Metal, metal, metal

Users who are viewing this thread

Rejoice, filthy peasants, as BABYMETAL has just released a new music video to accompany their first full-length album:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

D1Sk0tv.gif

Jhessail said:
Rejoice, filthy peasants, as BABYMETAL has just released a new music video to accompany their first full-length album:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

I am confused on many levels.
How is it possible for one nation to continually push and pull known boundaries in /x/ field? What is built into (or fed, or irradiated) into Japanese folk that makes them so... innovative?
Should I be feeling attracted to these females? I am not acquainted with BABYMETAL, other than YouTube comments suggesting that these females are still in school and under 16. Confused boner.
Why do I find this group both disgusting and also fantastic?

Damnit Japan.

Nahkuri said:

Rolling Stone gave it 4.5/5. Suck on that, snob  :lol:

Leifr, I think they are 15/16 now. Definitely watch their other videos on Youtube as well. Megitsune and Ijime!Dame!Zettai! are probably the two best ones.

Lol, Babymetal. My friend is a lolicon and he freaking loved them. Also, he told me that : Loli is enough, you no need to pay attention to the music. Lol, hahaha  :lol:

Im not the kind of guys who love metal music with rapping like. But those guy made me think again.

Basically, you just need to find the right music to mix the rapping in.

McBeverage said:
Have something actually good!

I wish people who upload full concerts would put down a songlist as well.

Anyways, that's not bad, but Holmes clearly can't do his Hetfield-esque vocals on stage. Like so many bands, PL was at their best when they had piss & vinegar in them instead of on their beds.

I thought that was nice thrashing but then they just had to make the chorus fully blown twink buttloving. ****ing core-core.

Edit: Speaking of thrash, check out these Finnish kids. I can't rember if this is a repost, but if it is, it's one that needed to be made.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/mar/13/babymetal-craze-japan-rockers-knee-socks

The most startling thing about Babymetal's self-titled album is how ridiculously entertaining it is. I should hate this, I thought to myself as I first assailed the neighbours with the glitterbomb savagery of inexplicably-titled sing-along anthems like Gimme Choco!! and Doki Doki MORNING… and yet, I think I've already fallen in love with this, erm, band. Unlike the vapid cut'n'paste postmodernism that has infected the metalcore scene in recent times – check out the frankly hideous Issues for a cackhanded pop/metal hybrid that leaves a truly foul taste in the mouth – Babymetal's songs are imbued with an exhilarating sense of innocence and joy that may yet still enrage Slayer fans to the point of apoplexy, but that I can only hope will introduce a generation of hyperactive toddlers (doubtless via their otherwise embittered middle-aged music journalist parents) to the wonders of brutal riffs, ribcage-shattering kick drum flurries and, best of all, how truly, wonderfully deranged Japanese pop culture can be.

Ahahahahaaa! Dom Lawson has been infected:
Dom_Lawson_reasonably_small.jpg

Resistance is futile!

Back
Top Bottom