[Mini Mod] Valks troop file

Users who are viewing this thread

@ Eraamion --
What's really needed is new (or copies of) MESHES to "call" any new textures, and integrating them into the game, so re-texturing does not foul up the existing meshes/textures.  THAT's what limits prospective re-texturing efforts.

You can start with more horses, and more horse furniture (saddles, saddleblankets -- especially a green one for French Dragoons).
If you would be so kind ...

Cheers

DARoot

heyo all,

It should be nice indeed to adjust uniforms or make new ones :smile: I really wished it was that easy to do so :smile:

Caus a unit I really want in the game are the: Douanes Imperiales. The french empire was the first country that uniformed the costum officers :smile:

Green uniforms. A shako later in the war. But a bicrone in the beginning of the war :smile:

Custom officers were used to patrol borders against smuglers. But could and did police and militairy work aswell. For them it did not mather wich rank or social standing you were. If they tought that you got iligal goods, they searched your house, quarters, tent and backpack if needed.

Its a great nice big history about them during the napoleonic era :smile: They did not attend waterloo but some of them fought in the defence of Brussels against the upcoming prussians. They arent only infantry who can act as line and skirmishers. They even got a Matelot (sailers) in service for harbor work, like checking goods on ships etc. Also mounted custom officers were there :smile:

They were part of the ministery of trade. thats where they got diferent kind of powers etc :smile: Napoleon supported the idea and the director of the Douanes Imperiales reported directly to napoleon if that was posible. There are aswell notifications that the Douanes Imperiales covert the retreat from moscow. By acting as line infantry against the russians. To buy the retreating forces some time.

In the early years of the reign of Napoleon Bonaparte there was a uprising in itally. The french militiairy police and the Douanes imperiales (probally with support from some local troops that werent on campaing against austria) Defeated a rebel army of 6000. I will search some links later to post about this aswell :grin:

I was in  a reenactment group that did this :smile: its a really nice and intresting part of history.

les-douanes-imperiales-1804-1815.jpg
hamburgdouaniers.jpg
douanes%2520imperiales%2520images%2520018.jpg
1267642_567760746593562_1284677694_o.jpg
563732_10201021430237868_59282950_n.jpg
400044_262940993834120_2048624203_n.jpg
414698_428705427165762_56092646_o.jpg
332790_2358987817381_120387010_o.jpg
545839_3230296079543_225781183_n.jpg
580855_276956559077649_1848060784_n.jpg
405447_420770851292553_2050844115_n.jpg
548617_351801134856192_1326184248_n.jpg
1275621_10153265281325074_1587318539_o.jpg

On the last piture :smile: you see 2 guys in blue. Those reenact Batavian Republic sailors of the ship of line: De Delft.
I apologie for the lack of real muskets (due to dutch laws etc) some time i see that my leather work isnt on :razz: but now ye guys got a good picture of the Douanes Imperiales infantry :smile: (there arent dragoons reenactment groups that do the Douanes Imperiales sadly enouf :C )

My biggest wish is that this unit makes it to the game :smile:

Here is the new download :smile: I hope ye all enjoy it :grin:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqzrdh43pzd84kd/troops.txt?dl=0

troops added:
Saxon line infantry (In der rhinebund)
Hungarian milita, fusiliers and grenadiers. (vet version aswell ofcourse) (austria)
Grenzers
Prussian jeagers (Ostpreussisches Jagers, Silesian Schutzen and guard jeagers :smile:
Female troops (huntress and the vet version. Nurse and surgeon woman)

Edits:
All light infantry will have a bayoneted musket again (historical)
60th Rifles will have instead of a baker rifle, have a baker rifle with sword bayonet atteched (no baker sword as side arm any more aswell)
All cav units got a pistol or carabine with cart ridges (due to that every cav unit had atleast 1 fire arm per person most of the time more then 1)
Rhine bund troops levels I have changed aswell :smile: on request and pointing out from DaRoot :smile:

I hope ye all enjoy it :grin:
(remember!!!! Once there is a new troop file you have to start a new campaing)

Greetzzz

Valk(mans)

Hey Valkman, do you can make Dutch, Austrian and British drummer? (i want prussian, but i can't find uniform)
L'Aigle have models (napo_clothing.brf) and textures british/dutch_coat_drummerline and aust_drummerwings

Kacper1234PL said:
Hey Valkman, do you can make Dutch, Austrian and British drummer? (i want prussian, but i can't find uniform)
L'Aigle have models (napo_clothing.brf) and textures british/dutch_coat_drummerline and aust_drummerwings

I wish i could. I can make the unit. But I can not make them work like the french drummer :C
Thats why I did not make them yet :C sorry lad

Greetzzz

Valk(mans)

Valkmans said:
Kacper1234PL said:

I wish i could. I can make the unit. But I can not make them work like the french drummer :C
Thats why I did not make them yet :C sorry lad

Greetzzz

Valk(mans)

Hmm, just copy french drummer, and change uniform

Hooray for Valkmans!
Your "troops.txt" mod has received the ultimate accolade --
".. Works with Valks troops.txt? .."

An End-User has requested reassurance, before downloading someone else's "mini-mod," that it would be compatible with yours.
Doesn't get any better than that.
Sure sign that your mod has made it to the Big Time.
Congrats!
:party:
Keep up the good work.

DARoot

Hemiola said:
Hooray for Valkmans!
Your "troops.txt" mod has received the ultimate accolade --
".. Works with Valks troops.txt? .."

An End-User has requested reassurance, before downloading someone else's "mini-mod," that it would be compatible with yours.
Doesn't get any better than that.
Sure sign that your mod has made it to the Big Time.
Congrats!
:party:
Keep up the good work.

DARoot

Awesome :grin: lovely news :grin:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xhos8yof53y5qav/AABNQqgQ9kixWSWtEMj31SGia?dl=0

Does this one work? :smile: greetzzz Valk(mans)

Back
Top Bottom