[Mini Mod] Valks troop file

Users who are viewing this thread

@ David_Dire -- You've got women following you around after a battle?
Well ... there could be a lot of reasons for that ...  :roll:
".. Has Wellington nothing better to offer me but these Amazons? .." -- Napoleon, at Waterloo, observing the Highlanders.

@ Valkmans --
1.  For more information on how to recruit/obtain French/Polish "Chevau-Legers Polonais de la Guard" in-game, than any sane person could ever want, see this thread:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=347587.0

2.  Your apparent "offer" to make new troops (and their Troop Trees) available to End-Users "on order" (by soliciting input on what they would like to have you make) is commendable!
Well Done, Sir!  :party:
I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors, and that the Community shows an active interest (although, they may keep you busy, with their requests).
Others have tried [there's a couple early threads on this Forum, dealing with "French Overcoats" and "Austrian Hussar" uniform retexture requests, that lasted for a short while, then sorta went silent ...]
I hope you have better luck, and/or don't get "burned out" with the time and effort required.

3.  Just curious -- When you do what you do, do you make new meshes and textures, and incorporate them into the game?
Or do you copy existing meshes, and assign new textures to them?
Or do you simply re-texture existing meshes (which results in the "original" mesh/texture combination becoming changed, and possibly invalid)?

I'm sure many people (myself included) would like to hear HOW you accomplish what you are doing for us.
[Although, from a "quick look" at your download, it appears that you are "mixing" and "re-assigning" EXISTING meshes/Inventory items to your newly-created troops].

FYI -- Since I cannot edit meshes, my own game modifications (for personal use) are limited to that method. 
With a few selected "retextures" of .dds files that are either unused, or "underutilized," currently.  That is so I don't "mess up" any existing troop types.
Then, using "Morgh's Editor" to create the new troops, and assign them to a Troop Tree [it can also be done by manually editing the Troops.txt file in Notepad, but Morgh's Editor makes the job so-o-o much easier.]

Anyway, we'd all like to hear what you have to say.

DARoot 

The only thing I can mod is with moprh :p I have no idea how to do the rest. How ever, I would like to learn it tough.

The only thing I do is making units that can be made with uniforms availeble in the game already :smile:
I do not mind being bussy with it. I like to puzle stuff out :smile:

Thanks anyway :grin:

also thanks for the info about the lancers :smile:

If ye got any more questions :3 would happy to answer them :grin:

Greetzzz

Valk(mans)

Greetings, Valkmans

Eh, you are doing just fine, with "Morgh's Editor."
As previously stated, that is mostly also what I do, for myself, also. 
So, I believe you and I are "kindred spirits" as far as modding this mod is concerned.
Thus, we can now probably discuss related things "mano-a-mano," without any "senpai/kōhai" attitudes ...

As you proceed with revising your Troop Trees, you might benefit from some of the following observations.
[You may already know most of this, but perhaps other Community Members reading your Forum thread might learn something ...]

1.  Observing the existing Troop Trees in "L'Aigle v1.41," they seem to follow this "pattern" for the most part --

Recruit -> Militia/Fencible/Landwehr -> Line Infantry -> Veteran Line Infantry -> Guard Infantry
Level 4      Level 8/9/or 10                |    Level 14            Level 19-20                  Level 25-30
                                  |
                                    -> Grenadiers    -> Veteran Grenadiers  -> Guard Grenadiers
                                        Level 14            Level 19-20                  Level 25-30

Not always, but most of the more "finished/polished" Troop Trees (such as Britain, France, Austria, and to a certain extent, Russia) do.
[Russia DOES currently have "militia-level" troops (Opolchenie) included, but they are not activated.  And their Light Infantry Recruits are named "Russkiy_Lëgkopekhotnyy_Rekrut"].

Troop Trees for Light Infantry, and for Cavalry, sometimes do also, but usually not.
Most Cavalry (be they "Line (Regular, Heavy)" or "Light (Hussars/Chasseurs/Chevaulegers/Light Dragoons)" follow this pattern --

Recruit -> "Normal" -> ["Veteran"] -> "Elite/Guard"
Level 4      Level 14      [Level 20]      Level 25

Again, not always.
[France includes "CAC Recruit" and "Hussar Recruit" (Level 10) in their Light Cavalry Troop Tree, and skip Level 20 altogether].
Many of the other nations/kingdoms also "skip" Level 20, and go directly to Level 25, from Level 14.

You might want to keep these things in mind, when designing your own Troop Trees.
[You don't HAVE TO, but it's good to know these things, to achieve some form of "consistency" in any changes you make - if you want to].

2.  It appears to me that the "Level" set for troops (in Morgh's Editor) determines WHEN (at what experience achievement) the next "Upgrade Button" becomes available in-game for the preceding troop type.
Therefore, there are two considerations to keep in mind --
a) We can only upgrade in TWO directions (no three-way splits) for any given Troop. 
b) A "split" upgrade (as with Militia -> Line Infantry and Grenadiers, as shown above) should go to troops with the SAME Level (e.g., 14).
Otherwise, it can get confusing for End-Users.
For example, note the existing Troop Tree for Rhinebund, where Recruit -> Fusilier (Level 10) and Grenadier (Level 21), or the existing Troop Tree for Prussia, where Recruit (Level 4) -> Musketeer (Level 10) and Grenadier (Level 9).
I suspect (haven't really tested this out, but it makes sense, logically) that in-game, the first "upgrade" button gets activated when the Recruits reach the lower Level, and if End-Users immediately "upgrade" them at that point, they may never see the "alternate" upgrade path.
They would have to just wait on upgrading, until the Recruit reaches the next experience level, before the second "upgrade" button activates.
[And, we won't even discuss the Polish, or Rhinebund Light Troop Trees, where the "upgrades" are all Level 4 ... Probably just an "oversight" on Docm's part ... but does help explain some of the "complaints" folks on the Forum have reported, about Polish and Rhinebund troops consistently getting their butts kicked, in battles ...] 

3.  I have not yet studied your download thoroughly, but I'll just mention here --
The Instructions and FAQs for "Morgh's Editor" recommend that any NEW Items or Troops we decide to add, should be added at the END of the existing "Item_kinds.txt" or "Troops.txt."
(and, the Editor is set up to do that automatically, for us).
Their main point of emphasis is -- do NOT change, move, or delete Existing Troop stuff -- since the game engine relies on their Index Numbers, to make them appear in-game properly.
Also, NEVER mess with "Recruit-level" troops, and try to always have "upgrade paths" in your Troop Trees point to troops with "higher-level" Index numbers.
[This may, or may not, be a "hard-and-fast" rule.  Some existing Troop Trees do point to "lower-level" numbers (such as "#365 Sea Raiders" upgrading to "#155 Austrian Recruits")].
But, until I have acquired more experience with this game, I've tried to adhere to this convention, as much as possible.
And, you do not want to get involved with updating/editing the "Parties.txt" or "Parties_templates.txt" files in addition, if you can avoid it.

So, when I decided to "activate" Austrian Grenzers, Hungarian Fusiliers, and Hungarian Grenadiers [Yes, as you say, there currently are no Hungarian Grenadiers in "L'Aigle" -- but, their coats ARE available in "Item_kinds1.txt," so they can easily be "created" by copying the existing Austrian (German) Grenadiers and Veteran_Grenadiers, and just assigning them Hungarian Grenadier coats (and Hungarian trousers) in Inventory].
I made COPIES of the existing "L'Aigle" Grenzers and Hungarians, added them to the END of "Troops.txt," massaged their stats, and then integrated them into the existing Austrian Line Infantry Troop Tree.
That way, I figured I wouldn't "compromise" anything Docm might try to do, with the existing ones, in an upcoming update.

To do so, it was necessary for me to create a NEW Troop Type, at the "militia" level (Level 10), to "point to" my new Hungarians (Grenzers can easily be inserted into the existing Austrian Light Infantry Troop Tree).
I chose to call my new troops "Hungarian Insurrectio" [that was the "feudal levy" the Hungarian Diet required its nobles to raise, in time of war.  Hungary never implemented "landwehr"].
They wore dark blue "Hungarian" jackets, laced red/white (actually, a red/white mix -- just as the lace on Hungarian Infantry trousers was yellow/black mixed.  Red and white were the Hungarian national colors), dark blue "Hungarian" breeches and short gaiters with similar side-piping and thigh knots, shakos similar to the Grenzer shako, and "natural leather" belting.
Well, we don't have a lot of this available right now.  The closest we have is the British Light Dragoon tunic, and one or more of the existing blue hussar/chasseur breeches/boots.
But I thought, "Hey! These guys look much too "fancy," for "militia-level" troops!" (and, historically, the Insurrectio were not considered very good troops -- and were mostly utilized on the Italian Front, rather than on the Aspern-Essling/Wagram front).
So, I settled on a compromise --  Grenzer shako, Russian Cossack coat, and French legere carabinier breeches/gaiters (for the red trim).  Since the Russian Cossack coat already uses more-or-less "natural leather" belting, that was an added benefit [incidentally, most belting in-game is "applied" to uniforms from the meshes and textures associated with the various "xxx_equipment_yyy.dds" files, and I wasn't interested in getting into altering any of those].
Then, I adjusted their "upgrade path" accordingly (and made Troop Type #155 point to both #156 and #1577, at Level 10).
Suits me just fine.
WNJP2.jpg
I also (while I was at it), I decided to add an "Elite" troop type to the "top" of my Austrian Troop Tree -- the vaunted "Deutschmeister" Regiment (IR #4).
Gave them the same stats as French Old Guard Grenadiers (Austria historically had no "Guard-Level" troops in 1809).
My Kaiserliches now can stand toe-to-toe with anything the Corsican Upstart can throw at them -- provided I can husband my troops, and keep them alive, through many battles, until they reach Level 30 ...

4.  If you decide to do some revised Cavalry troop trees, here's a few other things to keep in mind --
a. Docm adjusted the "stats" for "L'Aigle-specific" horses, in an attempt to make them less powerful, and more balanced, with other troop types.  They can ALL be found in "Item_kinds1.txt" at Index Numbers 1271 through 1285;
b. "Native" M&B:W horses are "overpowered" relatively, so you would probably want to confine you modding to using horses from the above range of choices;
c. You will note that these horses fall into two categories -- "Heavy" [Hit Points = 50, Speed = 40), and "Light" (Hit Points = 35, Speed = 45-4:cool:.
Also note that the "generic" Military Horse (Index #1284) has exactly the same appearance, and stats, as the British Light Dragoon Horse (Index #1276), and both fall into the "Light" category {except that, #1284 only requires Riding=1, rather than 3, like all the others].
So, you might want to consider assigning horses to your new Cavalry troop types based on your own "design decision" as to whether they should be "Heavy" or "Light."
[I've already had a discussion with Docm concerning classifying "medium" Dragoons, Lancers, and/or Cossacks into one or the other category]. 

5. As a sort of aside, if you intend to integrate, or make use of, those "Polish Guard Lanciers" that your friend sent you, check to make sure their stats have been adjusted so they can use lances.
All the lances in-game require Strength = 11.  So, you might need to adjust their stats accordingly, if that has not already been done.
[These guys ("Troops.txt" Index #60) currently get "recruited" at Level 4 (Strength = 7), and upgrade to Index #61, "French_Pollancers_full" at Level 14 (Strength = 7).
Of course, the M&B:W game engine "adjusts" NPC stats automatically, when they gain levels.
May have already been done for you -- but, it pays to check.
Better to be safe than sorry.
Be a shame if the AI bots never actually use the lances, because they can't ... 

Similarly, if you give any of your new cavalry carbines, muskets, or pistols in inventory, be sure to also check the "Ranged" box (and, of course, the "Mounted" box) under the "Flags" and "Guaranteed" section, at the lower center of the Morgh's Editor screen.
Otherwise, they might not actually use them.

Well, that's probably enough, for now ...

Just a couple of additional thoughts, in reference to your ".. I have no idea how to do the rest. How ever, I would like to learn it tough.. " statement --

a.  Like you, I cannot make new meshes (I don't even know where they are stored in-game, so I can't even make copies, re-name them, assign different textures to them [which probably requires a separate 3rd-party tool], or re-integrate them into the game.
You will have to wait for Docm, or some other Forum Member who is "expert' in that stuff, to advise you further on that...

b.  Re-texturing is something I CAN do, but it currently is rife with potential pitfalls, and getting into that, at this time, will be like opening a can of worms.
You will just need a "Paint" program capable of opening, editing, and saving .dds texture files.  That said (you have been warned), --
-- We are limited to working with existing textures (found in the "L'Aigle" \Textures folder);
-- If we change one, it will affect ALL of the other meshes/uniforms that also use that texture, which may not be desirable;
[For example, one could change the Polish Fusilier tunic into a fair representation of the 1809 Wurttemburg Line Infantry tunic, by re-coloring the collar and cuffs from red to yellow, and "adjusting" the lower edges of the "half-lapels" from straight to downward-curving.  However, that then means ALL the Polish Fusiliers would also look like that].
So, in my game, I looked for any meshes/textures that are currently "unused/not implemented yet" (such as musician's uniforms), or "under-utilized" (I felt Austrian Landwehr didn't need an "alternate" green coat -- their brown one suits me fine), for my initial retexturing efforts.
Knowing ahead of time, of course, that when Docm DOES implement those meshes/textures, eventually, my efforts will then go out the window ...

-- Many of the existing texture files SHARE their "normal-map" and "specular-map" textures (those are the "light blue" and "black-ish" additional textures in the folder that often have a similar name to whatever texture you are thinking about revising).
They are pretty important -- the "normal-maps" (usually named something like "xxx_yyy_n.dds") help provide a "3-D" view to what would otherwise be a rather "flat" or "painted-on" appearance of these textures.  Makes things like buttons, ridges, piping, etc. "pop out."
The "specular-maps" (usually named something like "xxx_yyy_s.dds") add to the "shiny" appearance of metalwork (buttons, belt buckles, metal helmets, etc.).
[I have no idea what the "degraded" versions of these textures do.  But, so far, I haven't encountered any obvious problems with ignoring them ...]

When, for myself, I tried to convert "aust_coat_landwehr_nco.dds" (their green alternate tunic) to a dark blue Prussian "litewka," I had to (besides altering the color, and making it double-breasted), I also had to very carefully "adjust" the corresponding "normal-map" (aust_coat_landwehr_n.dds) and "specular-map" (aust_coat_landwehr_s.dds) to remove ONLY the button/piping portions from the front, so as to make my new litewka look OK in-game, but not "mess-up" too much the existing Austrian Landwehr brown coat, which uses the same normal-map and specular-map files.
Came out OK, at least for me --
bwxOu.jpg

[And, since it's MY game, I need only please myself ...  However, I cannot help the obvious "clipping" -- that's a mesh issue, and many of the available meshes have similar problems.]
But, we do the best we can, with what we have.  Everything is a compromise, to some extent ...
Since you are a "Modder for the Public," your mileage, of course, may vary.

However, we currently have MANY different uniform/equipment items available for us to "play" with, thanks to Docm (and whoever his "team members" were, who made all this stuff for us in the first place)! 
And just as you have already done, we can come up with all sorts of "alternate uniforms," if we choose to, by simply "mixing and matching" what is already available.
Here's a simple one, that anyone can do for themselves, at home, in their spare time, should they choose to --
Saxon Line Infantry
[The Saxons were still wearing their 1806 uniforms in 1809]
WYExq.jpg
Simple.
#1231 Neapolitan Coat; #919 French "long" gaiters; #996 British Dragoon Bicorne; musket, cartridges, sabre briquet same as French.

If you prefer them in their 1810 uniform, simply substitute -
#1081 Dutch Fusilier Coat; #805 British "short" gaiters; #888 French Ln Shako ("yellow metal" shako furniture);
qbLwM.jpg

Or, by substituting the #870/#871 French Light Infantry shako ("white metal" shako furniture), you get a fair representation of Wesphalian Line Infantry.

Well, enough is enough.
[Yes, I know, I already said that.  But, I mean it, this time.
Really.]

Thank you for bearing with me, and reading this far.
[Somebody poke Valkmans, and wake him up, would ya?]

Happy gaming! (and modding)

DARoot
[Oh, My!  Now David_Dire has altered his avatar like Bluehawk... where will this all end?]

heyo,

How I make new troops is selecting or write down the pecifics a unit has like indeed the lvl etc :smile: so no worries about that. It should not be a problem if I say that you train british light recreuits. Then you can upgrade to french grenadiers etc :p but i understand what you say :smile:

I really like your unit ideas :smile: so I gonna look into that aswell :smile: (about the 1809 and 1810 uniform, Its a simpe solution for it. You can choose like the veteran version will have the 1810 uniform en normal the  1809. Also I can add the shako and the bicorne. And the game will randomly pick the head gear for each AI soldier of that unit. And I want it to be a bigger change of the 1809 uniform then I just add the bicorne 2 times instead of one time in that troop gear) So enouf options to pick from :smile:

I really hope that you will tell me more about the hungarian militia. How you see it fit into the troop file etc :smile: like how to get them.

Hope to hear from you soonish

greatzzz

Valk(mans)

Greetings, Valkmans

I apologize if I did a poor job of explaining how I altered my Austrian Infantry troop tree.
I'll try to describe it more clearly for you (and anyone else who may be interested) --
Currently, Austrian Infantry Recruits (#155, Level 4) upgrade to Landwehr (#156, Level 10 "militia-level"), who in turn "split upgrade" at Level 14 to either Fusiliers (#161) or Grenadiers (#157), and then the rest of the "German" branch of the troop tree proceeds.
When I created my new "militia-level" Hungarian Insurrectio troops (#1577, Level 10), I simply added them as a second, alternate upgrade to the #155 Recruits.
Same Level as Landwehr, and every upgrade is to a higher-numbered troop.
The Insurrectio then proceed to upgrade (at Level 14) to either Hungarian Fusiliers (#1580) or Hungarian Grenadiers (#1582), in a separate "Hungarian branch" of the troop tree, which simply mirrors the existing "German" branch, up to Level 25.

For the Grenzers, it was easy to simply add them as a second, alternate upgrade (at Level 14) to the existing Austrian Vienna Volunteer (#169, Level 9), who now can become either Grenzers or Jaegers.
(I don't consider Grenzers as "militia-level" troops, so I didn't start their branch at Level 9 from the Light Recruits).
The Grenzer "branch" then proceeds, mirroring the Jaeger "branch" (including getting rifles at Level 24 - since about 1/4 of a Grenzer batallion carried rifles).
I hope it's clearer, now?  Hope this information is helpful.

Well, here's another fairly simple editing project, for anyone who might like to try doing it for themselves --
Prussian Jagers and Schutzen
ncTBC.jpg
Ostpreussisches Jagers --  Item #1227 Brunswick Jager tunic; #1145 Prussian Foot Guard winter boots/breeches; #1126 Prussian covered shako.
Silesian Schutzen -- Item #1165 Russian Jager tunic; #1145 Prussian Foot Guard winter boots/breeches; #1126 Prussian covered shako.
Both these troops also get the Baker sword-bayonet (Item #683) to represent their "Faschinenmesser" short sword.
I gave these guys a special "Prussian Jagerbuchse" (rifled carbine), a NEW item I made by simply copying and re-naming the Austrian rifle (#733) and changing its stats to be a little less capable than the Baker rifle.
-- Incidentally, if you try this, be sure to ALSO copy, and re-name, the "_melee" version of the weapon (Item #734 - it's considered a polearm), and put that immediately after your new weapon in "Item_kinds1.txt."  Otherwise, you won't get the "melee animations" when you try to switch from "Ranged Fire" to "Hand-to-hand" mode with Key X, and its stats won't appear correctly in the Item Purchase menus.
[However, you could just as easily simply give your Jagers the standard carbine (Item #710) and your Schutzen the Baker rifle (Item #711), and adjust their "Crossbow proficiency," "Polearms proficiency," and "Agility" stats until they perform in-game the way you think they should.  Keep in mind, the standard carbine doesn't have a "_melee" version, so your guys will be at a disadvantage in a close fight.  Good thing they have those short swords ...] :roll:

In any event, Have fun!
:grin:
DARoot

your welcome :grin:

David Dire?

I am thinking about that female unit of yours :p Maybe just give the  option to turn them into nurses or female hunters? :grin: what ya think?\

Greetzz

Valk(mans)

Nurses/Surgeons are possible (in theory). Regular troops, you may know, can have a surgery skill. Whether that actually works or not needs to be tested, but it would certainly be a unique troop. I implore you to try.

heyo David Dire,

I stared at the items in the item range finder :smile: and sadly :C there arent that mutch of woman clothing to find.

But that didn't stop me for of trying

Meet the huntress :smile: and the nurse and sergeon woman :grin:

Huntresses will fight normally to killl the enemy.

Nurses are more "friendly" The knock the enemy uncunsions instead of killing them.
Sergeons got a small knife (and a staff I hope) I hope you like it :smile:

229F568D2A4398704556FFF3EC1BAD6EF82FA035

CD33D0C4DCD3C4B8CC888EFEE5CF97A83FC19A6F

AAE581E78679EB7A2FF0C14CF175D76257C816ED

5EABE25C84CA31FE0614ED285A7F2E908C7902BD

484896AD472AA944BDEEE4B6248D6C4A666642B9

165768031968DB42B2696C29AE01C5509EE5DB65

1F828C152808E2BE3C35E6FFF7E51297211E56D9

69EF76DB393B6CAC3B0A7FDECD62ABBAC5F87D22

C8F33430E98494D8BEB1DEE32075A8FBB23A0BF2

43D28C3E978197B7EFB30479E8E414B634F5D5F9

A47477E72C5F2718546C66AE1004CE3D82FD39E0

DD0A436C428642A54673835E9DE461DF208A0A63

5601A0A5B11AE5A6393CC603B5D26BA45440365A

Normal steam links don't work. Click "view in library" on the screenshot uploader then upload the images to something like Imgur (which I use).

And as you may have seen, I've created an Amazon Warrior mercenary using a convenient OSP.

Hemiola said:
... "Hungarian Insurrectio" ...

Rejoice, you hath summoned the token Hungarian enthusiast of this modification. Whilst I must say that I have read the reason why you have made such an untrue rendition of the obviously-glorious Hungarian Insurrection forces, I'd like to still provide you with some interesting trivial information - Largely to kill my own boredom, but perhaps you'll benefit from my ramblings as well.

Vertes_Egyesulet_huszar_nemesifelk.jpg
Observe, a true-to-life replica of a uniform worn by the Hungarian Insurrectio's peasants. Chances are that the original stuff was a lot less pristine than this, however, because the Insurrection was largely armed with weaponry and uniforms from the previous century. This is the reason why many of them didn't even have bayonets but short firearms and swords or shepard's axes.

Additionally, the uniform rarely changed from the standard light-blue colour, but the braids were different depending on which garrison the man was armed from. For example, Insurrectionists outfitted from Segedin had black braids on their uniform. To mix the unity of the soldiers up even more, these troops also received different shakos according to which side of the great Hungarian rivers were they from.

West of the Danube - Red Shako
East of the Danube  - Black Shako
West of the Tisza    - Green Shako
East of the Tisza      - White Shako
Even then, however, there were many Insurrectionists who didn't receive the new shakos but got old ones instead. Really, REALLY old ones - From 1757, for example.

yeah ^^ screeen shots in the last post about the female troops  :grin:

SolidXerm said:
Hemiola said:
... "Hungarian Insurrectio" ...

Rejoice, you hath summoned the token Hungarian enthusiast of this modification. Whilst I must say that I have read the reason why you have made such an untrue rendition of the obviously-glorious Hungarian Insurrection forces, I'd like to still provide you with some interesting trivial information - Largely to kill my own boredom, but perhaps you'll benefit from my ramblings as well.

Vertes_Egyesulet_huszar_nemesifelk.jpg
Observe, a true-to-life replica of a uniform worn by the Hungarian Insurrectio's peasants. Chances are that the original stuff was a lot less pristine than this, however, because the Insurrection was largely armed with weaponry and uniforms from the previous century. This is the reason why many of them didn't even have bayonets but short firearms and swords or shepard's axes.

Additionally, the uniform rarely changed from the standard light-blue colour, but the braids were different depending on which garrison the man was armed from. For example, Insurrectionists outfitted from Segedin had black braids on their uniform. To mix the unity of the soldiers up even more, these troops also received different shakos according to which side of the great Hungarian rivers were they from.

West of the Danube - Red Shako
East of the Danube  - Black Shako
West of the Tisza    - Green Shako
East of the Tisza      - White Shako
Even then, however, there were many Insurrectionists who didn't receive the new shakos but got old ones instead. Really, REALLY old ones - From 1757, for example.

Thats is because: The troop file is made public and only uniform parts that are already in the game will be used in the troop creation. Thats why historicly correct non native troops arent completely correct :smile:

If I remember rightly, there is a light blue hussar dolman in game that could be somewhat close but the model has the pellise attached to it and also gold braids, I think.

@ Valkmans -- Oh, I like the "Nurses."
Tell us what clothing item or mesh/texture you used for them, and maybe some of us might like to add a red cross to it (if that doesn't mess up the appearance of normal "L'Aigle" Townswomen).

@ SolidXerm -- Hey, thanks for the useful info!  It's hard to find uniform information about the Insurrectio -- and what there is doesn't always agree (as discussed elsewhere on this Forum, in regard to "untrue representations" of uniforms).  But, ya can't argue with a preserved original example!  Thanks for sharing!  [Oh, wait -- you said "replica?"  Hmmm ...].
- And, since they also fielded quite a number of cavalry (hussar) formations as well, the variety becomes even more extensive.

Well, since I've already stated my reasons for doing what I did, I'll just add --
1.  No insult or slight was intended to our Hungarian friends (especially any whose great-great-whatever grandfathers served in the Insurrectio).
2.  One can always change the Troop Type name to something else, such as "Trained Recruits."
3.  Finding light blue breeches to go with any light dolman you find will not be an easy task.  And, as HoJu points out, the mesh most likely will add a pelisse to hussar troops, even if the dolman texture for them doesn't indicate one (meshes sometimes often draw from more than one .dds texture file.  Most belting is like this).

4.  But, one can always re-texture something else - if one is willing to "give up" (or accept the difference for) the uniform(s) of other existing troop types [As Valkmans points out].

Sorry, Valkmans.
Perpetrated another "tangent" on your thread.  I apologize.

Cheers

DARoot

Back
Top Bottom