Need More Info Missing companion

Users who are viewing this thread

juice1367

Recruit
Im not sure if this is a map issue or what, but I sent my favorite companion Shemyr Frostbeard on a quest for one of the people in Marunath to go fight 5 bandit groups. Come 10 days later I try to see where hes at to have him rejoin the party and in the members screen of the clan tab it just says HOLDING and when I click on him it says he was last seen around Ain Balique that day and it says that everyday but ive looked around the town for a couple hours and cant find him. I thought maybe the HOLDING means he was captured but ive fought a bunch of bandits with prisoners and havent found any bandit camps either and still cant find him. Im afraid of kicking him from clan cause I gave him a bunch of good gear and leveled him up a lot and I dont want him lost forever.

This is a bug I've run into three separate times (with three separate companions). They always disappear after a standalone quest and are listed as "HOLDING" and always in Ain Balique.

This isn't a fix, per se, but you can dismiss and rehire them. Though 10 of my best troops also disappeared along with the character.

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Send a follower on a mission without you (this appears as though it can happen on *any* mission, randomly)
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Ain Balique (where they always wind up)
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: Latest patch as of 04/03/20 (...ya'll could stand to add a "version number" on the main loading screen to make this a little easier on us?)
Computer Specs: NVIDIA's GeForce NOW service
GPU: RTC T10-8
CPU: no idea
RAM: no idea
Motherboard: no idea
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Again, probably SSD

I've also had this issue once, and solved via kicking them as amethystmedicus suggested. However, I now rather than being stuck "HOLDING", I have to companions stuck "solving issue" in Ain Balique, so I cannot even kick them.
Summary:
How to Reproduce: Same as above
Version: 1.05
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD
CPU: AMD Ryzen
RAM: Ballistix
Storage: Crucial SSD

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom