some solution, don't want to play a Zombiegame where you just can kill them by cutting their head off

I partially second that.

The last four or five options in the "mod options" menu are reset to default after I leave this menu. When I go back they stay as they were, meaning these options can't be activated (yet).

The player's health regeneration is at 25 on default which makes me pretty much unkillable by default. A rate of 2 or 3 health points per seconds seems more reasonable.

Tried it 2 times, even downloaded floris completly new and installed from scratch.
The ones that don't save are the improved ones and the key settings, the floris ones work fine.

well, so I'll reupload it and then you tell me if you got them again

edit:
have you started a new game?
if not that's the problem, the variables are set in the start of the game.
wait a minute and I'll make you v0.4 with that fixed

Hmm daaamn, didn't think about that, cause i only thought the problem with savegame incompatibility would come from floris itself.
I just started a character with floris before i found this improvement and then thought it is no problem.

I'll test it with a new char and then make an edit here to let you know.

Ok, so here's my experience with starting a new game:

I see all the screens, everything looks fine, key config is possible BUT the following options i tested and were not saved (everything else, like health generation and stuff now works though):

- Extra WP per level
- Simple loot system
- % of Dodge for Athletics
- % of Ironskin Damage reduction.

I did not test the other options at the end of the menu, cause those were the 4 i wanted to change and that did not work.
So in short: Starting a new character helped with most things and now i can play it since the health regeneration is at a reasonable amount and the key configuration works too, BUT the 4 mentioned options (probably alongside the others in that menu, i didn't test), still won't save when i leave the "Mod Options" screen.

Don't know if i missed it, but i did not see any incompatibility disclaimer with the Floris expanded savegames, so maybe if I'm not blind you could add that in the first post, to keep people like me from asking why it doesn't work :smile:

So thanks again for the improvements and the reply, maybe my report up there helps you in finding the issue

well, it's not suposed to be incompatible, I'm working in the solution right now.

and now I see, these options are not saving, I'm gonna see what is wrong.

v0.4 it's gonna be almost a bugfix only.

Cool, so it seems like i found a new bug for you and glad to hear that saves should be compatible, so probably better if i wait it out before i start a new character (again! ^^)

I'm trying to fix three bugs right now:

the save-game bug - I think it's fixed
the keys bug(it says "press Numpad MIN for help" instead of "press N for help) - fixed
the options bug - not fixed

oh yeah, i got that message too, but did not try to open the help.
with the new character i also get the numpad -, without the new character it said "Press 1 for help", so maybe something that points at the incompatibility issue?

regarding the other differences between old save and new character:

new:
only the lower options don't work
Keybindings work fine

old:
Keybindings don't work at all and more options don't save

yeah, I know that

the keys are also set at game start, I'm making a simple trigger that will check the version and if it's not 0.4 it will set the variables again

edit: ok, I've added a "Runaway " before the slaves names as they are now mercenaries. I also added some prefixes to the other "skill-troops" because all of them are now mercs

okay, I'm just finishing with the code and I'l release v0.4
it's better to use a v0.2, a FEMP or a native save-game for this version.
it may should be incompatible with v0.3

edit:and it's better to backup the save-game, as I've not tested it for a long time..

great thanks, i'll test it as soon as it is up.
Any chance you can also tell us if we can just toss it over the last version or if we have to use the unimprovd Floris version?

you can toss it over, it's just the save-game that should not be compatible, because I'm removing some global variables

V0.4 Uploaded, I've already tested and it opens right, but you should backup your save-games

ok, there is still some bugs, the Ironflesh option don't save yet
the game menu says this is version 0 instead of 0.4

Allright, tested now with the old Floris Mod save (without the old improvement version)

Options save now, everything looks fine, only thing that i still find is that i still can't config the keys on the old save.

If i start a new character it works without a problem though.

So that means it is totally playable with an old save now, but you can't use the new skills (horse whistle, focus, sprint and such)

Ikaguia said:
Source Code:
DOWNLOAD
My changes are marked with
Code:
#FIMP <version>
or

Code:
#################################################################################################################
# Floris Improved Mod Pack (FIMP) <version> begin ->																	#
#################################################################################################################
# Floris Improved Mod Pack (FIMP) <version> end <-																	#
obs: <version> is the version in wich the changes were made, not the current version

and to fix the keys, just click in the "default" on the options menu.(not in the custom keys menu)

Back
Top Bottom